Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Changing BA ticket that includes the cancelled IB Flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2019, 11:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QRPC Plat; Marriott Plat; Hilton Gold

Hi Everyone,

Quick question is regarding the IB flights from MAD-JNB that have been cancelled. I have a roundtrip on BA from JNB-LHR where my inbound is LHR-MAD-JNB. Now given that IB has cancelled all flights post Aug I was wondering what options would BA be able to provide? Could they give me QR MAD-DOH-JNB or would I just have to fly direct LHR-JNB?

Ticket is on BA stock FYI
Old Apr 5, 2019, 11:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
They won’t give you QR if it is doable on BA.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 3:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
The general customer guidelines state that you would be rebooked onto BA. You could only be booked on QR if IB's guidelines give that as an option (which I doubt will happen).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.