Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Speedbird 100 IPA & Air Craft - Brewdog specials for 100 year celebrations

Speedbird 100 IPA & Air Craft - Brewdog specials for 100 year celebrations

Old Apr 6, 2019, 3:51 am

Programs: Confirmed
super bock
super star
gets you pissed
more than stella artois
Old Apr 6, 2019, 3:52 am

Programs: Confirmed
Bear in mind that some of the best whisky brands are owned by a Japanese firm too.
Ardecos likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 4:58 am

Programs: BAEC Silver | Flying Blue Gold | Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Mikey Mike Mike
And just really pleased it's not Fullers as one of the nearest breweries to Heathrow who have sold out to one of the Japanese Breweries
Brewdog is one of the biggest sellouts in the industry. Rocking a punk image while bullying small breweries out of business.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 2:15 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club - Demoted to Bronze and re-promoted to Silver alongside AC Elite 50K (gold) in 2022
As an ex resident of Ealing in West London, done the brewery tour twice and met some of the Turner family, it was always a brag that they were independent and after Youngs was sold (and before the micro breweries - the only independent brewer left in london

At Heathrow last month waiting for an Air Canada flight back to Toronto, in the Fuller's bar in the new terminal 2, the Fullers Crest had beside it the same boast despite having been bought weeks before.

I accept all of the the small independents eventually get bought up, I have a nostalgia for Fullers London Pride and Chiswick Bitter

Regardless of the brewery, I think BA have done something more unusual with the Speedbird IPA and I like the can. All be trying it as soon as I can!
Old Apr 6, 2019, 3:41 pm

Programs: BAEC, Flying Blue, Eurobonus
Brewdog brewery is 14 miles from my house, and I really wanted to like it, but after trying "punk" and "dead pony club" I can't stand the stuff.

I will try this new one when I see it, and hopefully like it.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 4:05 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by InsomniaBA
Brewdog is one of the biggest sellouts in the industry. Rocking a punk image while bullying small breweries out of business.
Do you have any examples of this? My take on things is that Brewdog break the ice and are keen to bring other breweries along with then.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 4:26 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Global Entry
Will be interested to try it. Personally I haven't liked a single Brew Dog beer I've tried yet - many are far too strong in ABV for me, akin to the US IPAs. I notice however that my lager drinking friends seem to enjoy Punk, so maybe it's aimed at a slightly different clientele from ale lovers like me. I would have been more excited if BA had teamed up with Adnams or Woodfords...

PS Not remotely snobby about lager - love a cold one
BlueThroughCrimp likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 4:53 pm

Programs: Gold at BA, Hilton and Radisson.
What brewery is on the A4 to Heathrow?

Very happy with this and looking forward to trying it ☺️
Old Apr 6, 2019, 6:22 pm

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Originally Posted by ScienceTeacher
What brewery is on the A4 to Heathrow?
Fullers
Old Apr 6, 2019, 7:14 pm

Programs: BD Silver, HH Gold, BA Silver, CX Gold
Originally Posted by InsomniaBA
Who have they bullied out of business ? Id say BrewDog have done more for UK independent breweries than anyone.

Even internationally theyve helped a number of breweries out from start ups to bigger players like Stone very recently
chrismk, kingstontoon and DrBenO like this.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 3:24 am

Programs: KLM FB Gold, LH M&M
Makes a change from Heineken, that well-known British beer.
Sprodo and Mordac like this.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 7:31 am

The fridges in the lounge will be getting emptied! Wonder if it'll be free too on-board long haul? On the Brewdog Airlines flight because of the free beer they had to close the toilets because the tanks were full lol!
Old Apr 24, 2019, 7:47 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
great news, I am flying CE on May 1st as well as having a couple of hours in one of the lounges in T5 so I will look to try this!
I guess they brought this out on may 1st to celebrate the anniversary of the LHR-KRK service
KARFA likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 7:53 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
I'm flying to LAS on 1 May so there being no work on arrival I look forward to trying this brew. I like trying new beers, I just hope I don't like it too much! It might help calm me down from the horrid MAN arrival to T3.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 9:38 am

Programs: BA Plastic. HH Diamond. Speedwell Bar Lifetime Platinum.
Most Brewdogs are rancid to me. And they are rather up their own bahookie in the pretentiousness stakes.
Now a nice Innis and Gunn, Inveralmond or a West St Mungo's would be a different matter.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.