Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New First soft product: your experiences

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2019, 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by david55
Curious...is there anything one could do to create a better environment in a situation like annoying inconsiderate passengers? Could you ask the FA to ask them to not block the aisle or something?
If passengers are having a loud conversation, I like to ask them to take it outside!

rb211.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 6:54 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by BenSenise

now the thing that was really bad about this flight was the passengers. there was a couple with two teenage kids that felt that the cabin was their private lounge. the F cabin in the 747 is not spacious and it is very annoying to have people milling about the space between rows 2 and 3, having loud conversations with other family members, and their low hanging trousers with their underwear hanging out effectively right in your face. extremely inconsiderate to everyone else. there were two other teens in the cabin and their behaviour was impeccable.
In my experience, First attract the most inconsiderate bunch of passengers. 8 of the worst flights I have ever had in my life were all in F (and all happened to be on BA), and every single one of them was due to other passengers behaving inconsiderately and they did not even respond to crew intervention. They were so bad that I asked to be downgraded to Y, but unfortunately had no luck as even jumpseats were all taken.

Because F cabins are always small, it's very difficult to get away from nuisance passengers.

Sadly, no matter what improvement is made to hard and soft products, if passengers behave horribly and inconsiderately, it will continue to affect the comfort of others.

Still, any improvements in hard/soft products lessen the pain inflicted by other passengers' conduct and are very welcome, and from what's been posted so far, I think the new soft products look great
Old Apr 6, 2019, 12:15 am

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
So, important question

How do the new S/M/L (Male) pyjama sizes compare to the old M/L? Any experience gratefully accepted to help me make this crucial decision...I wore the smaller size of the old PJs.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 1:11 am

Originally Posted by Oaxaca
So, important question

How do the new S/M/L (Male) pyjama sizes compare to the old M/L? Any experience gratefully accepted to help me make this crucial decision...I wore the smaller size of the old PJs.
I have a couple of sets of the old... in SMALL size, so I'm not sure what your question is really asking, or what you are really stating that you wore!

rb211.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 1:40 am

Programs: AVIS presidents club, BA GGL, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite
I just experienced the new First soft product this week on the way to Miami. I think the new bedding is lovely I have to say. I had a great sleep in it. The new crockery is nice, I like the pyjamas. Not fussed about the washbag. I like the fact that the champagne is now served in a stemmed glass. Headphones are better as they now come in a case, however, I still use my Bose headphones.
All in all, I thought it was really nice and added to the First experience. Only let down was the cabin crew running around like headless chickens as they hadn’t used the new stuff before.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 1:57 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Buddy dining is still possible, we have changed how we lay the tables up slightly.
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
I’m trying to visualise the size of the table on the B747/B777s, and I can’t picture it being significantly shorter than the A380’s, if at all.

Thank you both!
Old Apr 6, 2019, 2:28 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, UA Premier Gold, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Various Rental Car Statuses
Originally Posted by highexpectations
I just experienced the new First soft product this week on the way to Miami. I think the new bedding is lovely I have to say. I had a great sleep in it. The new crockery is nice, I like the pyjamas. Not fussed about the washbag. I like the fact that the champagne is now served in a stemmed glass. Headphones are better as they now come in a case, however, I still use my Bose headphones.
All in all, I thought it was really nice and added to the First experience. Only let down was the cabin crew running around like headless chickens as they hadn’t used the new stuff before.
weren't stemmed glasses always used in F?
Old Apr 6, 2019, 2:32 am

Originally Posted by MTJ Bound

weren't stemmed glasses always used in F?
Yes, should have been. The glasses are new however
Old Apr 6, 2019, 2:51 am

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Originally Posted by RB211
I have a couple of sets of the old... in SMALL size, so I'm not sure what your question is really asking, or what you are really stating that you wore!

rb211.
I don't know when yours are from, but in many flights over the last few years, I've only ever been offered 2 choices, Medium or Large. I don't keep most of them, but the Medium ones I still have just have Medium on the label (well, just M), not small/medium.

I will find out for myself shortly, but feedback from anyone who has experienced the old and new would be useful, if not exactly life and death
Old Apr 6, 2019, 3:26 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
In my experience, First attract the most inconsiderate bunch of passengers. 8 of the worst flights I have ever had in my life were all in F (and all happened to be on BA), and every single one of them was due to other passengers behaving inconsiderately and they did not even respond to crew intervention. They were so bad that I asked to be downgraded to Y, but unfortunately had no luck as even jumpseats were all taken.

Because F cabins are always small, it's very difficult to get away from nuisance passengers.

Sadly, no matter what improvement is made to hard and soft products, if passengers behave horribly and inconsiderately, it will continue to affect the comfort of others.

Still, any improvements in hard/soft products lessen the pain inflicted by other passengers' conduct and are very welcome, and from what's been posted so far, I think the new soft products look great
This is not unique to BA by any means and exists to the same or even a greater extent on both US and Middle Eastern carriers, but yes, absolutely. Part of the reason I enjoy JL/CX/choose other Far Eastern F so much is that the other passengers don’t seem to actively try to be as obnoxious as possible.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 6:57 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by TravelManBiz
... Just a question. Why don’t BA have a Kaviar service in F? I have flown a few times to Asia in F with Star Alliance and they all serve Kaviar.
In all seriousness, I really do not like the stuff. My wife loves it and would eat a bucket full given the chance. I also do not care for Dom so rather glad that also doesn’t make any appearances on BA. I believe a caviar service is (or at least has been) offered on Mosco flights and you will find sprinkles of it on some appetisers and canapés but other than that I suspect the reason it is not offered systemwide is because of cost.
Well, good news for you; not so much for me. A little bird tells me that a caviar service was offered on some flight to the Middle East this week! I'll ask the 'little bird' if I can share his photograph of said devil's spawn delicacy - if he doesn't post it here himself.
TravelManBiz likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 8:07 am

Well, good news for you; not so much for me. A little bird tells me that a caviar service was offered on some flight to the Middle East this week! I'll ask the 'little bird' if I can share his photograph of said devil's spawn delicacy - if he doesn't post it here himself.
Great news if BA starting a Caviar service But I guess I am out of luck since I am going to PHL in BA F and not DXB... Hopefully all BA flights will have Caviar in the future.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
I cannot see any menu to the Middle East menu with caviar.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 9:00 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Can I help you
I cannot see any menu to the Middle East menu with caviar.
I might have put 2+2 together, I saw a photograph that definitely had caviar in it, dressed on a BA plate - from what you say it appears the caviar must have been self-catered - what a relief
Old Apr 6, 2019, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Yes it would have been self catered.
wrp96 and Tobias-UK like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.