Avios earning on BA/QR operating flights

Old Apr 5, 19, 6:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA EC
Avios earning on BA/QR operating flights

Hello guys, I am planning to fly from Doha to London soon. I would like to ask if there is any different in earning Avios and TPs in the following options.
PS: BA silver so I concern about the extra Avios if any

a) BA code BA operated
b) QR code BA operated

Thank you
Old Apr 5, 19, 6:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Yes there will be. If you look at the collecting avios page on BA.com and enter the details for your flight you can compare the difference. Enter the airline as the marketing airline as you earn based on that. Avios earning will be higher for the BA codeshare.
george77300 likes this.
Old Apr 5, 19, 6:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA EC
Originally Posted by KARFA View Post
Yes there will be. If you look at the collecting avios page on BA.com and enter the details for your flight you can compare the difference. Enter the airline as the marketing airline as you earn based on that. Avios earning will be higher for the BA codeshare.
Thank out KARFA. I found there is roughly 2500 avios different but definitely not worth 150eur extra for a "BA" code.
And may I confirm that a QR code BA operated flight count towards eligible flights?
Old Apr 5, 19, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by neofung View Post
And may I confirm that a QR code BA operated flight count towards eligible flights?
yes. An eligible flight is any ba operated or ba marketed flight.
Old Apr 5, 19, 7:12 am

Karfa, we'll be flying Ba coded Qr marketed flight . To be an eligible flight, counting towards status, do we need to check in via Ba.com or does it not make a difference. Would the flight still be eligible if we check in via qatar website? I believe Qatar allows check in 48 hours before flight as opposed to 24 hours for Ba checkin? We've already selected seats via Qatar website.
Old Apr 5, 19, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AmaaiZeg View Post
Karfa, we'll be flying Ba coded Qr marketed flight . To be an eligible flight, counting towards status, do we need to check in via Ba.com or does it not make a difference. Would the flight still be eligible if we check in via qatar website? I believe Qatar allows check in 48 hours before flight as opposed to 24 hours for Ba checkin? We've already selected seats via Qatar website.
who you check in with doesnít matter - although you can usually only check in with the operating airline anyway. As long as your BAEC number is in the flight should post to your account and will register as an eligible flight.
Old Apr 5, 19, 7:22 am

Thank you very much Karfa. That's put my mind at ease. Our BAEC number is in the flight.
Old Apr 5, 19, 7:27 am

Programs: BAEC
If you are booked on a BA codeshare operated by QR (J) which lounge can you use? Do QR let you in?
Old Apr 5, 19, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wyddfa View Post
If you are booked on a BA codeshare operated by QR (J) which lounge can you use? Do QR let you in?
Departing LHR t4 you can use the QR lounge. At DOH you can use the al mourjan.
Old Apr 6, 19, 11:41 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
If your QR flight is in the evening, you could also use the Malaysia lounge at T4 (opens 17:35 iirc)