New First soft product: your experiences

Old Mar 31, 2019, 4:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL & GfL, HHons Diamond, Intercontinental Royal Ambassador, IHGSpire Elite, Kimpton Inner Circ
New First soft product: your experiences

Crew doing a great job on this morning’s 217 with all today’s changes. Overall I think BA have really tried,

Not sure about the velour cover for the male wash bag, just a tad camp. Material for new PJ not really that good. Nowhere near Quantas 5 years ago. Sorry if this post is a bit of a mess, FlyerTalk need a proper app, or I need to understand it better. Overall, crew great, Waterside, not so much but does that not sum up BA in a sentence? Anyway hope this is helpful.

NoY, colm, pjh981 and 31 others like this.

Last edited by SaturdayKid; Mar 31, 2019 at 4:20 am Reason: Disconnected text
Old Mar 31, 2019, 4:24 am

great post- thanks
RoyalSwazi likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 4:30 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
thanks for this--looks a step improved and that day blanket looks great! i always use mine and its been annoying to have to ask for it these days since it stopped being boarded at the seat.

cant wait to see the meal pics!
Old Mar 31, 2019, 4:33 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Yeah, thanks. Still not convinced by the neckline detail on the PJ tops - but next F not until October so have to wait a while to find out. Do the bottoms have pockets? Doesn't look like it.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 4:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL & GfL, HHons Diamond, Intercontinental Royal Ambassador, IHGSpire Elite, Kimpton Inner Circ
Sorry folks I really got the order of the images F**ked up. Very much a PICNIC situation (problem in chair, not in computer). Anyway, ongoing feedback from the flight, we are delayed, is crew doing an incredibly good job. Waterside could have done their homework better and really should be on some of these flights to understand the practical impacts of their theoretical changes.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 4:43 am
Original Poster

Not that I can find, TBH, PJ bottoms seem to be the old PJs dyed black. Slightly better drawstring. Top is slightly better but I will still be bringing my own sleepware in future. Now delayed from 11:00 to 12:10 because the aircon needs fixing.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 4:53 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SaturdayKid
Sorry folks I really got the order of the images F**ked up. Very much a PICNIC situation (problem in chair, not in computer). Anyway, ongoing feedback from the flight, we are delayed, is crew doing an incredibly good job. Waterside could have done their homework better and really should be on some of these flights to understand the practical impacts of their theoretical changes.
images are fine we get the idea!

how do you mean re the theoretical impacts?
Old Mar 31, 2019, 4:53 am

<quoted post>
Thanks for posting, looks like an improvement! I like that the towel now comes on a plate. Enjoy your delay with extra fizz!

(Please kindly consider not using phrases like “a tad camp” in a negative context.)[/left]

Last edited by Oxon Flyer; Mar 31, 2019 at 5:20 am Reason: No need to requote everything
Old Mar 31, 2019, 5:19 am

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond
How come the main courses are described as Entrée's?
Old Mar 31, 2019, 5:24 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Material for new PJ not really that good.
Can't really tell for the PJs, but the slippers seem to be of a material that attracts and shows all the bits.

BTW : a plea from the mods to everyone : please don't requote all the photos from the OP.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 5:29 am
Original Poster

Actually the slipper seem a bit of an improvement, at least there are two sizes now.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 5:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by VSLover
images are fine we get the idea!

how do you mean re the theoretical impacts?
As in Waterside planned things which look fine on paper without any understanding of how things might work in practice. Pretty standard for BA if the people writing the rules ever got out and understood the customer experience, or what happens when crew have to execute their ideas, the airline would improve exponentially.
VSLover, yabadoo and OldFruity like this.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 5:51 am
Original Poster

So does objectivity get overuled by political correctness?

“Please kindly consider not using phrases like “a tad camp” in a negative context” seriously? I was commentsting in the context of the wider audience. Apologies, I will no longer post anything to this board in case I offend your delicate sensbilities. Seeking a “no platform’ approach hurts minorities. One of my fondest memories is being at the Music Machine at a Tom Robinson gig in Camden in ‘79, 2,000 of us rejoycing in the chorus of “Sing if your Glad to be Gay” 90% of us were not but we had 100% loyalty with people who chose to define their own sexuality.

Stewie Mac, aristoph, NoY and 9 others like this.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 6:08 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, UA Premier Gold, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Various Rental Car Statuses
Originally Posted by Wapps68
Thanks for posting, looks like an improvement! I like that the towel now comes on a plate. Enjoy your delay with extra fizz!

(Please kindly consider not using phrases like “a tad camp” in a negative context.)
Seriously? Seemed like a perfectly reasonable expression (even though it makes no sense to a non-Brit).

Seems like some nice improvements around the edges but nothing major. It’s nice to have a non-sandwich option for the second meal but still fails to provide something that isn’t protein, dairy, or carb. Why BA can’t just offer a proper entree salad as a second meal on flights without a full second meal service is beyond me.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 6:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
I'm not quite sure some of us understand your criticism of Waterside. You do it a couple of times but havn't articulated any thing in particular.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.