Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LHR Parking (T5)

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2019, 7:43 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by IntVic
Sadly it appears that goodtogo no longer allows cheaper booking in T5 long stay, tried to book and then read on the website "Sorry! Park & Ride is no longer available to purchase." Such a shame, I suspect management realised they were losing out on income.
Well that is annoying, It was on my list of thing so to do today to book parking for an upcoming trip. Interestingly it seems (for my dates at least) as though even with these "enhancements" GoodToGo is cheaper than the alternatives:

For my dates, travelsupermarket.com gives the cheapest as Purple Parking T5 Park & Ride at £74.95 whilst GoodToGo T5 Drop & Ride (not showing on travelsupermarket.com so going direct) is coming to £67.50.
Old May 20, 2019, 8:30 am

Programs: BA Gold, AccorLL Gold
"GoodToGo Drop & Ride" seems to be integrated into the parking search results on heathrow.com now, maybe this reflects them being more closely integrated internally?

The driving directions they give are to a reception area on the south perimeter near T4, has their product changed to collect everyone there and then put cars in whatever slack they have in the various car parks?

I have used drop & ride products like this before, it can feel a bit odd handing over the keys, but look on the bright side: they are one less thing to lose on a trip away
Old May 20, 2019, 10:05 am

Programs: OWS - AA Lifetime Platinum, BA nobody (blue)
Originally Posted by FlyingGarden
Last used the Hounslow West tube station parking, £5 a day just book through an app and hop on tube. Its outside free zone, but if lots of luggage the getting down to the platform may be a pain. Have found that when returning its nicer just getting the tube rather than hanging around for ages for the car park bus.
Take care using Hounslow West. At weekends there is a car-boot sale / market, which uses most of the car park. There is an annotated map in an earlier parking thread which is inaccurate. (I found this out the hard way.) If leaving your car over a weekend day, you have to follow the car park almost all the way round, through the obvious open gateway that divides the car park in two sections. If you intend to depart, and park, at a weekend, you need to enter the car park through the exit gates, and you may find it very difficult to find a space. My own fallback is to have registered on "park and tube" at Osterley as well, though I've not had to use it yet.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 5:01 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
A quick update to this, having just spoken to Good To Go.

They still offer the Drop & Ride service, but the Meet & Greet, and Park & Ride, have now gone - replaced by the direct services offered by Heathrow.

Now to be fair to Heathrow, the price I've found for parking on my dates, isn't too dissimilar, so perhaps they've reduced their prices in turn.

M
Old Jun 8, 2019, 5:32 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
My car is currently with GoodToGo using the only service available currently “Drop and Go”.

It was easy enough but I have to say that I preferred the old Park and Go service. Now you drop your car opposite the Heathrow Animal Centre and then you get driven in a VIP bus on demand to your terminal. To T3 it took about 20 minutes.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 9:46 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Has anyone parked at Hatton Cross tube station recently?

Need to park for a couple of days next week, and as I'm parking mid-week, I can't use goodtogo as usual as they require a Saturday night stay.
LHR T5 Long Stay is coming in at around £51, with the tube station being £13 a day, so pretty much half the price.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 9:51 am

Programs: BA Gold; MB Ti; HH Diamond; IHG Plat; RR Gold
Originally Posted by xenole

Need to park for a couple of days next week, and as I'm parking mid-week, I can't use goodtogo as usual as they require a Saturday night stay.
LHR T5 Long Stay is coming in at around £51, with the tube station being £13 a day, so pretty much half the price.
Have you considered Hounslow West rather than Hatton Cross? It's only one stop further, but it halves the cost again... and that station has 4x as many spaces. I've used it several times this year (in-place of Hatton Cross), works particularly well across a weekend (as long as you park in the right place, avoiding the market/car boot area)!
Cymro likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 10:05 am

Will be there Tues/Wed so no market issues I assume.

Sure it's been mentioned in one of my many LHR parking threads before but not sure where exactly, but £13 for a couple of days works well for me. More cash in my pocket
Used the same company that deals with payments near Salford Quays a couple of times recently without any issues.

No problem getting a spot at say 4-5am then?
Old Sep 30, 2019, 10:18 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Zero chance of being unable to park; but I'd make sure that the first tube is early enough for you. If it's not, there is a car park off High Street Harlington, between Bath Road and Heath Close (between the Sheraton and Holiday Inn Ariel hotels) which is only a fiver a day and which is served by the 24h buses from Bath Road. It is also used to store rental cars, so there's no guarantee of a space, although I've always managed to use it.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by Cymro
Zero chance of being unable to park; but I'd make sure that the first tube is early enough for you. If it's not, there is a car park off High Street Harlington, between Bath Road and Heath Close (between the Sheraton and Holiday Inn Ariel hotels) which is only a fiver a day and which is served by the 24h buses from Bath Road. It is also used to store rental cars, so there's no guarantee of a space, although I've always managed to use it.
Tube seems to run from 5am, so unless it's broken again, or the drivers are on strike for whatever reason, there shouldn't be an issue.
Allowing myself plenty of time as flight not until 8am or so...…prefer being really early.
Buses seems reasonably frequent as well if push comes to shove.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 10:37 am

Programs: BA Gold; MB Ti; HH Diamond; IHG Plat; RR Gold
Not at Hounslow, I parked on a weekday at 7:30am fully expecting to have to go elsewhere and it wasn't even half full!
Old Sep 30, 2019, 10:37 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
You'll be fine at Hounslow West then. Only issue might have been if you were on the super early flights (pre 7 a.m. - in fact pre-6.30 really).
Old Sep 30, 2019, 3:02 pm

Maybe also check out this thread:

T5 short stay parking question

It's unlikely to get close to £13 per day, even so.
Old Oct 19, 2019, 7:13 pm

Well, parked my car in West Hounslow tube station car park.
The entrance was easy to find to the left of the station and plenty of signs on the fences mentioning that the part nearest the entrance would be used for a weekend market
Parked in the second half near the exit.

Entered at 4:10am on Thursday and exited about 9:50pm Saturday.
Did think weekends were free but got charged £19.50 (3 X £6.50 up to 4:30am on Sunday).

You can pay in advance using an app or using the payment machines (that are round the corner from the entrance rather than by the exit. Took me a while to find these). Pressing the minus sign increases the days you want to pay for rather than reducing them.

Took a little bit of effort finding it as my phone provider, 3, had an outage when I was in the M25 area. Did go up Bath Road after heading towards T3 and eventually found it.

£1.50 each way on the tube (naturally tonight having to do ait near 20mins for a train at T3).

Half the price in the end of LHR parking although maybe a little more driving to and from the motorway network.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 12:22 am

Anyone got any ideas at present if it would be possible to find somewhere to park at Hounslow West tube station at say 2pm on Tuesday?
Looking at driving down, with an overnight stay before a flight, and favour this option over official parking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.