Wiki Posts
Search

Club Suites on LHR-BKK - when ?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2019, 7:10 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by rockflyertalk

Ahh I preempted this and created a thread sometime back. But I guess it was a bit early and has been lost in the ‘pit of threads’

Anyway here it is maybe mods could combine the two.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...my-flight.html
i was looking for this the other day. I knew the information in your wiki was somewhere but I couldn’t see it in the main discussion threads. If this is kept up to date over the next few years it will be a very useful resource ^
rockflyertalk and george77300 like this.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 7:18 am

Programs: BAEC
I was struggling to find it myself but I am on mobile most of time. Even the normally excellent google couldn’t find it! Anyway I agree I think this will be very helpful and hopefully a central place for the “Will I get the Club suite questions?”
Old Apr 7, 2019, 8:26 am

Location: Manchester but from Yorkshire better known as Gods country
Programs: BA Gold, , Sandals plat
Isn’t it more a case of which routes will be more profitable with the A350 fuel wise on and therefore BKK may get up the pecking order
Old Apr 7, 2019, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Perhaps, but I see BKK getting the 787 rather than the A350, which is quite large (and has ±55 seats in CW vs 35).
Old Apr 7, 2019, 9:06 am

Programs: BA Blue, EI Silver, Honours Gold, Marriott Gold
I had assumed the 77Ws would be the first to be done, to match the new-builds coming with CS next year, but the Gatwick 777 wiki has been updated, suggesting the G-YMMx are the next batch of 777s for densification. These are the 777 used on BKK - so if the LHR 777s get Club Suite at the same time as they are densified, BKK would be an early route.

I’ve got skin in this game - planning on BKK next April. I’ve had an equipment change from the A380 to one of these - while the entertainment is ancient, the seat itself is fine.

Old Apr 7, 2019, 11:58 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Cap'n Benj

unless you MUST have some where to store your specs within easy reach, youre cutting off your nose to spite your face
... which would be a shame, because then he’d have nowhere to put them on his face either.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 12:30 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by highpeaklad
Give it a few years.
Have you tried 8 abreast? If so, great, you know what you want, but I found it a much more comfortable experience than Singapore with their 4 abreast. Yes, really.
I have to say, if you are comparing SQ 777 / A380 / long haul A350 seats in a reclined position, I fully agree. I hate those 'twist' seats and I intentionally choose 787s (even though I dislike the aircraft itself) and regional A350s to avoid those 'twist' seats.

I am completely baffled as to why anyone thought those twists were a good idea!

BA seats at least don't leave me nearly needing a wheelchair unless I either sit upright or go flat (I have back problems that take very badly to twisting so I am not joking about a wheelchair...).

I don't really mind the current BA CW seat as long as I'm at the window. I even tried it last month (I'm normally in F...) and thought it was pretty comfortable for reclining, sitting and sleeping.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 12:47 pm
XLB
Suspended

Programs: BA, QR, LH
Club Suite on BKK? Probably before Inverness but likely after Tampa.
Talay likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 3:09 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Having just flown LHR-BKK and return in the 'classic' CW I have to say it was very comfortable.
As a tall (6'3") person the direct aisle access window seats, I had 5A and 11K, were far better than any of the coffin seats.
IFE woeful but I always bring my own.
Cabin very quiet even when nearly full.
Food and drink service flawless and fantastic crew in both directions, one even let me use his wings pin to change my SIM card as I had forgotten the little tool!
Don't let this configuration stop you from thinking you'll enjoy the trip.
As always, YMMV
Boten likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 1:55 am

Programs: Confirmed
Originally Posted by highpeaklad

I found the BA seat to be much more comfortable for lounging in and snoozing. The SQ seat didn’t recline far enough for me and I found having to get up when I wanted the seat flat a pain - I’d just be nodding off and instead of pressing a button and going flat it was get up call the steward/ess have them sort the bed then get in now wide awake.
I value sleep and comfort over food and alcohol.
OK, personal preferences matter.
Sleep and comfort are valuable. For a comfort sleep, it's proven that being able to turn with shoulder width, and a firm supportive bed helps. The SQ seat beats BA in both areas.
choosethedrew likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 12:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Etihad, Krisflyer, BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by BA6501
Your 241s will have long expired by then.
Yeah, except I get 2 x 241 every year
Old Apr 30, 2019, 12:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Cap'n Benj

Why won’t you travel on it? You do realise the seat isn’t materially actually any smaller?

unless you MUST have some where to store your specs within easy reach, youre cutting off your nose to spite your face
Been there, done that, won't do no direct access to aisle (I know a couple of BA seats have that), price is often 50%+ over ME3 and though direct, I prefer Eva or Thai (though Thai is daft pricing 95% of the time).
Old Apr 30, 2019, 12:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BrianDromey
I had assumed the 77Ws would be the first to be done, to match the new-builds coming with CS next year, but the Gatwick 777 wiki has been updated, suggesting the G-YMMx are the next batch of 777s for densification. These are the 777 used on BKK - so if the LHR 777s get Club Suite at the same time as they are densified, BKK would be an early route.

I’ve got skin in this game - planning on BKK next April. I’ve had an equipment change from the A380 to one of these - while the entertainment is ancient, the seat itself is fine.
This was similar to my initial read and I thought I'd come across a potential opportunity to book into the current configuration and then have it changed to the new suites but only on Avios so I can cancel for Ł35.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 12:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by harmacist
Having just flown LHR-BKK and return in the 'classic' CW I have to say it was very comfortable.
As a tall (6'3") person the direct aisle access window seats, I had 5A and 11K, were far better than any of the coffin seats.
IFE woeful but I always bring my own.
Cabin very quiet even when nearly full.
Food and drink service flawless and fantastic crew in both directions, one even let me use his wings pin to change my SIM card as I had forgotten the little tool!
Don't let this configuration stop you from thinking you'll enjoy the trip.
As always, YMMV
Coffin seats vary, massively.

I flew Swiss recently and it was atrocious. Even the throne seat I bagged on the way back was small on footspace. Bad design I say. I'm 1.8m.

I don't want a footstool or not having any space. I've rather grown up in business class (on my own funds) on ME3 and mostly on Etihad so the bA experience is / was often poor and now I don't fly them, though they were very good on LHR-LUX last week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.