Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Speedbird 100 IPA & Air Craft - Brewdog specials for 100 year celebrations

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Speedbird 100 IPA & Air Craft - Brewdog specials for 100 year celebrations

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2019, 3:17 pm

Programs: QF, TK, VA, SQ
This evening’s 1407 had the new menu loaded to trolleys in ET (despite old menus causing no end of confusion to some pax-saw one poor crew member have to say about 5 times that there was no more sipsmith).

Tried the Speedbird IPA- it was decent, not hugely remarkable but definitely not bad. My go to is normally Elvis Juice in Brewdog and it wasn’t dissimilar; but I expect it wouldn’t take much to give you a headache.

at £4.45 I won’t be biting again in a hurry but if a decent IPA is what you fancy you won’t be disappointed IMO.
Love the design of the can too
Old May 2, 2019, 7:58 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
After a false start, the crew found the AirCraft for
me on our flight. So good I had to have two of them just to make sure it was decent.

If you’re flying soon, do mention to the crew it’s a bottle rather than a can as that makes it easier to find.

TrainDriverSparky likes this.
Old May 3, 2019, 2:40 am

Originally Posted by BobServant
After a false start, the crew found the AirCraft for
me on our flight. So good I had to have two of them just to make sure it was decent.

If you’re flying soon, do mention to the crew it’s a bottle rather than a can as that makes it easier to find.

nothing on the BA57. They said it’s new but not available yet.
Old May 3, 2019, 7:16 am

Programs: BAEC bronze
Ordered 16 cans yesterday so I hope I like it, and they arrived very quickly by mid-morning today. Also my first online purchase of anything Brewdog since I bought into the company. Will try it over the weekend!
Old May 3, 2019, 8:59 am

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Geordie405
I was in the BrewDog bar in NCL on Saturday and, partly because I was confused as to the start date for the BAEC discount and partly because I didn't realise it was just 5% for BAEC members, I actually managed to get 10% off all my beers there in spite of it only being 27th April.
Is the discount in Brewdog bars only 5%? The HfP article on it says 10%, but I can't find the original press release. Either way, the offer should now be live, yeah? I might give it a go today...
Old May 3, 2019, 11:28 am

Programs: BA:Gold Amex:Green :IC Platinum Elite Amb
Not offered in CE LHR-BUD 2nd May

Originally Posted by zappomatic
On CityFlyer I believe this will be in both ET and CE. On mainline short haul it will be in CE and also ET BOB. I haven't seen any confirmation regarding long haul but I'd be surprised if it's not available in all classes, given it's a part of the centenary celebrations.
Asked for an Speedbird but told not stocked for the CE service front bar and would have to pay for one from the back BoB stock.
Old May 3, 2019, 11:40 am

Programs: BA Silver
Last night on LHR - DME: Speedbird was listed in the menu in Club, the crew searched for but could not find it (maybe searching for a bottle?). They were apologetic and suggested it only featured on longer flights. Coming back on Monday, will try asking again.
Old May 3, 2019, 12:12 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond
Lovely F crew on DEL-LHR this week weren't even aware of either beer's existence, but had a rummage for me and found one of each - much to their surprise! Very kindly suggested that I probably didn't want to drink them on board (the Aircraft in particular comes in at a hefty half litre) and that I would enjoy them much more at home....
Old May 3, 2019, 1:52 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club Blue
Originally Posted by UKTony
Asked for an Speedbird but told not stocked for the CE service front bar and would have to pay for one from the back BoB stock.
It’s definitely meant to be in the CE bar but it does seem there’s been a bit of a lag in ensuring it’s actually loaded there on all flights.
Old May 3, 2019, 3:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Deltus
Is the discount in Brewdog bars only 5%? The HfP article on it says 10%, but I can't find the original press release. Either way, the offer should now be live, yeah? I might give it a go today...
To follow up on my own post, flashing my BAEC card in the mobile app does indeed result in a 10% discount in Brewdog Tower Hill. Bar staff understood as soon as I mentioned it.
Old May 3, 2019, 11:49 pm

Still no signs of it in galleries F in T5.
Old May 4, 2019, 2:19 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Nothing in GF. I’ll see if it’s in economy on my flight later. The Air Craft sounds like the one to get. But will have to settle for SpeedBird if they have it
Old May 4, 2019, 2:52 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, BA LTG, Hilton Diamond, FB Platinum, EK Gold
Flew LHR to AMS yesterday in CE and it was available, although the crew had to go back into the kitchen to find. I liked it, quite decent, although prefer the beer to be colder than how it was served.
Old May 4, 2019, 3:01 am

Availability does seem to be a bit patchy. I flew EDI-LHR-IBZ yesterday in CE with the following results.

As others have said not in EDI lounge or T5 GF.

I asked for for it on the EDI-LHR leg and the crew member said he hadn’t heard of it but when he pulled out the bottom draw of his trolley there it was (much to his surprise). I then gave him and the purser a summary of the details!

However, on the LHR-IBZ it wasn’t stocked in CE and the CSM said it was only available to purchase in ET.

Anyhow, back to the beer. I’m not a fan of Punk IPA but I did enjoy the Speedbird had a nice zesty aftertaste.

Old May 4, 2019, 3:03 am

Programs: BAEC
Not in CE LHR-LUX bar this morning, and no sign in the T3 Galleries fridges either (used Galleries rather than Cathay lounge for once to see if they had it)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.