Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Take Away food in T3 LHR options to avoid BA BoB?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2019, 4:32 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G

Hi, sorry if I've missed it but is there an equivalent to the F & M hamper (from any outlet) available in T3 LHR?

Flying back of the bus tomorrow with BA and rather not do BoB, so wondering what the options are in T3...thanks in advance, sorry if it's been asked before, simply point me to that thread if so please!

Rather like the F & M hampers when I do end up in the back!

Safe travels everyone. ^
Old Apr 6, 2019, 4:34 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
AA have pick and mix sweeties avaible along with bags so you can take them away!
BotB, wilsnunn, InsomniaBA and 1 others like this.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 5:08 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Almost all of the restaurants in T3 will do take-away hampers on request, in addition to the usual fast food options. You will find Pret there too.
BotB likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 5:23 am

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
Having a look at the Heathrow T3 website, your options for taking something onboard (grab and go as they call it) your options seem limited. Apart from the usual sandwich chains, Yo Sushi may be your most "exotic" option. If you're feeling generous and want to get friendly with your neighbours, the menu seems to imply you can get party platters of sushi to share!!
BotB likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 7:12 am

Programs: BAEC
Liquids aside, you can bring whatever food you like from outside the airport, which is likely to have a much wider selection, and more keenly priced.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 7:42 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Originally Posted by shefgab
Liquids aside, you can bring whatever food you like from outside the airport, which is likely to have a much wider selection, and more keenly priced.
thanks for the replies so far, appreciate the info, good point about bringing in something from outside, will think about that.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 11:08 am

Programs: BAEC
The seafood bar in T3 does a very good hamper. Not cheap but I had one last time out of T3 and it was tasty!
BotB likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 12:29 pm

Programs: VS Silver, BA Blue - finally; but hotels.com Gold :)
Originally Posted by TabTraveller
The seafood bar in T3 does a very good hamper. Not cheap but I had one last time out of T3 and it was tasty!
Interesting, never even thought to check. Thanks for flagging this.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 12:51 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
At the lower end (compared to the gold-plated diamond-encrusted seafood bar, at least based on the prices) the EAT outlet has chicken and noodle salad boxes, and similar other things, which are pretty reasonable and in particular are still OK after some hours in the air (overhead bins are typically cold enough to keep it edible) so are useful to handle bad second meal options on long haul. I'm sure they would be fine on short haul too.

Obviously, many places will sell you a sandwich too.

If it's a board-and-eat sort of time for you, a starbucks or similar panini might be edible (I don't like panini at all, so I can't comment).

Overall if your personal timetable and flight time allows, I would be trying to eat in the lounges rather than on board. However, if there's no time in the airport for me or the flight time departs too early to make eating in the airport reasonable, I would be likely to head to EAT to get something for in flight dining.
BotB and EuropeanPete like this.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 6:59 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Definitely eat well at either the CX lounge (if noodles and dumplings are your thing) or in the Qantas lounge if you're at the right time of day and the buffet is out. I find Pret salads work well for a snack later if on a long flight.
BotB likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.