New First soft product: your experiences

Reply

Old Apr 5, 19, 4:55 pm
  #166  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: SFO / LHR
Programs: BAEC Gold (without bar) AA Gold LT
Posts: 1,718
Originally Posted by david55 View Post
Curious...is there anything one could do to create a better environment in a situation like annoying inconsiderate passengers? Could you ask the FA to ask them to not block the aisle or something?
If passengers are having a loud conversation, I like to ask them to take it outside!

rb211.
RB211 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 19, 6:54 pm
  #167  
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Posts: 20,960
Originally Posted by BenSenise View Post

now the thing that was really bad about this flight was the passengers. there was a couple with two teenage kids that felt that the cabin was their private lounge. the F cabin in the 747 is not spacious and it is very annoying to have people milling about the space between rows 2 and 3, having loud conversations with other family members, and their low hanging trousers with their underwear hanging out effectively right in your face. extremely inconsiderate to everyone else. there were two other teens in the cabin and their behaviour was impeccable.
In my experience, First attract the most inconsiderate bunch of passengers. 8 of the worst flights I have ever had in my life were all in F (and all happened to be on BA), and every single one of them was due to other passengers behaving inconsiderately and they did not even respond to crew intervention. They were so bad that I asked to be downgraded to Y, but unfortunately had no luck as even jumpseats were all taken.

Because F cabins are always small, it's very difficult to get away from nuisance passengers.

Sadly, no matter what improvement is made to hard and soft products, if passengers behave horribly and inconsiderately, it will continue to affect the comfort of others.

Still, any improvements in hard/soft products lessen the pain inflicted by other passengers' conduct and are very welcome, and from what's been posted so far, I think the new soft products look great
LTN Phobia is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 19, 12:15 am
  #168  
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: UK
Programs: BA, U2+, SK, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Posts: 2,074
So, important question

How do the new S/M/L (Male) pyjama sizes compare to the old M/L? Any experience gratefully accepted to help me make this crucial decision...I wore the smaller size of the old PJs.
Oaxaca is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 19, 1:11 am
  #169  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: SFO / LHR
Programs: BAEC Gold (without bar) AA Gold LT
Posts: 1,718
Originally Posted by Oaxaca View Post
So, important question

How do the new S/M/L (Male) pyjama sizes compare to the old M/L? Any experience gratefully accepted to help me make this crucial decision...I wore the smaller size of the old PJs.
I have a couple of sets of the old... in SMALL size, so I'm not sure what your question is really asking, or what you are really stating that you wore!

rb211.
RB211 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 19, 1:40 am
  #170  
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: UK
Programs: AVIS presidents club, BAEC (GGL/CCR), HH Diamond, FPC (Premier), MR
Posts: 226
I just experienced the new First soft product this week on the way to Miami. I think the new bedding is lovely I have to say. I had a great sleep in it. The new crockery is nice, I like the pyjamas. Not fussed about the washbag. I like the fact that the champagne is now served in a stemmed glass. Headphones are better as they now come in a case, however, I still use my Bose headphones.
All in all, I thought it was really nice and added to the First experience. Only let down was the cabin crew running around like headless chickens as they hadnít used the new stuff before.
highexpectations is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 19, 1:57 am
  #171  
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Kiev, Ukraine
Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, PS, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Posts: 6,018
Originally Posted by Can I help you View Post
Buddy dining is still possible, we have changed how we lay the tables up slightly.
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK View Post
Iím trying to visualise the size of the table on the B747/B777s, and I canít picture it being significantly shorter than the A380ís, if at all.


Thank you both!
Andriyko is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 19, 2:28 am
  #172  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Programs: BA GGL, UA Premier Gold, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Various Rental Car Statuses
Posts: 104
Originally Posted by highexpectations View Post
I just experienced the new First soft product this week on the way to Miami. I think the new bedding is lovely I have to say. I had a great sleep in it. The new crockery is nice, I like the pyjamas. Not fussed about the washbag. I like the fact that the champagne is now served in a stemmed glass. Headphones are better as they now come in a case, however, I still use my Bose headphones.
All in all, I thought it was really nice and added to the First experience. Only let down was the cabin crew running around like headless chickens as they hadnít used the new stuff before.
weren't stemmed glasses always used in F?
MTJ Bound is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 19, 2:32 am
  #173  
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,115
Originally Posted by MTJ Bound View Post


weren't stemmed glasses always used in F?
Yes, should have been. The glasses are new however
gw76 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 19, 2:51 am
  #174  
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: UK
Programs: BA, U2+, SK, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Posts: 2,074
Originally Posted by RB211 View Post
I have a couple of sets of the old... in SMALL size, so I'm not sure what your question is really asking, or what you are really stating that you wore!

rb211.
I don't know when yours are from, but in many flights over the last few years, I've only ever been offered 2 choices, Medium or Large. I don't keep most of them, but the Medium ones I still have just have Medium on the label (well, just M), not small/medium.

I will find out for myself shortly, but feedback from anyone who has experienced the old and new would be useful, if not exactly life and death
Oaxaca is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 19, 3:26 am
  #175  
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: London
Programs: BAEC, EK Skywards, WY Sindbad, Marriott 'Bonvoy' :/, IHG, Hilton Honors, Golden Circle
Posts: 2,594
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia View Post
In my experience, First attract the most inconsiderate bunch of passengers. 8 of the worst flights I have ever had in my life were all in F (and all happened to be on BA), and every single one of them was due to other passengers behaving inconsiderately and they did not even respond to crew intervention. They were so bad that I asked to be downgraded to Y, but unfortunately had no luck as even jumpseats were all taken.

Because F cabins are always small, it's very difficult to get away from nuisance passengers.

Sadly, no matter what improvement is made to hard and soft products, if passengers behave horribly and inconsiderately, it will continue to affect the comfort of others.

Still, any improvements in hard/soft products lessen the pain inflicted by other passengers' conduct and are very welcome, and from what's been posted so far, I think the new soft products look great
This is not unique to BA by any means and exists to the same or even a greater extent on both US and Middle Eastern carriers, but yes, absolutely. Part of the reason I enjoy JL/CX/choose other Far Eastern F so much is that the other passengers donít seem to actively try to be as obnoxious as possible.
lost_in_translation is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 19, 6:57 am
  #176  
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: UK/Las Vegas
Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Posts: 12,179
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK View Post
Originally Posted by TravelManBiz View Post
... Just a question. Why donít BA have a Kaviar service in F? I have flown a few times to Asia in F with Star Alliance and they all serve Kaviar.
In all seriousness, I really do not like the stuff. My wife loves it and would eat a bucket full given the chance. I also do not care for Dom so rather glad that also doesnít make any appearances on BA. I believe a caviar service is (or at least has been) offered on Mosco flights and you will find sprinkles of it on some appetisers and canapťs but other than that I suspect the reason it is not offered systemwide is because of cost.
Well, good news for you; not so much for me. A little bird tells me that a caviar service was offered on some flight to the Middle East this week! I'll ask the 'little bird' if I can share his photograph of said devil's spawn delicacy - if he doesn't post it here himself.
TravelManBiz likes this.
Tobias-UK is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 19, 8:07 am
  #177  
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 149
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK View Post
Well, good news for you; not so much for me. A little bird tells me that a caviar service was offered on some flight to the Middle East this week! I'll ask the 'little bird' if I can share his photograph of said devil's spawn delicacy - if he doesn't post it here himself.
Great news if BA starting a Caviar service But I guess I am out of luck since I am going to PHL in BA F and not DXB... Hopefully all BA flights will have Caviar in the future.
TravelManBiz is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 19, 8:09 am
  #178  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Posts: 14,875
I cannot see any menu to the Middle East menu with caviar.
Can I help you is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 19, 9:00 am
  #179  
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: UK/Las Vegas
Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Posts: 12,179
Originally Posted by Can I help you View Post
I cannot see any menu to the Middle East menu with caviar.
I might have put 2+2 together, I saw a photograph that definitely had caviar in it, dressed on a BA plate - from what you say it appears the caviar must have been self-catered - what a relief
Tobias-UK is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 19, 9:02 am
  #180  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Posts: 14,875
Yes it would have been self catered.
wrp96 and Tobias-UK like this.
Can I help you is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread