25% Avios bonus for TopCashBack payout

Old Apr 2, 2019, 11:19 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by Deltus
There's also the subjective emotional angle, where I like to think of TCB credit as a sort of discretionary bonus. I'd rather spend that on fun things like premium travel than letting it merge into my bank account or Amazon credit, where it would probably end up spent on batteries or USB cables...
Ultimately my Avios balance is such that I often end up redeeming some points for hotel stays, etc. which gives about 0.5p per point value. So buying at 0.8p doesn't work for me.

However a 10% discount on USB cables that I would otherwise be paying cash for at full price, is a legitimate saving.

I do understand that most people will be on the other side of this fence, however.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 3:05 am

Originally Posted by Wozza2404
Ah sorry - yeah it's not a direct route. That virtual mastercard is often bumped to 10% bonus, so I take that and buy Amazon vouchers.

Avios is a personal thing. For me, I tend to earn more than I can spend, so it doesn't make sense to take them from TCB. However if someone is struggling to get enough together for a redemption they'd likely jump at the chance to 'buy' them at 0.8p. Very subjective topic, this one.
Thanks for pointing out what should have been obvious. Sometimes you can't see the forest for all the trees ...

I am with you on earning more Avios than I can spend, although in my case it's more that sometimes I go for a cash ticket over a redemption because I need the TPs.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 3:43 am

Programs: BA GGL IHG PlatAMB HH Dia
My Account says that I can cash out my Accorhotels cashback only via direct payment and not for Avios or Paypal. Is this true and are there Otter possibilities?
Old Jun 2, 2019, 3:49 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by denkigroove
My Account says that I can cash out my Accorhotels cashback only via direct payment and not for Avios or Paypal. Is this true and are there Otter possibilities?
There's a few retailers on there that will only allow certain payment methods unfortunately.
i.e. Ice Lolly won't let you payout as Avios

You pretty much have to take the cash payment with some of them, or split your payment so that any retailers that will payout via your chosen method do so.
Always wise checking beforehand if a certain conversion is why you used the site.....but then again, something is better than nothing.

Accor does mention in the small print, under "good to know", they they pay by BACS only.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 4:43 am

Programs: BA Blue, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Did anyone actually receive the 25% bonus? I got 5%, raised a ticket and was first told it was a known issue and the remainder would be transferred in a few days. That didn’t happen and I was then credited with the equivalent “cash” into my Topcashback account.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 4:53 am

Programs: BA Nada, HH Diamond, IHG Spire AMB, Marriott Plat, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by notakeenflyer
Did anyone actually receive the 25% bonus? I got 5%, raised a ticket and was first told it was a known issue and the remainder would be transferred in a few days. That didnt happen and I was then credited with the equivalent cash into my Topcashback account.
Yep, managed quite a few transfers. Offer expired now though.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 12:54 pm

25% Avios bonus is back for this week only.
Gastrocnemius and Deltus like this.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 12:08 pm

And another 25% Avios payout bonus from today until 15th of December.
shelly67 and Deltus like this.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 10:41 am

**EDITED** Resolved..... found surname wasn't registered in my main profile so all sorted now.
I've just tried to cash out to avios with the bonus for the first time (added BAEC details some time ago) but the cash out page shows NA next to surname and when I try to submit it says it cannot process without surnane. If I go into my profile and payout options to edit BAEC details then the only info to edit is the BAEC number.... no place to enter surname. Anyone any ideas?

Last edited by shelly67; Nov 2, 2019 at 11:06 am
Old Nov 24, 2019, 11:28 pm

Programs: BA Nada, HH Diamond, IHG Spire AMB, Marriott Plat, Accor Gold
Is anyone else seeing a delay for Avios payouts?
Old Nov 25, 2019, 12:09 am

Programs: BA Gold, several other less interesting cards...
What is the rate for TCB to Avios?
Old Nov 25, 2019, 2:39 am

Originally Posted by strickers
Yes - my payout has taken over a week so far, not worried yet though as this seems in keeping with the general delays I've been seeing in posting from estore, flights etc into my account recently.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 2:54 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by strickers
I'm seeing a delay for everything on TCB at the moment. Don't know if it's just my account, but even Heathrow Parking transactions which are normally really quick to post, are backing up to the start of October.. that's very unusual.
Old May 22, 2021, 6:51 am

Reviving old thread. Haven't seen Avios payout bonus for quite a while, but now it seems to be possible to earn cashback from BA flights and holidays
https://www.topcashback.co.uk/british-airways/
lcylocal and Newbtravelle like this.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 2:12 am

Programs: BA Gold
These 25% Avios bonuses used to be semi regular, one or twice a year. Last was November 2019, just before the pandemic - anyone think these transfer bonuses will return? Sitting on a nice sum in Topcashback, and debating keeping it there!
pazza2000 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.