Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Speedbird 100 IPA & Air Craft - Brewdog specials for 100 year celebrations

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Speedbird 100 IPA & Air Craft - Brewdog specials for 100 year celebrations

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2019, 1:27 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by gormless
Agree, will like to see this in our DXB flight in May (First First for us. Worried that they won't offer there.)
You can get Punk IPA in some bars in Dubai these days. Only about £12 a pint
Old Apr 26, 2019, 2:32 am

Programs: BA Gold / OW Emerald
Originally Posted by GLABA
The second share sale, which I bought into, valued Brewdog at £25m. Are you really suggesting Brewdog wouldn't be valued at £25m or more on the open market today?

At that time the p/e was 20, basically the same as Wetherspoon or Fullers.
P/E isn't everything, and it's not close to enough to make a decision. The valuation today and the valuation at the time of the sale share are two very different things. You could say all the same about bitcoin: "How can it be a fad if I bought it for $5 and now it's worth $1000"
Old Apr 26, 2019, 3:36 am

Originally Posted by thebigben
I'll admit to my wording being bad. But that's not because people made money. People made money out of Initial Coin Offerings. People also lost money. They give you an actual share (which has less privileges than others) in the process, but the whole thing is really a marketing exercise and not an investment, as I detailed in my more detailed message a couple of posts above.
Your wording was completely misleading and incorrect, not just 'bad', and you also unjustly accused the company of dishonesty. However, the BA relevance by volume of these posts is now 0%, so maybe it is now time at the bar?
Old Apr 26, 2019, 4:48 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by djbenedict
Your wording was completely misleading and incorrect, not just 'bad', and you also unjustly accused the company of dishonesty. However, the BA relevance by volume of these posts is now 0%, so maybe it is now time at the bar?
Indeed, BrewDog were completely transparent in their "Equity for Punks" offering. No dividend would be paid, and all profits would be re-invested or used to pay the staff. A lot of people would buy the minimum amount of shares to get the 10% discount at bars and an invite to the AGM/Piss Up in Aberdeen each year
Old Apr 26, 2019, 10:56 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by thebigben
P/E isn't everything, and it's not close to enough to make a decision. The valuation today and the valuation at the time of the sale share are two very different things. You could say all the same about bitcoin: "How can it be a fad if I bought it for $5 and now it's worth $1000"
OK. How much would you value it at? Under £25m?
Old Apr 26, 2019, 10:59 am

From May 1st BA staff will get 10% discount in brewdog bars permenantly, BAEC members 5% discount through to 31symt August.

I'm guessing the beer and JFK pop up will be until 31st Aug too.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 12:29 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC
Looking forward to see how this thread develops next week when you can actually drink some.
My next BA flights are the week after, so I'm hoping for some high quality unbiased tasting notes to decide whether I should give it a go.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 5:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by DeathSlam
My next BA flights are the week after, so I'm hoping for some high quality unbiased tasting notes to decide whether I should give it a go.
Feedback is guaranteed and will range from piss water to nectar of the gods.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 3:08 am

Programs: ASLEF
It doesn't seem to be widely publicised, and apologies if this has already been mentioned up-thread, but BrewDog is also brewing a beer for First.

'BrewDog further explained it will also offer a small-batch exclusive beer from the BrewDog OverWorks team for those in First class on British Airways. The company added:
“We are proud to be creating a new generation of sour and wild beers with our OverWorks facility – and more proud that very soon travellers on British Airways will be able to enjoy these beers at 30,000 feet and above. AirCraft is a dry-hopped Brett-fermented IPA incorporates the rich fruity esters and flavours from Brettanomyces with the notorious tropical hops of the south pacific for a bold but balanced hop experience. For too long, taking a plane has meant a limited selection of beer on offer but we love the fact that British Airways have worked with us to make this a thing of the past. They share our belief that you should be able to enjoy amazing beer wherever you are going.” - Taken from This crowdfundinsider.com article

Also, to clarify on the BA Employee and BAEC discounts.

From one of the staffers on the BrewDog Equity Punk Forum:
'Just to update everyone on this, the following is launching for BA staff and BAEC card holders from next week (01st May)
British Airways Discount
Starting next week on May 1st, we will be offering a discount in all our bars globally for British Airways staff and Exec Club cardholders. There will be 2 different discounts as follows:
  • BA staff: 10% on all food and drink at all times upon presentation of a staff card. NOT stackable with EFP or other discounts. No expiry date.
  • Exec Club cardholders: 5% on food and drink at all times, upon presentation of a BAEC card. NOT stackable with EFP or other discounts. This discount will expire on August 31st.' - Link to post for those with access
HIDDY likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 3:31 pm

£4,45 in the Summer BOB menu, there's also 2 new Gins and a new Champagne, Pannier Brut.

Will any of this be served in Club Europe?

HIDDY likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 5:45 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
I was in the BrewDog bar in NCL on Saturday and, partly because I was confused as to the start date for the BAEC discount and partly because I didn't realise it was just 5% for BAEC members, I actually managed to get 10% off all my beers there in spite of it only being 27th April.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 6:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
£4,45 in the Summer BOB menu,
Bloomin' heck...
Old Apr 29, 2019, 11:33 pm

Nice to see an offering from Chapel Down as well. Not that I BOB.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 12:41 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Am flying Sunday LGWAGP so will grab a few in lounge or on board - can’t wait !!
Old Apr 30, 2019, 2:09 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
I shall be flying out of Gatwick tomorrow so fingers crossed I manage to get one (assuming they launch on time).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.