Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New First - time for change to unisex amenity kits

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New First - time for change to unisex amenity kits

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2019, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by hsmall
A reminder that an increasing number of passengers in the future (and many now) will identify as neither male nor female.

I’ve met a number of them on my travels. 😁
hsmall likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 5:45 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), Hilton (Diamond), Le Club Accor (Platinum)
Given the current trend towards making things gender neutral wherever possible (for all the reasons mentioned upthread), I suspect it is a case of “when” not “if” this happens.

I’m not saying it’s imminent (nor that I personally care either way) - just that it’s inevitable at some point.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 6:38 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Spire, Caesars Diamond
I think this will be fixed with the booking systems. I read one of the US airlines has already made the move to allow passengers to book how they identify etc. Having the right amenity kits so everyone wins - M/F/neutral/whatever else booking allows will soon be possible. 'Neutral For All' just means everyone loses out from the customisation that's possible if you just ask people what they want. As many commenters have said people have liked the custom M/F kits vs a generic one and taking the right details at booking let's them go further with customising rather than taking a step back to a generic kit. Idc what anyone wants to say they identify as or how they feel - technology these days should make accommodating easier not harder than ever so companies don't really have an excuse.
offtothehills and cosmo74 like this.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 2:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK,BA,QR
Originally Posted by redeyedonkey
I think this will be fixed with the booking systems. I read one of the US airlines has already made the move to allow passengers to book how they identify etc. Having the right amenity kits so everyone wins - M/F/neutral/whatever else booking allows will soon be possible. 'Neutral For All' just means everyone loses out from the customisation that's possible if you just ask people what they want. As many commenters have said people have liked the custom M/F kits vs a generic one and taking the right details at booking let's them go further with customising rather than taking a step back to a generic kit. Idc what anyone wants to say they identify as or how they feel - technology these days should make accommodating easier not harder than ever so companies don't really have an excuse.
I very much agree with you. I alluded to using MMB as a conduit in my original post, it would appear, on the surface, to be relatively simple to implement, plus it would add to the value to Club/First, I would assume.
redeyedonkey likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 4:36 am

I'd have thought the obvious thing to do is to remove gender altogether and have several kits with suitably random names - contents described in MMB and onboard menus, and you select as you do food items from a menu.

"Sir, would you like the Jasmine bag with shaving accoutrements, the Willow with moisturiser and eye repair serum or the Rowan with hand cream and footspray?"
hsmall likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.