Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New Avios Members are unable to enroll in the double avios promotions

Old Apr 15, 2019, 10:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HH Gold, AA Lifetime Gold, United Silver, BA Gold

A friend and his wife created 2 accounts (as they normally fly AA) and so never had any BA Avios Account.
They are both US based.
After creating accounts, they could see the double avios offer in their account, but when trying to enroll, they get an error message that the enrollment was unsuccessful and they are not eligible. I checked the eligibility and all it says is that you should be 18+.
They called BA Support and someone from India answered the call and she saw the promotion in the account as well, but when trying to register got the exact same message as above. She logged a ticket with the technical team but with time running out (enrollment and reservation closes 19th April, they are worried if the issue will be resolved before then)
To check, I created a dummy account to see if I can enroll and I had the same experience.

Is this promotion not available to new accounts? The Terms and Conditions do not state any such thing.

Last edited by DFWsakp; Apr 15, 2019 at 10:35 am Reason: Grammar corrections
Old Apr 15, 2019, 10:42 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
I suspect they've just come up against BA's legendary IT systems.

Non members are specifically encouraged to join and if you look here: https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...00-bonus-avios you will see the following (bolding mine)

Not an Executive Club Member?

You can still take advantage of this great offer by joining the British Airways Executive Club as a new Member. It's free to join and the benefits start straight away. Simply fill in and submit the form using the dedicated link below. You will then be automatically registered for this offer and all you need to do is book between 21 March and 19 April 2019 and fly by 31 December 2019 to collect double Avios on your flights.
I don't know if you have to use this link specifically, or if other registration methods would also automatically register them. But if they did, it could explain the error?

Hopefully they are not in some half way limbo of registration but with BA's rep for IT, I wouldn't rule it out
Old Apr 15, 2019, 10:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HH Gold, AA Lifetime Gold, United Silver, BA Gold
My friends did not use the link, but when I created the dummy account, I used the exact same link and ensured that the Promo Code: DAWW19 is populated in the same.
But, I had the same problem when trying to enroll (normally it should say that you have already enrolled, if you try to enroll again) and so I know my enrollment did not go thru.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 11:03 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
Yes, that's the error I would have expected (I've previously had the same) if you tried to enrol again.

I'm just wondering if it may be some sort of batch process or similar at work which has not yet completed, or some difference in the error for accounts which were auto enrolled vs existing new accounts?

Of course, it may just be a general failure But I can't see anything in T&Cs specifically preventing new members, can only suggest they keep trying and hope it 'sticks', or that they get a timely response confirming their enrolment.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.