Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New First soft product: your experiences

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2019, 9:20 am

Programs: BAEC Gold | Hilton Honors Platinum
Looks great.

However i'm disappointed to see (it would appear at least) that the eye masks from the old F washbags have been retained! Very limited utility for the larger-faced humans on board. So will still have to travel with my (far superior) BA J eyemask that is now starting to look a little tatty...

Have LHR - PVG F coming up later in the month, looking forward to the rest of the new service!
Old Apr 4, 2019, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Originally Posted by david55
We are flying out this weekend from Seattle to Greece in F to celebrate my husband's 75th birthday. While we are not flying on his actual birthday ( it's a few days later)...is there any point in telling YouFirst or even the cabin crew about this special occasion...of course keeping expectations low.
Absolutely, have a quiet word with one of them.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 9:28 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold
If in doubt, have the Charlotte, then the cheese. Wow.

RoyalSwazi and alex67500 like this.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 10:07 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by DrBenO
Looks great.

However i'm disappointed to see (it would appear at least) that the eye masks from the old F washbags have been retained! Very limited utility for the larger-faced humans on board. So will still have to travel with my (far superior) BA J eyemask that is now starting to look a little tatty...

Have LHR - PVG F coming up later in the month, looking forward to the rest of the new service!
No. The eye mask in the new amenity bag is new, and very comfortable it is too. It is bigger (at least in the men's bag) and very soft, you hardly realise you are wearing it.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by TheFlyingCyclist
If in doubt, have the Charlotte, then the cheese. Wow.

Lovely, thanks for sharing. Any views on starter and mains?
Old Apr 4, 2019, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you
Just pointing out the picture above shows clearly where the manual window controls are located, it is to the right of the feet.
Thank you!

rb211.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 1:14 pm
Suspended

As per the menu in post #1 of this thread.
BA85, 01 April 2019

Canapés

Seared Scallops

Vichyssoise

Seared Filet of Halibut
nldogbert, NoY, Sealink and 8 others like this.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 1:38 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Not sure if it is because of the new service items or the crew, but the food does look much more better plated than before.

Cheers!
LimaWhiskey likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 2:13 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Vichyssoise cold or hot?
Old Apr 4, 2019, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Normally cold but can be served hot as it is on BA.
RoyalSwazi likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 2:23 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Many thanks to those who have taken photos and posted their experiences so far ^
cosmo74 likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 3:37 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by BenSenise
As per the menu in post #1 of this thread.
BA85, 01 April 2019
Wow. This looks great. Thanks. I’d say that’s First class for plates of food. Surely these photos would silence some of the critics on here or at least welcome some praise where praise is due?!
Old Apr 4, 2019, 3:38 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Normally cold but can be served hot as it is on BA.
Brilliant, I would expect nothing else of BA, though one of my fellow Ambassadors is probably shrieking! My (French) mother always serves it hot.

The photos above do look very impressive I have to say, photos can be deceptive in both directions, but it gives the impression of being an upscale restaurant experience.
Wozza2404 and rockflyertalk like this.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 4:01 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by david55
We are flying out this weekend from Seattle to Greece in F to celebrate my husband's 75th birthday. While we are not flying on his actual birthday ( it's a few days later)...is there any point in telling YouFirst or even the cabin crew about this special occasion...of course keeping expectations low.
Definitely. We flew on 2 April and my birthday was 4 April. My partner mentioned it to one of the cabin crew during the initial drinks service/chit chat and towards the end of the flight appeared a cake and bottle of champagne... and an attempt at singing Happy Birthday! YMMV, not sure whether telling You First would help - can't harm.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 4:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave

The photos above do look very impressive I have to say, photos can be deceptive in both directions, but it gives the impression of being an upscale restaurant experience.
I have to agree it does look excellent. Certainly better than any flight in F I've ever had.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.