Wiki Posts
Search

Golden Ticket - Business Card (type)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2019, 7:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA exec, HHonors Diamond
Golden Ticket - Business Card (type)

My GCH pack (renewal) contained a single business card (type) Golden Ticket. Appreciate I can do all this via the web account, however for me (ymmv) I have used the physical card this last week on a flight back from DXB for exceptional service / personal skills - a team member and BA at its best.

The team member concerned was delighted to be given the actual card and a 1:1 heartfelt thank you with it, which we both agreed meant a lot.

Appreciate we can order replacement tags etc...why not a few more business card type Golden Tickets ?
Old Apr 6, 2019, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
I guess a phone call or even a tweet would restock you. I still carry a couple, but sadly not really needed/justified recently.
Telecasterman likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by T8191
I guess a phone call or even a tweet would restock you. I still carry a couple, but sadly not really needed/justified recently.
Or just make a copy of the card and print out some more copies. I always have one in my wallet if I would need one.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 8:05 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, Hilton Diamond, Marriott GOLD, Accor Club Gold
I actually thought it was a genuine restriction - once a year you get to make a 'special thank you'... not all the time. Am I wrong?
Old Apr 6, 2019, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by DominicB
I actually thought it was a genuine restriction - once a year you get to make a 'special thank you'... not all the time. Am I wrong?
Yes, you are wrong U can do it only as many times you want to. But then u need to ask for name. Much better to have some tickets in the wallet and give them directly
T8191 likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 8:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA exec, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by TravelManBiz

Or just make a copy of the card and print out some more copies. I always have one in my wallet if I would need one.
sure - correct me if I’m wrong- the supplied one is a kinda proper gold card type with your pre applied Gold card details on one side and comments/ flight etc the other?

Last edited by Telecasterman; Apr 6, 2019 at 9:02 am
Old Apr 6, 2019, 9:29 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by Telecasterman

sure - correct me if I’m wrong- the supplied one is a kinda proper gold card type with your pre applied Gold card details on one side and comments/ flight etc the other?

Looking at one of mine it's a white card with Gold writing on the front. On the back in the top left hand corner should be your name with Exec number underneath then

colleague name
flight no:
Cabin

Plenty of pictures on Google images, of the front anyhow.
Telecasterman likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Uncharacterstically, I’ve never done the ‘paper transaction’ ... my few credits have always been done on-line. I’m not sure how comfortable I would be handing out a piece of card in person!
Old Apr 6, 2019, 10:28 am

Programs: BA Gold
As a side note, on BA296 last night one of the crew members was talking to us (she’d been flying with BA for 4 months) and said that if any passenger emails/tweets customer service and mentions their name (first name + flight details is often enough) then CS try their best to ensure the crew member is notified (along with their manager).

Just highlighting/reminding that although GGLs get the golden tickets, even a lowly blue in WT can make a crew members day by sending a quick email/tweet
(of course the golden ticket has a personal touch, but I never used to bother with positive CS emails thinking they wouldn’t go anywhere so it’s good to know that those of us without tickets can still give feedback and it does get there!)
Old Apr 6, 2019, 1:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche
I distributed my first Golden Ticket last week. Definitely helpful to have something physical to exchange - my FA commented she'd heard of them, but never actually been given one before. I could hear the CSM commenting "that was well deserved" during final approach too.

If you're looking for an opportunity to make the exchange as seamless as possible (ergo, not awkward) I'd suggest during meal clear up of the final meal service prior to arrival on long haul? Things are moving quickly at that point, you've likely made up your mind, and it's a natural point to take something away
Old Apr 6, 2019, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by TravelManBiz

i wouldn’t t do this, they might think it was a joke / fake one.

if you cant give the proper card then use the electronic system.

i used one of mine to reward a member of LGW check in who recovered my house keys that I had left on the sofa in the F area and brought them to the lounge for me.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 8:49 pm

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
I have a few times over the last few years requested additional paper copies. At first, the exec club just mailed them through. But, the last 2 times Ive asked they said they don't send the additional paper copies out anymore.

So now, should any crew go over and beyond typical service, we just ask them for their name and managers name, so that we can send the electronic ticket thru later. But I do find sometimes to forget , so it is a pain not having paper copies.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 2:52 am

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
I emailed them last night and asked for more. I received a reply this morning that they would be mailed to me immediately.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 8:14 am

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
im going try again, this time by email. thanks for letting us know
Old Apr 7, 2019, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
I still have all my Golden Tickets that were given to me over the years, and I genuinely was very happy when they were given to me. Its always very nice to have had a "Well Done" message via the website or Customer Relations etc. but for someone to do it personally, with the card was very nice. I never gave them to my manager, just emailed her with a picture of the back of it and she added it to my file... I liked to keep them, along with my "Well Done" letters that were mailed to me in the post in the "olden days"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.