Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Speedbird 100 IPA & Air Craft - Brewdog specials for 100 year celebrations

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Speedbird 100 IPA & Air Craft - Brewdog specials for 100 year celebrations

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2019, 9:43 am

Programs: BA Gold / OW Emerald
Originally Posted by BobServant
Do you have any examples of this? My take on things is that Brewdog break the ice and are keen to bring other breweries along with then.
What really gets me is that they sell "equity" that are essentially just fundraising and not shares as in company stock. Absolutely dishonest.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by thebigben
What really gets me is that they sell "equity" that are essentially just fundraising and not shares as in company stock. Absolutely dishonest.
Can you explain further or point to a reference? According to my understanding the above statement is not correct.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 10:38 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Does anyone know if this will be available on City Flyer flights from LCY?
Old Apr 24, 2019, 12:53 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club Blue
Originally Posted by albpenny
Does anyone know if this will be available on City Flyer flights from LCY?
Yes, it will be available.
albpenny likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 1:23 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Interesting.....

What makes you say that?

I sold half my Brewdog 'shares' for a 30x profit. Pretty happy with that. How long would I have had to have held real shares like IAG for that kinda return?
Old Apr 24, 2019, 1:25 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by djbenedict
Can you explain further or point to a reference? According to my understanding the above statement is not correct.
The shares are “proper” shares, they are selling B shares which have equal rights to the A shares held by founders and very early investors. The A shareholders swamp the B shareholders but A and B are both voting and have same rights to dividends and assets on winding up. Have a look at the filings on Companies House.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 1:28 pm

Programs: BAEC - Gold
Does anyone know which classes and lounges this will be available in?

GC?
GF?
CCR?

ET BOB?
CE on board bar?
CW?
F?

TFC
Old Apr 25, 2019, 2:01 am

The shares are “proper” shares, they are selling B shares which have equal rights to the A shares held by founders and very early investors. The A shareholders swamp the B shareholders but A and B are both voting and have same rights to dividends and assets on winding up. Have a look at the filings on Companies House.
B shares have always been sold much above valuation, understandable as their value is inflated because of the benefits they offer. Benefits are not attached to the B shares but to the fact that one purchases B shares at a given point in time.

You're paying maybe twice as much as the share is worth on an open market (maybe more) just because they made some clever marketing for it. That's without counting the fact they're sending the profits to other preferred investors or redistributing them to employees/charity, so tough luck getting a dividend.

Finally:
The Company may undertake further equity financing which may be dilutive to existing Shareholders or result in an issuance of securities (such as further Preferred C Shares or other classes with enhanced rights) whose rights, preferences and privileges are senior to those of holders of B Shares, reducing the value of B Shares subscribed for under the Offer and the Company may take such actions without the specific consent of the holders of B Shares
Anyone who's been in the startup world knows that it's trivial for many pre-IPO companies to issue worthless shares.
Tobias-UK likes this.

Last edited by thebigben; Apr 25, 2019 at 2:14 am
Old Apr 25, 2019, 2:05 am

Hopefully they will have it on my flight to Dubai next month 😮
Old Apr 25, 2019, 3:09 am

Yes, I know (I own some). I was quizzing thebigben who stated "[Brewdog] sell "equity" that are essentially just fundraising and not shares as in company stock'. Although he seems to have now changed his story.
Sprodo likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 3:28 am

Programs: BD Silver, HH Gold, BA Silver, CX Gold
This statement is flawed. Plenty of examples of people in raises 1-3 that made significant returns on their equity by selling it.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 4:06 am

Originally Posted by Sprodo
This statement is flawed. Plenty of examples of people in raises 1-3 that made significant returns on their equity by selling it.
I'll admit to my wording being bad. But that's not because people made money. People made money out of Initial Coin Offerings. People also lost money. They give you an actual share (which has less privileges than others) in the process, but the whole thing is really a marketing exercise and not an investment, as I detailed in my more detailed message a couple of posts above.

Last edited by thebigben; Apr 25, 2019 at 4:15 am
Old Apr 25, 2019, 5:39 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Blue
Originally Posted by TheFlyingCyclist
Does anyone know which classes and lounges this will be available in?

GC?
GF?
CCR?

ET BOB?
CE on board bar?
CW?
F?

TFC
On CityFlyer I believe this will be in both ET and CE. On mainline short haul it will be in CE and also ET BOB. I haven't seen any confirmation regarding long haul but I'd be surprised if it's not available in all classes, given it's a part of the centenary celebrations.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 8:15 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by jday
Hopefully they will have it on my flight to Dubai next month 😮
Agree, will like to see this in our DXB flight in May (First First for us. Worried that they won't offer there.)
Old Apr 26, 2019, 12:57 am

I'll admit to my wording being bad. But that's not because people made money. People made money out of Initial Coin Offerings. People also lost money. They give you an actual share (which has less privileges than others) in the process, but the whole thing is really a marketing exercise and not an investment, as I detailed in my more detailed message a couple of posts above.
The second share sale, which I bought into, valued Brewdog at £25m. Are you really suggesting Brewdog wouldn't be valued at £25m or more on the open market today?

At that time the p/e was 20, basically the same as Wetherspoon or Fullers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.