Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Peak/Off Peak dates for late March/April 2020

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2019, 6:00 am
Original Poster

Fairly sure I have seen Peak/Off Peak dates for Avios redemptions in 2020 but cannot find them now and want to be ready to book an Off Peak 2-4-1 at T-355 on a popular route shortly.

Can anyone point me to them (or let me know when they might be based on Easter Sunday being 13 April next year?)

TIA

Last edited by Karen762; Mar 29, 2019 at 6:06 am
Old Mar 29, 2019, 6:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I'd bet the Peak vs Off Peak will be almost identical to the same timings around Easter as this year … Where are you looking to go? Remember it's a year away and there can be some tasty exEUs almost always covering the Easter period...
Old Mar 29, 2019, 6:18 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Please can you advise of some past ones?
Old Mar 29, 2019, 6:21 am
Original Poster

Thinking of going to Bangkok then taking train down to Singapore and returning from there.

Thinking might go for F on Qatar or BA/Qatar with 24 hours in Doha on way out but its all very flexible at the moment other than we can't go before early March and 2-4-1 needs to be used before June. Hubby thinks weather wise we should go earlier rather than later in this time period.

Any advice appreciated as haven't been to Asia before other than a stop over in Singapore.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 6:29 am

If you're looking to use a 241 then you're limited to BA flights.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
If your kids will be off school, assume it will be peak.

If you were hoping to sneak them out a week early, remember that the calendar is really driven by London private school dates, not state school dates, and the private schools have far more holiday time!
origin likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 6:31 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by webstereo
Please can you advise of some past ones?
Here is a link to a Head for Points post detailing 2018 and 2019
Old Mar 29, 2019, 6:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Raffles
If your kids will be off school, assume it will be peak.

If you were hoping to sneak them out a week early, remember that the calendar is really driven by London private school dates, not state school dates, and the private schools have far more holiday time!
I don't have kids otherwise I would know the answer - no idea how the school holidays work as it's a long time since I was at school!
Old Mar 29, 2019, 6:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by windowontheAside
If you're looking to use a 241 then you're limited to BA flights.
Ah had forgotten that - very useful to be reminded of that so thank you.

So will be travelling Club World then!
Old Mar 29, 2019, 6:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
School holiday dates are posted on local council websites or just google ‘schools term dates in *town* ‘
Old Mar 29, 2019, 6:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Right now you can go ARN-BKK over this Easter on Qatar for 560 Tier Points and £1250 booking today for Easter period. I'd take that any time over a £650 + voucher + avios + tight availability on BA. Most of the this year and into next Jan / Feb has this route at this price too
FlyerTalker39574 and roy2016 like this.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 6:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Right now you can go ARN-BKK over this Easter on Qatar for 560 Tier Points and £1250 booking today for Easter period. I'd take that any time over a £650 + voucher + avios + tight availability on BA. Most of the this year and into next Jan / Feb has this route at this price too
I agree, but we often forget that the vast majority of people living in the real world don't want to position or faff about with their limited annual leave, when they can spend legitimately on an Amex and do a 2-for-1 departing London or somewhere else convenient.
steviewander likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by craigthemif
I agree, but we often forget that the vast majority of people living in the real world don't want to position or faff about with their limited annual leave, when they can spend legitimately on an Amex and do a 2-for-1 departing London or somewhere else convenient.
I agree to an extent - but how much faff and juggling over the year do people go through in order to build up the Avios pot and also get the voucher triggered.... I'm fortunate to generate a huge amount of Avios through work Amex spend and do use a voucher once a year, but my Xmas one was a total waste in my opinion when BA released £1,000 seats to my destination on the same dates. I couldn't really cancel as too near expiry date so saved about £350 and spent a shed load of Avios rather than earning Avios and Tier Points
Old Mar 29, 2019, 6:56 am
Original Poster

Reassessing plans a bit - are weekend flights to/from BKK and SIN quieter or busier than weekday ones?
Old Mar 29, 2019, 6:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Karen762
Reassessing plans a bit - are weekend flights to/from BKK and SIN quieter or busier than weekday ones?
It is varied and no one can give you a forecast... if you're set on Voucher - definitely take SIN or KUL for better aircraft and better flight timings.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.