Wiki Posts
Search

LHR Parking (T5)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2019, 4:05 am
Original Poster

LHR Parking (T5)

Hi Folks,

Having secured LHR - JNB CW tickets at a great price we are off to SA in 10 days time.

Question: Is there a way to get LHR (T5) parking cheaper? This is the pricing that is currently showing:
Long Stay - £159.40
Short Stay - £197.20

I have considered hotel parking but would rather park at LHR. Any tips/help greatly appreciated.
Many thanks.

Mods - if this needs to be moved somewhere else please feel free, thanks.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 4:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
deleted
Old Apr 1, 2019, 4:12 am
gms

Programs: BA Gold / GfL, Hilton Diamond
You can usually get 7.5% cashback on the official Heathrow parking through Quidco. But given your timeframe and if you only want to use the official Heathrow parking then you probably won't get a better deal on the basic price (since they also claim "no-one sells our parking cheaper than us" you probably won't find the official parking cheaper on other sites).
MasterP0 likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 4:16 am

Programs: BA Gold
https://www.goodtogoparking.com/ is a (sometimes) low cost way to book proper Heathrow parking. To be clear in my experience this is always the proper long term car park, just a different portal to booking it.

Just to add that Business T3 and Long term T5 have only a fence and at the front a small kerb separating them. So if you ever do out of one into the other and need to park this is the way to go. All the bus drivers know people do it and don't seem to care, if indeed it does break some silly rule.

Most of these parking sites can be access through cash back sites for additional savings.

Last edited by dougzz; Apr 1, 2019 at 4:18 am Reason: Additional Info.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 5:07 am

How long are you going for? I tend to find T5 long stay is consistently good value compared with alternatives if you book ahead,

Some hotels do deals for a room with holiday parking if you need to travel the night before (unlikely for SA) but when I checked prices before our recent trip they were more expensive anyway.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 5:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by windowontheAside
How long are you going for? I tend to find T5 long stay is consistently good value compared with alternatives if you book ahead,

Some hotels do deals for a room with holiday parking if you need to travel the night before (unlikely for SA) but when I checked prices before our recent trip they were more expensive anyway.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. We are going for 2 weeks. 11 - 27 April.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 5:52 am

Programs: Hotels.com Gold, BA Exec, 1M Green Sheild Stamps
Try the link on Martin Lewis' website - You can get some good discounts on there.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/tr...rport-parking/

Links towards the bottom of the page.
MasterP0 likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 6:01 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Gold
In my experience Good to Go is substantially cheaper than the other options. You must, however, be away over a weekend. As stated above it is just a different booking portal to the normal Long Term Parking, which is where you actually park, as opposed to a different car park itself. I always use it when flying from LHR.
IntVic and MasterP0 like this.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 6:04 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
I too use GoodToGo, which is operated by HAL, so reliable and secure.

Their Meet & Greet service is brilliant, and consistently cheaper than any of the other companies operating at the airport.

M
MasterP0 likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 6:33 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
I too use GoodToGo, which is operated by HAL, so reliable and secure.

Their Meet & Greet service is brilliant, and consistently cheaper than any of the other companies operating at the airport.

M
I've used it two or three times, as I rarely drive to the airport, and same - cheaper and excellent service.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 6:41 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Another user of GoodToGo here, they have always been the cheapest available for me and it takes away the worry of somebody parking it off site.
GCab likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 6:53 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
I have been trying to get Pod Parking for 8 - 17 April and it just offers me everything but. I have been trying since January at odd times and it is still the same, Does anyone know why? Are they doing work in there or something?
Old Apr 1, 2019, 7:00 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
The T2/3 Business parking is right next to the T5 long stay - you can literally walk between them in the middle - and it is quite possible to book the T2/3 parking and take the T5 bus.

Often the T2/3 parking is far cheaper than the T5 parking, especially around holiday periods.
GCab and MasterP0 like this.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 8:41 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
You can try JustPark and reserve parking space at Marriott on Bath Road or Holiday Inn Ariel. Then you can take free bus to airport. Actually, you could get hotel room + parking for 15 days cheaper than £159 (of course, depends on the availability). I paid £79 for 3 weeks at GoodToGo website but it was off-season. Your dates seem to be during Easter and school holiday time.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 8:56 am
gms

Programs: BA Gold / GfL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
I have been trying to get Pod Parking for 8 - 17 April and it just offers me everything but. I have been trying since January at odd times and it is still the same, Does anyone know why? Are they doing work in there or something?
I've noticed that if your stay is over 7 days Pod Parking seems to disappear from the options. I guess they are trying to keep a steady flow of customers through Pod Parking and pushing longer-stay customers to the other car parks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.