New First soft product: your experiences

Old Apr 11, 2019, 12:36 am

Originally Posted by Welcome On Board

Not sure what you mean by ‘felt much more like MF’.

SFO is operated by WW.
There wasn't a single crew member over 40 working the F cabin.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 2:05 am

Has anybody flown on the LHR-JFK-LHR route yet with new products/menus?
Old Apr 11, 2019, 2:09 am

Programs: BA Gold
LHR-IAD Sat 6th April
IAD-LHR Wed 10th April

Both flights no pyjama bottoms loaded!

LHR-IAD afternoon tea not offered until 30 mins before landing and then not new style tier.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 3:59 am

Programs: CX DM/OWE, Marriott Platinum
I'll be doing this in June, will report back after. Really looking forward to it after reading this thread!
Sadly I had booked a 747 flight from LHR-JFK, but it seems they've swapped it to a 777 =(
Old Apr 11, 2019, 4:02 am

Originally Posted by sparkj
Sadly I had booked a 747 flight from LHR-JFK, but it seems they've swapped it to a 777 =(
I would say that is actually an upgrade

BA 777 F is a much less dense/cramped product.
Tobias-UK and Oaxaca like this.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by rossmacd
I would say that is actually an upgrade

BA 777 F is a much less dense/cramped product.
I would not agree. For some reason F on the 777 seems a poor relation to F elsewhere... even the 747. I know it is more dense on the 747, but somehow the experience there always seems a bit more F-like than on the 777. Service plays into this too, I feel.

rb211.
Vasco Pridat likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 12:43 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Can I help you
I cannot see any menu to the Middle East menu with caviar.

I was sure I recollected caviar on BA but as CIHY posted in this previous 3yo entry. It was probably because I was going to Moscow,
Does BA still serve caviar in F?

Caviar is pleasant, but effectively peasant food (like champagne). I bought large quantities of sturgeon and salmon roe in St Petersburg for a picnic and it wasn't that expensive. The caviar brands the airlines use also seem to be on the lower end of the budget scale even in F (and not Russian). That said, I will still take it if offered because I like salty fish eggs.

I would be pleased if BA introduced it, but I'm not holding my breath. If there's any news of it really happening I will eagerly await it here.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 2:51 pm

Programs: BA GFL/GGL/CCR, SPG Plat for Life, HHDiamond, xG Aegean, Avis President's Circle
Originally Posted by redflyer24
Has anybody flown on the LHR-JFK-LHR route yet with new products/menus?
Yes, I have. The above comments cover pretty much everything. The JFK crews are consistently great. The rest depends on a travellers’s expectations. The ground service hasn’t changed much. Due to the renovations it is more hectic on the JFK T7 end than it used to be e.g. no showers, no spa, no bespoke security fast track - you have to merge into an existing economy queue which can be rather embarrassing. The two menus to choose from at the JFK CCR give a nice range to the dining option.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 9:22 pm

Great flight to Hongkong in F

2 days ago I was flying on the BA 27 to HKG. I think is a nice improvement but no Sensation. Food was very good, the New tableware was very nice. FA where very confused with the Service behause Mandy New items where Wrongly Stored. The Crews have to be Trained much better behause Service tOok much to Long. 90 min After take off they Start with the First Course But all in all Very nice Crew.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 10:38 pm

One for the cabin crew: Is there any physical training when significant modifications are made, or is it all reading/video/online?

rb211.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 4:13 am

Originally Posted by RB211
One for the cabin crew: Is there any physical training when significant modifications are made, or is it all reading/video/online?
When New Club World was rolled out all crew went through a two day training course.

However the new First changes are all through self lead learning. There are a array of videos and reading material on our Intranet but this involves crew reading up on the changes in their own time which some crew are unfortunately very reluctant to do. Some crew have said they’d have preferred to go back into the training centre for a course on the changes but some are happy just reading up on them.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 4:54 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Mucci: Classe de la Luxe Eternelle
Originally Posted by Welcome On Board

When New Club World was rolled out all crew went through a two day training course.

However the new First changes are all through self lead learning. There are a array of videos and reading material on our Intranet but this involves crew reading up on the changes in their own time which some crew are unfortunately very reluctant to do.
Thanks for that insight - that is very interesting!
Old Apr 12, 2019, 6:27 am

Programs: AA L/T Gold, BA Gold
I guess it will take some time for BA to roll this out over the whole fleet.

I am flying from Gatwick to Barbados next week, so I assume after watching how long the CW new offering took to filter through the whole system, I won't be seeing these new enhancements on that flight.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 7:09 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by jimmyw9

I am flying from Gatwick to Barbados next week, so I assume after watching how long the CW new offering took to filter through the whole system, I won't be seeing these new enhancements on that flight.
The BA announcement indicated the new First service would be rolled out by 7 April 2019 - so you should be in luck ^
Old Apr 12, 2019, 7:14 am

Programs: BA Gold for Life
Originally Posted by jimmyw9

One clue as to the catering is to look at your menu. The new service has 4 mains and the old 5. With the new service there may well be an additional main in the bistro section but I do not think that appears in the MMB menu.
Lucanesque likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.