FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Club Suites on LHR-BKK - when ? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1964283-club-suites-lhr-bkk-when.html)

Talay Apr 6, 19 8:15 pm

Club Suites on LHR-BKK - when ?
 
I won't travel BA long haul on 8 abreast in business class but my family will on Amex 241 tickets. I would if we could use the newly announced Club Suites.

Any ideas on when they might arrive on the LHR-BKK route ?

BA6501 Apr 6, 19 8:27 pm

Your 241s will have long expired by then.

etiene Apr 7, 19 12:45 am

About as soon as everyone understanding that Club Suite isnít four abreast.

Betteronacamel Apr 7, 19 1:26 am


Originally Posted by Talay (Post 30973232)

Any ideas on when they might arrive on the LHR-BKK route ?

When Hell freezes over?

TGLoyalty Apr 7, 19 1:53 am

Anywhere from 5-10 years short answer is no one knows what the refurb plan is.

The CW seat really isnít that bad especially for families and couples

Airprox Apr 7, 19 2:04 am

Rather than starting a new thread for every "when will we get Club Suites on my route" per airport, perhaps we could have one master thread where we can just copy and paste "We don't know yet" over and over again.

onobond Apr 7, 19 2:06 am

Considering the inferiority of the birds presently on the BKK route, the route priority obviously means waiting for Club Suites to BKK to be v-e-r-y long.

An option is HKG/SIN and connect on CX?

Edit: Agree on a master thread suggested by @Airprox

LondonElite Apr 7, 19 2:07 am

Travel separately from your family?

highpeaklad Apr 7, 19 2:29 am

Give it a few years.
Have you tried 8 abreast? If so, great, you know what you want, but I found it a much more comfortable experience than Singapore with their 4 abreast. Yes, really.

windowontheAside Apr 7, 19 2:57 am

I'm also puzzled by the aversion to 8 abreast. Once I'm in my window seat I have no awareness of how many across it is. What is the issue? :confused:

SKRan Apr 7, 19 3:00 am


Originally Posted by highpeaklad (Post 30973806)
Give it a few years.
Have you tried 8 abreast? If so, great, you know what you want, but I found it a much more comfortable experience than Singapore with their 4 abreast. Yes, really.


IĎd like to know why.

Flexible preferences Apr 7, 19 3:08 am

It is an easy and lazy criticism which completely ignores meaningful comparisons of the current product such as square footage, presence/absence of foot coffins and direct aisle access.

Cap'n Benj Apr 7, 19 5:11 am


Originally Posted by Talay (Post 30973232)
I won't travel BA long haul on 8 abreast in business class but my family will on Amex 241 tickets. I would if we could use the newly announced Club Suites.

Any ideas on when they might arrive on the LHR-BKK route ?

Why wonít you travel on it? You do realise the seat isnít materially actually any smaller?

unless you MUST have some where to store your specs within easy reach, youre cutting off your nose to spite your face

highpeaklad Apr 7, 19 6:34 am


Originally Posted by SKRan (Post 30973848)


IĎd like to know why.

I found the BA seat to be much more comfortable for lounging in and snoozing. The SQ seat didnít recline far enough for me and I found having to get up when I wanted the seat flat a pain - Iíd just be nodding off and instead of pressing a button and going flat it was get up call the steward/ess have them sort the bed then get in now wide awake.
I value sleep and comfort over food and alcohol.

rockflyertalk Apr 7, 19 7:00 am


Originally Posted by Airprox (Post 30973764)
Rather than starting a new thread for every "when will we get Club Suites on my route" per airport, perhaps we could have one master thread where we can just copy and paste "We don't know yet" over and over again.

Ahh I preempted this and created a thread sometime back. But I guess it was a bit early and has been lost in the Ďpit of threadsí :p

Anyway here it is maybe mods could combine the two.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...my-flight.html


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:48 pm.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.