Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Taxes etc different on Peak and Off Peak dates?

Old Mar 31, 19, 3:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, Accor LeClub Gold

I am slightly confused here, I had been looking at rewardflightfinder.com for flights and was looking at the "Taxes" section at the top of the page to gauge how much the route would be. Then I looked on the BA.com "Reward flight calculator" page and noticed that the taxes price given on reward flight finder were the same as on rewardflightfinder.com for Off Peak dates but different for Peak dates. I then went to actually book and noticed that the taxes were always the Peak price (plus/minus some fluctuation).

As an example, consider a one way redemption in CW to AUH.

on rewardflightfinder.com:

on BA.com's Reward flight calculator:

When booking:

I know that I should probably just ignore it (less than £20 in this case), but it seemed odd to have such an error on rewardflightfinder.com and on the Reward flight calculator and made me wonder if I am missing something here?
Old Mar 31, 19, 7:03 pm
LPQ

Programs: TG G 18 years
Have you explored the breakdown of the taxes and fees to see where the variation occurs? It might be that the taxes are the same but the carriers charges vary between peak and off peak.
Old Mar 31, 19, 10:40 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
I been told before that the reward flight calcilator doesn’t show an accurate presentation of the taxes when I queried it with Exec Club previously.
Old Apr 8, 19, 2:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by gcuk View Post
I been told before that the reward flight calcilator doesn’t show an accurate presentation of the taxes when I queried it with Exec Club previously.
Indeed: If you want to see what the TFC are, always go through to a firm price quote for specific flights. Any display of TFC before that point should be regarded as an estimate and/or suspect.