Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Speedbird 100 IPA & Air Craft - Brewdog specials for 100 year celebrations

Speedbird 100 IPA & Air Craft - Brewdog specials for 100 year celebrations

Old Jun 4, 2019, 9:08 pm

Programs: ASLEF
Originally Posted by Mjspin

Isn’t that, almost word for word, what I wrote?
Almost. You missed the crucial detail that both the Tesco Finest American Double IPA and Mr President are relabelled versions of Hardcore IPA.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 4:38 am

Programs: BA bronze
Originally Posted by AleTrail
Interesting, last week in CE I was advised in no uncertain terms that this beer was purchase only in ET , they could bend the rules and sell me a can in CE if I wanted.
Same experience yesterday flying LHR-MAD in CE on the 777. I was told that the Speedbird 100 IPA is for ET passengers not CE passengers and that I could have a can only if I paid £4.45. The same applied to another IPA, Curious Session IPA. Only Heineken and St Austell Tribute were free of charge in CE.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 4:41 am

Programs: Was BA GGL but no longer travelling
I flew LHR to ATL yesterday in F and had my first sample of Air Craft. Crew were unaware it even existed ("no we only have Speedbird") until I asked them to go and check, and sure enough, they had it.

Pleased to have finally tried it (and photographed the bottle, obviously) but I think I prefer the Speedbird.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 4:45 am

Programs: Was BA GGL but no longer travelling
Originally Posted by Physci

Nothing in GLA either today
EDI yesterday was the same. However I was only checking out of pure curiosity; beer at 9AM doesn't really work for me.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 8:43 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Alvador
Same experience yesterday flying LHR-MAD in CE on the 777. I was told that the Speedbird 100 IPA is for ET passengers not CE passengers and that I could have a can only if I paid £4.45. The same applied to another IPA, Curious Session IPA. Only Heineken and St Austell Tribute were free of charge in CE.
This seems ridiculous !! How can they NOT offer to CE !! Crazy.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 11:42 am

2x cans loaded in the CE drinks cart to IST last week.
Suffice to say they were both gone by row 3.

Not sure how it works but if they're loaded in the BoB cart but not in the CE cart, can they not be 'procured' for CE or does this screw the BoB inventories and reconciling up?

​​​​​​
Old Jun 9, 2019, 5:38 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Flew in from Valencia to Heathrow today - no issue with getting a Speedbird 100, however I did notice they only had two left in the trolley and none had been handed out previously on the flight.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 6:09 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by THEOBCMAN

This seems ridiculous !! How can they NOT offer to CE !! Crazy.
It is available, complimentary, in CE. The crew were incorrect.

Originally Posted by Alvador
Please feed this back to BA, make them aware crew are still wrongly informing passengers about availability.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 1:53 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

I'd guess that no Speedbird IPA is loaded into the CE bars in some cases. That's why passengers are being told it's not available. It's available in the BoB bars... but the staff won't have the authority to raid that with going through no end of paperwork to explain why the figures don't tally.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 3:17 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
There is still a shortage of Speedbird 100 IPA. None in FLounge yesterday but plenty of Punk IPA.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 3:46 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
I spotted some (not many, no exact count taken!) in the T5 Flounge yesterday around 8.00am, in the fridges under the main bar.

They were on the top shelf to the right of the Punk IPA - I would not be surprised to find they did not survive the morning let alone the day...
Old Jun 10, 2019, 4:02 am

It's still available on the BrewDog website if you need to order some in... It was quite amusing that people were selling it for £10 a can on Ebay, when you can get it for £2.30 direct from the brewer!
Donsyb likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 4:18 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
It's still available on the BrewDog website if you need to order some in... It was quite amusing that people were selling it for £10 a can on Ebay, when you can get it for £2.30 direct from the brewer!

https://www.brewdog.com/speedbird-100
- Only available to 'Equity Punks' (people who have invested/crowdfunded).
Apologies for the size of screenshot. I can't figure out how to resize it.

P.S. My referral code is R714691 if anyone decides to become an Equity Punk

Last edited by TrainDriverSparky; Jun 10, 2019 at 4:35 am
Old Jun 10, 2019, 4:27 am

Originally Posted by TrainDriverSparky
https://www.brewdog.com/speedbird-100 - Only available to 'Equity Punks' (people who have invested/crowdfunded).
Apologies for the size of screenshot. I can't figure out how to resize it.
Ah yes, apologies. I was signed in already, so it didn't show the message about being an investor.

*Orders 100 cans and puts them straight on Ebay for £10 a can
Old Jun 10, 2019, 4:37 am

Just like the lounges; it would seem that there is a bit of a Speedbird100 drought on eBay at the moment.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.