Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New First soft product: your experiences

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2019, 3:31 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Slightly off topic, but what's the etiquette about PJs? Are you supposed to leave them behind to be washed / reused? Would it be frowned upon to take them home to look smart at home?
Old Apr 2, 2019, 3:35 am

Programs: Star Gold, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, EY Silver
Originally Posted by alex67500
Slightly off topic, but what's the etiquette about PJs? Are you supposed to leave them behind to be washed / reused? Would it be frowned upon to take them home to look smart at home?
The PJ's are yours to do with them as you please. If you don't take them with you, they are supposed to be thrown away as they are not washed for reuse.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 5:36 am

Programs: BA Gold

Female wash bag and contents

Last edited by AlisonB84; Apr 2, 2019 at 5:44 am
Old Apr 2, 2019, 5:41 am

Programs: BA Silver (for now)
Originally Posted by gilfiom
As another gay, seconded. Can we save the outrage for something substantial, like Brunei or the lack of same-sex marriage in NI, for example.

Great review and pics so thank you. Looking forward to trying in my F in a couple of weeks time.
Fair point(s)
nancypants likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 6:03 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by UAuhoh
The PJ's are yours to do with them as you please. If you don't take them with you, they are supposed to be thrown away as they are not washed for reuse.
Quite. Save them for any future LH flights in Economy
Old Apr 2, 2019, 6:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Having delivered the new service I am very very impressed, I have to say BA have worked very hard to get things right and just a few teething problems which should be sorted out quickly.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 7:18 am

Programs: BAEC
Pity they can't spell Chamomile (tea) correctly
Old Apr 2, 2019, 8:18 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Mucci: Classe de la Luxe Eternelle
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Having delivered the new service I am very very impressed, I have to say BA have worked very hard to get things right and just a few teething problems which should be sorted out quickly.
Can I Help You, is there some element to the service we have not seen yet, such as a real upgrade in food quality or service style etc. that has impressed you? Or is it the cumulative effect of the new accessories (blankets, crockery) in general?

I ask as from the pics and input so far, it seems nice but not a huge change. I am really hoping to get excited by these improvements!
Old Apr 2, 2019, 8:25 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by babats
Pity they can't spell Chamomile (tea) correctly
BA use the same spelling as Twinings do: https://www.twinings.co.uk/tea/camomile-tea

Chamomile appears to be the American English spelling: https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/camomile

The misuse of entrée is the real irritation.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 8:26 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by AlisonB84
Female wash bag and contents
I'm disappointed that the folding brush has gone from the ladies bag as I found this really useful, much more so than the new mirror compact will be. I think the other products look like an improvement though. I actually think the new bag will be a useful size, i like the look of the Liberty ones, but have never managed to re-use them for anything else.
SaraJH likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by noFODplease
Can I Help You, is there some element to the service we have not seen yet, such as a real upgrade in food quality or service style etc. that has impressed you? Or is it the cumulative effect of the new accessories (blankets, crockery) in general?

I ask as from the pics and input so far, it seems nice but not a huge change. I am really hoping to get excited by these improvements!
Everything I have seen is an improvement including the food, I am really impressed.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 8:40 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by JAXBA
The misuse of entrée is the real irritation.
I can only agree. Especially as it's a French word which literally means "Starter". I wish they used Plat de résistance, or the older Pièce de résistance
clubeurope and george77300 like this.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 8:59 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / M-Life Gold / HH Diamond
Thanks very much for posting, I'd missed the news that the service was changing. The headphones look like an improvement, I can't make out the brand but did they sound better? The cocktails are a nice touch, and I like the idea of a selection of sides that they will serve with the main course.

What's the little box in the middle of your washbag picture? Earplugs or something else?

I'm not sorry to see the hard deo stick go, would be nice to have something useful for a trip like a full size roll on (QF First include a full size Rexona in their amenity kit for example).

Looking forward to trying all this in a couple of weeks time when I'm off to JFK ^
Old Apr 2, 2019, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think you will this being changed shortly as this has been brought up internally.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 9:41 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Husband and I trying the new F this weekend Sea-LHR. The only pre-flight bummer is that someone has grabbed 1A ( 1K still open) and I was hoping for a very front of the plane ride over. We have settled for 2A/K.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.