LHR Parking (T5)

Old Apr 1, 2019, 9:16 am

If you have any Heathrow Reward points you can transfer multiples of 500 points into 10 vouchers for official Heathrow parking which I think is good value use of these points.
IntVic and MasterP0 like this.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 4:29 am

Programs: BAEC OW Gold/Emerald
Thanks all. This discussion has saved me over 60 on upcoming parking at Heathrow .
  • Now I know I will park in T5 long stay as near as I can to the exit and walk into T2/T3 Business parking.
  • Cancelled a booking I had for a full refund and used Heathrow Rewards to knock a tenner off in rebooking the same parking.
  • Now using GoodToGo to book my long stay car parking.
  • Only real difference that I can see between GoodToGo and Heathrow's official parking website (apart from the price) is that GoodToGo has to be cancelled within 14 days of booking after which it becomes non-refundable. Whereas Heathrow's official website is midnight the day before.
lavar56 likes this.

Last edited by IntVic; Apr 2, 2019 at 5:34 am Reason: correction
Old Apr 2, 2019, 4:32 am

I wouldn't rely on this, but the only time I've ever cancelled a Heathrow website Long stay T5 booking on the same day (my car broke a wheel!) I got a full refund. Didn't expect that as per t&cs so was very pleased.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 6:50 am

Programs: BAEC Silver (but only temporarily) AVIS Presidents Club, Starbucks Gold
Depending on where you live in terms of proximity to the aiport, might be cheaper to take a taxi (Uber). Like I say it's all about proximity so maybe this idea is in vain in which case apologies. I have in the past used a taxi where parking for the length of time I've been away is more expensive.
ML
Old Apr 2, 2019, 7:14 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by windowontheAside
I wouldn't rely on this, but the only time I've ever cancelled a Heathrow website Long stay T5 booking on the same day (my car broke a wheel!) I got a full refund. Didn't expect that as per t&cs so was very pleased.
They do seem to do this on a case by case basis. I got a refund on the day of the IT fiasco without any arguments.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 7:20 am

Programs: BA Nada, HH Diamond, IHG Spire AMB, Marriott Plat, Accor Gold
Have a look also at the NCP Hilton T5 but booked via the NCP website. Yes it involves a bus ride but you can wait inside the hotel and it includes Hoppa tickets which are picked up from reception.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 7:51 am

Programs: BA
A simple but often effective game i have played in the past is parking in a different terminal. Last year it was 70 cheaper for me to park in T3 and then just get the underground tube (free) to Terminal 5 which i was flying from - If you don't find anything more concrete this can always help save a few
Old Apr 2, 2019, 9:57 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by gms
I've noticed that if your stay is over 7 days Pod Parking seems to disappear from the options. I guess they are trying to keep a steady flow of customers through Pod Parking and pushing longer-stay customers to the other car parks.
Indeed that may be - however I decided to try the dates and it is shown as "Sold Out" - I tried some random dates in June and you are right about 7 nights. However when I tried 6 nights, it came up as a very expensive option and was 20 dearer than Short Term.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 10:23 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Mountlodge
Depending on where you live in terms of proximity to the aiport, might be cheaper to take a taxi (Uber). Like I say it's all about proximity so maybe this idea is in vain in which case apologies. I have in the past used a taxi where parking for the length of time I've been away is more expensive.
ML
FWIW (probably not very much), I can usually rely on an Uber between LHR and SW3 being around 40 outside of surge, and sometimes as low as 35.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 11:45 am
Original Poster

Amazing feedback. Thank you so much for your hints & tips....going to go try getting this cheap parking, much appreciated!

Someone mentioned "meet & greet"....I am SO scared of handing my car keys to some "random" & I have visions of them dumping my car on some random unsecured field - the TV reports I've seen don't help!
Old Apr 2, 2019, 1:41 pm

Programs: BAEC
Last used the Hounslow West tube station parking, 5 a day just book through an app and hop on tube. Its outside free zone, but if lots of luggage the getting down to the platform may be a pain. Have found that when returning its nicer just getting the tube rather than hanging around for ages for the car park bus.

Otherwise I'd recommend the hotel the night before and parking. Check if the hotel is in the free bus zone (basically those on bath road), as can save paying the 5 hoppa fare and just get a regular bus to the terminal you want
Old Apr 2, 2019, 2:57 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by ard9719
A simple but often effective game i have played in the past is parking in a different terminal. Last year it was 70 cheaper for me to park in T3 and then just get the underground tube (free) to Terminal 5 which i was flying from - If you don't find anything more concrete this can always help save a few
But as said here and on many previous threads. If this is T3 business just walk to T5 long term and get the courtesy bus direct. T3 business is immediately east of T5 Long term, so the western end of the T3 business car park is the eastern end of the T5 long term car park. If you park at the appropriate end of the respective car park your walk to the courtesy bus is very simple. There's no fence or messing about, it's a simple kerb to separate the 2 car parks. This thread has all the info you'll need LHR Parking options: outbound T5, return T2 or T3 [and vice versa].
Old Apr 2, 2019, 3:39 pm

I've never seen T3 business cheaper than T5 long stay though. Normally T3 long stay is cheaper than the T5 equivalent but that does involve faffing around.

I've done the T5 long stay to T3 business car park switch a few times now and can confirm it's very easy. Just head for Zone E in both.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 6:23 am

Programs: BA
Something i must admit i never really thought about doing so thank you! Learn something new every-day
Old May 20, 2019, 7:22 am

Programs: BAEC OW Gold/Emerald
Originally Posted by wilsnunn
Another user of GoodToGo here, they have always been the cheapest available for me and it takes away the worry of somebody parking it off site.
Sadly it appears that goodtogo no longer allows cheaper booking in T5 long stay, tried to book and then read on the website "Sorry! Park & Ride is no longer available to purchase." Such a shame, I suspect management realised they were losing out on income.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.