Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Speedbird 100 IPA & Air Craft - Brewdog specials for 100 year celebrations

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Speedbird 100 IPA & Air Craft - Brewdog specials for 100 year celebrations

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2020, 12:10 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hertz PC,
Originally Posted by BertieBadger
So that is why it's now showing as sold out!
I suspect that KARFA has a 747 cargo container full of them outside his home
KARFA and BertieBadger like this.
Old Apr 29, 2020, 6:14 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
Originally Posted by KARFA
My order has arrived. This will see me through lockdown!
I think one of their advertising strap lines was “specifically brewed to work perfectly in the air and adapt to the reduction in taste and smell sensitivity at high altitudes” - I'll be interested in your trip report from ground level!
Old Apr 29, 2020, 6:16 am

Originally Posted by vintagepilot
I think one of their advertising strap lines was “specifically brewed to work perfectly in the air and adapt to the reduction in taste and smell sensitivity at high altitudes” - I'll be interested in your trip report from ground level!
I really like SpeedBird although their Air Craft certainly tastes better in the Air.
Old Apr 29, 2020, 12:00 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
My order has arrived. This will see me through lockdown!
I am officially jealous!
KARFA likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2020, 2:32 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
I am officially jealous!
Originally Posted by vintagepilot
I had some last night. Not a big beer drinker but I really like it even on the ground

Originally Posted by BertieBadger
So that is why it's now showing as sold out!
Back in stock now - perhaps I should get some more?
Old Apr 30, 2020, 10:17 am

Programs: BA Silver

My supply arrived today after a bit of wait
KARFA and BertieBadger like this.
Old Apr 30, 2020, 3:29 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hertz PC,
Not a big beer drinker
As we know from many a Do
toothy and KARFA like this.
Old Aug 19, 2020, 9:19 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Air Craft is now available in BrewDog bars (on tap). It's listed as £5.70 for a half at Shepherds Bush Brewdog
Ryanfozzie likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2020, 9:26 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Air Craft is now available in BrewDog bars (on tap). It's listed as £5.70 for a half at Shepherds Bush Brewdog
They can keep it, especially at that price! Sadly Speedbird 100 is no longer being brewed
Old Aug 19, 2020, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
They can keep it, especially at that price! Sadly Speedbird 100 is no longer being brewed
Yep... I only drank 1 of the 4 bottles I bought. I didn't like it at all.

Speedbird was nice.
Old Aug 19, 2020, 9:33 am

Programs: BA Blue, Qatar Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Some Speedbird 100 news

As we know, this is not being brewed anymore and is not for sale from Brewdog (UK). Some supply seems to be in the lounges, but is dwindling onboard. A CSM of a recent flight (last week) informed me that all stocks had now been used and that is it! I'd be gutted if this is the case.

I managed to order some from the Brewdog EU site, had it sent to a friend in mainland Europe and then onto me. It does seem it is still for sale on the EU site. If anyone is intrested in getting some more of this lovely IPA, let me know! Maybe if a few of us really want a good few, I would go and pick up a large quanity from Brewdog in Germany and bring them back - subject to Avios availability!
BertieBadger likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2020, 9:34 am

Programs: BA Blue, Qatar Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Yep... I only drank 1 of the 4 bottles I bought. I didn't like it at all.

Speedbird was nice.
I've always fancied trying the AirCraft but never flew 1st when it was around. Would you consider selling a bottle??
Old Aug 19, 2020, 9:52 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by Ryanfozzie
I've always fancied trying the AirCraft but never flew 1st when it was around. Would you consider selling a bottle??
There was some stock in bottles in Brewdog bars as of a month or so ago, so it may be worth checking those close to you on the off chance (now.brewdog.com as you probably know, or check each bar's untappd page which is generally the most up-to-date source of what each bar has)

If you can't get hold of one from a bar or a kindly soul on here, you'll get a pretty close approximation from "Funk x Punk". It was suggested that Aircraft was a simple rebrand of that, and while that is not true (at least according to Brewdog) they do say that Aircraft is basically a tweak in the recipe, so they are very similar.
Ryanfozzie likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2020, 10:55 am

As an aside, I've been to a few BrewDog bars over the last few days. All had been very good in their Covid responsibilities - you couldn't even go to your table until you'd done the track and trace.

Until... BrewDog Paddington. There is a sign in the door saying "Wait to be seated", but there is nobody actually greeting. So, after a few minutes, people are just walking in and straight to the bar or a seat. There's no track-and-trace whatsoever. All the other bars have a QR code that links you to a pre-filled form where you enter your name and phone number.
BertieBadger likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2020, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by Ryanfozzie
I *think* I gave them away... but I'll check tomorrow when I get home. I'm not sure what the drink-by date would be, but I think it was over a year ago when I bought them.
Ryanfozzie likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.