Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Speedbird 100 IPA & Air Craft - Brewdog specials for 100 year celebrations

Speedbird 100 IPA & Air Craft - Brewdog specials for 100 year celebrations

Old May 4, 2019, 1:51 pm

Programs: BAEC-GGL, GFL, *A Gold, Hilton Diamond , IHG Diamond/Ambassador
Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
Sounds reasonable, unless they buy everything on board so there's nothing left for passengers.
Is that what @flyerkit is saying?
I don't know when they bought it but it was at least 6hrs and 3hrs from landing in each case, leaving none for F pax... .... Probably a bit premature Especially when both destinations were thriving metropolises
Old May 4, 2019, 10:42 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by flyerkit
I don't know when they bought it but it was at least 6hrs and 3hrs from landing in each case, leaving none for F pax... .... Probably a bit premature Especially when both destinations were thriving metropolises
Now we know why they are often so short on LPGS...

Tried the speedbird IPA yesterday in economy on 107. Im not a massive fan of fizzy drinks these days and it was certainly up there on the fizz level. Tasted pleasant enough though.
Old May 4, 2019, 11:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC - Lowly blue
None on the flight back from Abu Dhabi last night
Old May 5, 2019, 3:39 am

Programs: BA Silver
Just read the notes on this. Citrus, yuck. Sounds more like an American IPA than a traditional one.
JimEddie likes this.
Old May 5, 2019, 4:16 am

Originally Posted by moneypooraviosrich
Just read the notes on this. Citrus, yuck. Sounds more like an American IPA than a traditional one.
Hardly a surprise given the brewer!
Old May 5, 2019, 7:56 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Absent at Gatwick lounges today...
It seems I may have to pay for it to try it. Hardly as advertised but prepared to invest four and a half quid to try it on route to Malaga in about a hour

Be interesting to see if its free on the Cityflyer fleet for my next trip on wednesday. I did read it was going live from today on that franchise but the proof will be in the pudding I guess..
Old May 5, 2019, 9:43 am

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
On BA164 now in F and I had a taste of the Brewdog Aircraft beer. Definitely not my cup of tea! Much too sour for my liking. Fortunately I downgraded to Tribute, which I always enjoy. I guess its one of those things you either love or hate.
Old May 5, 2019, 9:51 am

Programs: BA Exec Club: Gold HHons:Diamond FB:Ivory Accor:Plat Hertz: PC USA:GlobalEntry
I was waiting for this thread to appear.
Nothing available on way back from PHX in J last night, nothing in T5 but did manage to get a couple on the LHR-NCL hop back - no pun intended
As a someone who travels the world to appreciate beer I thought this was an excellent modern style Pale Ale, I hope it becomes a regular offering.
It's certainly not sour, try a real spontaneously fermented beer from a brewery like Cantillon or BrewDog's very own excellent OverWorks brewery for that flavour profile.

For the record my favourite airline beer is Voodoo Ranger, sometimes served on AA.
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old May 5, 2019, 11:54 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mikebg
On BA164 now in F and I had a taste of the Brewdog Aircraft beer. Definitely not my cup of tea! Much too sour for my liking. Fortunately I downgraded to Tribute, which I always enjoy. I guess it’s one of those things you either love or hate.
Originally Posted by AleTrail
I was waiting for this thread to appear.
Nothing available on way back from PHX in J last night, nothing in T5 but did manage to get a couple on the LHR-NCL hop back - no pun intended
As a someone who travels the world to appreciate beer I thought this was an excellent modern style Pale Ale, I hope it becomes a regular offering.
It's certainly not sour, try a real spontaneously fermented beer from a brewery like Cantillon or BrewDog's very own excellent OverWorks brewery for that flavour profile.

For the record my favourite airline beer is Voodoo Ranger, sometimes served on AA.
1) Taste is indeed subjective, but I guess when you have a mass market, you try to aim to please the majority..
2) Currently not intended to be available in Lounges
3) I haven't seen Voodoo Ranger for awhile for the reasons mentioned below:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30087296-post1.html

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30087348-post3.html

Last edited by teemuflyer; May 5, 2019 at 12:01 pm
Old May 5, 2019, 2:46 pm

No longer. Now replaced by Goose IPA..
Old May 5, 2019, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by sunshinebob
It seems I may have to pay for it to try it. Hardly as advertised but prepared to invest four and a half quid to try it on route to Malaga in about a hour
Had it and its a but meh.. More Citrusy and kind reminded me of an IPA mixed with a fizzy grapfruit something. IPA Alchopop thing , neither one thing nore another.

Not bad but wont pay 4.45 for another...

Last edited by sunshinebob; May 5, 2019 at 3:00 pm
Old May 6, 2019, 10:12 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
but did manage to get a couple on the LHR-NCL hop back - no pun intended

It's certainly not sour,
Glad it wasn't sour as the Overworks brew isn't on European routes.
Old May 6, 2019, 3:18 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond Amb
Travelling in F, no Speedbird 100 or Air Craft loaded on the BA246 back from So Paulo yesterday. The CSD went and checked all the bars on the plane... was a shame as I was particularly looking forward to trying the sour. He did mention that he'd seen some internal comms about it not being loaded on all flights until the middle of the month - but was a little vague.
Old May 6, 2019, 4:12 pm

Programs: BAEC
Plenty or at least a fair few available in Y on BA213 to Boston yesterday. Got to try it.
Would still have it over any other lager but too close to Punk IPA for my liking, which Ive gone off of.
Old May 7, 2019, 8:16 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
I managed to get a can on 1st flying to Malta. Was told that it was BoB only and so had to be paid for in CE. So I paid as I really wanted to try it. Then on the return, was told it was free in CE. Seems like BA don't really know. I'm going to raise an enquiry with BA directly and see what they say.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.