New First soft product: your experiences

Old Apr 2, 2019, 10:21 am

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Originally Posted by alex67500
I can only agree. Especially as it's a French word which literally means "Starter". I wish they used Plat de résistance, or the older Pièce de résistance
Hang on, although it was pointed out above that this is not American Airlines, I feel the need to remind you that this is not Air France either!

Let's just keep it simple with "Starters" and "Main courses", yeah? No need to go all continental about it...
Old Apr 2, 2019, 2:54 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Having delivered the new service I am very very impressed, I have to say BA have worked very hard to get things right and just a few teething problems which should be sorted out quickly.
CIHY is impressed? Job done, BA's product team can all go home and go on holiday now.
IAMORGAN likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Really, I don’t think so as the CW and WT plus services are still a mess.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by Can I help you
Really, I don’t think so as the CW and WT plus services are still a mess.
We can always rely on CIHY for an honest take on things. I salute you! ^

I also look forward to sampling the new F service/wares in May.

rb211.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 9:36 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Life Plat
Originally Posted by cosmo74
I'm a bit disappointed with the cocktail and mocktail list. Shame BA are relying on Ginger Ale for their "Classic Mule" cocktail when it should be made with ginger beer. It would be great to have some Fever Tree Ginger Beer on board, as this is lovely as a soft drink or mixed into a cocktail.
Agreed -- it's just not the same with ginger ale. Also, the menu says "with a squeeze of lemon" when it really should be lime. Someone should have Googled the recipe and stuck to the formula if they're going to call what they're making a "classic".
nancypants likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 10:05 pm

Programs: BA Silver
This new service sounds great, and thanks CIHY for providing collateral information.

My first First (ever) will be in early May on LHR-YVR. I have done a few J (CW) long-haul, so this trip will be interesting and amazing (I am sure...!)

I will try to provide some report and feedback for all others here.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 2:19 am

Programs: BA Gold
MOD's, there seem to be 2 threads discussing the new F offering now - this one and https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...ch-2019-a.html - could you perhaps merge them or close one of them off so that everything is discussed in one place?
Old Apr 3, 2019, 9:26 am

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
I have to say that you have to be a little realistic as to your expectations on board, but as a cocktail enthusiast I have to say that I really enjoyed the Classic Mule and Beachbound on my flight this last Sunday (and the crew told me that they couldn't yet make all of the cocktails on the menu as they didn't have all the ingredients loaded yet). Never mind if they're not 1000% authentic.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 2:18 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by alex67500
Especially as it's a French word which literally means "Starter".
No. It's a French word that literally means "entry."
Old Apr 3, 2019, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by BenSenise
No. It's a French word that literally means "entry."
You literally used literally literally! ^

rb211.
patsharp and TheJayHatch like this.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 3:10 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Got to experience the new changes from SFO to LHR. Some teething problems - no amenity kits were available, so Club World ones were used instead.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by startup_salary_servant
Got to experience the new changes from SFO to LHR. Some teething problems - no amenity kits were available, so Club World ones were used instead.
Apart from the downgrade on the amenity kits, how was it?

rb211.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 5:53 pm

Programs: QF, BA, VA
A few teething problems on BA16 and BA12 on the 3rd April No menus on BA16 and the changes took the crew by surprise. They did a good job though.

On BA12 there were no amenity kits, Club World kits were provided instead. The bedding feels softer the new cutlery and wine glasses are better. The crew is still learning the ropes but I think it is a better experience.

I think the changes are quite positive....and that red "beaker" appears to have gone!
Old Apr 4, 2019, 4:00 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold
Superb start to BA217 today; love the new menus (great posh-printing smell...), headphones, glassware, cushion and blanket. LPGS top-ups before departure too; never before has a broken toilet been celebrated so much. Amenity kit is nice inside but the outer material will pick up everything under the sun. Also not sure on the PJs without the First speedmarque - they seem a bit lacking, but less showy which is nice.

Old Apr 4, 2019, 4:24 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier des Internautes Amables; BAEC
Can see the fluff on the amenity bag! The Liberty ones were rather robust...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.