Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Speedbird 100 IPA & Air Craft - Brewdog specials for 100 year celebrations

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Speedbird 100 IPA & Air Craft - Brewdog specials for 100 year celebrations

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2019, 2:54 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by weebo15

Was that your flight I saw from Galleries North that seemed to wait an age for a gate?

Back to Speedbird100, it was freely available on BA1470/BA1471 to Inverness and back in CE, but not in huge quantities. I was the only one drinking it I think and I had 3 on the round trip.
I suspect it was; we were pretty much right outside I think ☺️
Old May 13, 2019, 4:06 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club: Gold HHons:Diamond FB:Ivory Accor:Plat Hertz: PC USA:GlobalEntry
Interesting, last week in CE I was advised in no uncertain terms that this beer was purchase only in ET , they could bend the rules and sell me a can in CE if I wanted.
Old May 13, 2019, 6:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by AleTrail
Interesting, last week in CE I was advised in no uncertain terms that this beer was purchase only in ET , they could bend the rules and sell me a can in CE if I wanted.
Same experience yesterday on RAK-LGW in CE. Kind of a disappointment.
Old May 14, 2019, 7:35 pm

Managed to try some on tonight’s BA56. Apparently only one bottle or Air Craft loaded but I really like it. Managed to nab a couple of cans of Speedbird too.
Old May 15, 2019, 5:06 am

Programs: BA Gold
Beer Geek in search of Brewdog in F

As a self confessed beer geek Im always in search of a unique beer. Today I noticed that Brewdog (Overworks) is providing a wild ale IPA beer that is only available in First to long haul destinations. I was hoping someone would be kind enough to collect one for me on returning to the UK. Im based in London and will happily collect or arrange shipping from your home/work place and send some thank you beers or whisky samples in return. Sample pic attached.

Brewdog Overworks
Old May 15, 2019, 5:38 am

Programs: BA Silver (for now)
I can’t help you with acquiring one but I did have it en route to Boston last week.

Very nice I must say!
Old May 15, 2019, 5:43 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Speedbird 100 IPA is now available in T3 and T5 Flounges, it will be available in CCR later today. No lounge news on Air Craft however.
Attached Images  
Old May 15, 2019, 6:03 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Speedbird 100 IPA is now available in T3 and T5 Flounges, it will be available in CCR later today. No lounge news on Air Craft however.
I'll have to take your word for it (and I do), but you need a better phone camera with auto-focus!
Old May 15, 2019, 6:07 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
I'll have to take your word for it (and I do), but you need a better phone camera with auto-focus!
Yes I realised that shot wasn't too good after I had repaired to my usual watering hole, and my dedication to this forum didn't extend to going all the way back again....
Old May 15, 2019, 6:21 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
good enough to see that they have Punk IPA on the shelf below as well - shame I'm through next week at 8am....
Old May 15, 2019, 6:26 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by teemuflyer

I just assumed that c-w-s (who I know is teetotal) was capturing the genuine experience of over-imbibing the new beverages!

I've got no BA flights this month, what chance there will be any left come June! And yes, the Brewdog shop is still out of stock it seems.
wrp96 likes this.
Old May 15, 2019, 6:26 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Stewie Mac
good enough to see that they have Punk IPA on the shelf below as well - shame I'm through next week at 8am....
And...?
Old May 15, 2019, 8:25 am

Programs: BA Gold
Really after the bottled one!
Kernow likes this.
Old May 15, 2019, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by oktane
As a self confessed beer geek Im always in search of a unique beer. Today I noticed that Brewdog (Overworks) is providing a wild ale IPA beer that is only available in First to long haul destinations. I was hoping someone would be kind enough to collect one for me on returning to the UK. Im based in London and will happily collect or arrange shipping from your home/work place and send some thank you beers or whisky samples in return. Sample pic attached.

Brewdog Overworks
Yep. I tried this one last night too. Very nice. I did keep the bottle but smashed in the car on the way home this morning. :-(
Old May 16, 2019, 2:09 pm

Programs: Was BA GGL but no longer travelling
I snagged a couple of cans f Speedbird on the LHR EDI last night, and the CC gave them to me unopened as requested (driving home after landing). Will enjoy them this weekend.

Surprised - and not surprised - to see this though: https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/113748974780?chn=ps

I flew in first to JFK last week; wish I had known about the bottled one then

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.