Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Hong Kong or Tokyo as a hub to fly around Asia with Avios

Hong Kong or Tokyo as a hub to fly around Asia with Avios

Old Apr 7, 2019, 3:03 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
Originally Posted by lsquare
If flying out of KUL with MH, which lounge is the best to use with Priority Pass? Disappointing that Haneda doesn't have any Priority Pass lounges.
If I recall correctly, there is only one Priority Pass pass lounge, the Plaza Premium, in the MH terminal(Terminal 1?) and it is in the satellite section of the terminal which is a pain if you are departing from the main part as you have to get a train there and back. The lounge was crowded with just OK food when I was there in February, definitely a very average lounge.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by Enigma368
If I recall correctly, there is only one Priority Pass pass lounge, the Plaza Premium, in the MH terminal(Terminal 1?) and it is in the satellite section of the terminal which is a pain if you are departing from the main part as you have to get a train there and back. The lounge was crowded with just OK food when I was there in February, definitely a very average lounge.
https://www.prioritypass.com/en/lounges/japan/tokyo

I don't see anything under Tokyo except for Narita.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 9:19 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
https://www.prioritypass.com/en/lounges/japan/tokyo

I don't see anything under Tokyo except for Narita.
I was answering your question about priority pass in KUL. I believe there is only one PP lounge in KUL Terminal 1(KLIA) and from personal experience I can say that it is just OK, nothing special.
lsquare likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 11:37 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, ALL Gold
Ok, I got time to figure things out, but let's say I want to spend all of my time in SE Asia, what's the most cost effective way in miles or points to get to KUL from the west coast of the US?

Thanks a lot guys. I love FT!!!
Not the most cost effective but probably one of most enjoyable would be SFO-HND or LAX-NRT on JAL F, bookable with 100,000 Avios each way. From Japan to Malaysia it's cheaper to go through HKG, so HND-HKG-KUL instead of direct NRT-KUL due to the way BA bands work. The former is 40,000 Avios while the latter is 60,000 (for business class).

With JAL's change to opening up awards 360 days in advance, BAEC members can easily get F awards nowadays.
lsquare likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.