Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Peak/Off Peak dates for late March/April 2020

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Peak/Off Peak dates for late March/April 2020

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2019, 8:51 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Thank you, I'll take a look
Old Apr 28, 2019, 2:31 am

Programs: British Airways
April is the hottest time of the year in both Bangkok and Singapore. Even mid March this year was baking. I'd go end of May if possible.

FYI the train down to Singapore is fun, but the scenery isnt great once you hit Malaysia. Miles of palm oil plantations and you have to stop between KL and Singapore at Gemas as they are electrifying the line and the Gemas Singapore train isnt great.

Also, they have closed the Singapore railway line and station so you have to stop in JB now and then make your own way through Singapore.

If you do decide to do it, the train from Bangkok to Sungai Golok is better as opposed to Hat Yai if you don't need to go to KL, and then take the jungle line down to Singapore via Gemas.

Loads more (and probably more up to date) info here www.seat61.com

Also as mentioned, you cant use the 2-4-1 on partner airlines and BA don't fly a First cabin to Bangkok.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 3:34 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Originally Posted by pauldb
If they follow this year's example it will be Peak from Friday 3rd April to Monday 20th April inclusive. Despite longer public school holidays I can't recall BA ever Peaking more than 2 weeks (3 weekends) for Easter.
Ours break up on the 27th March, the first week of our holidays is nearly always off peak
Old Apr 28, 2019, 3:55 am

Programs: BA GOLD
Originally Posted by Karen762
Reassessing plans a bit - are weekend flights to/from BKK and SIN quieter or busier than weekday ones?
Just to give you an idea of availability from this years BA flights from SIN to LHR this week every one came back completely full.

Last edited by Brighterside; Apr 28, 2019 at 4:06 am Reason: Spelling mistake
Old Apr 28, 2019, 4:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hookster
Loads more (and probably more up to date) info here www.seat61.com
Yep that website is what started the trip off!

Hubby says "why don't we fly to Bangkok and take the train down to Singapore - look at this website"

So I did a quick Google search on Bangkok to Singapore railway and the first article I found was the one about the overnight luxury sleeper service at many thousands of pounds and I though "Ooooh what a lovely hubby I have" and said yes let's do it. Was rather surprised at him spending that amount of money but hey I guess I'm worth it!

Luxury sleeper service

I was then sadly informed that we would be taking the very much cheaper daytime options

Oh well!
Old Apr 28, 2019, 5:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Brighterside
Just to give you an idea of availability from this years BA flights from SIN to LHR this week every one came back completely full.
No worries - we managed to book flights to BKK in Feb and return from SIN in March all in J giving us just under 3 weeks there. Weirdly the availability changed around quite a bit over three or four days around the time I made the original post (availability would be there at some times and then not there an hour later and vice versa) but we just rang up and got the tickets no problem.

Just need to plan the middle bit now!
Old Jun 3, 2019, 4:07 pm

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Has 2020 peak and off peak calendar been launched?
Old Jun 3, 2019, 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by Karen762

I was then sadly informed that we would be taking the very much cheaper daytime options

Oh well!
Make this part of the holiday! There are lots of places to stop off along the way between Bangkok and Singapore -- Khao Sok, Langkawi, Georgetown/Penang, KL... it's a great rail journey and you could easily take a week or two to do it.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 3:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by ORD-TGU
Has 2020 peak and off peak calendar been launched?
Seems not. You would normally see it on avios.com but if you select '2020' it just freezes on the 2019 page.

Even if you do a dummy booking for a 2020 flight and click on the 'peak dates' button you only get 2019 shown to you. Weirdly, it will also only show the Aer Lingus 2019 calendar, not the BA or IB ones.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 7:30 am

Programs: BAEC: Bronze; Marriott: Gold
I have no problem viewing te 2020 Peak/Off-peak calendar on BA.com. This is clearly visible on both Reward Flight Calculator and when doing a dummy booking for May 2020.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 7:49 am

Probably doesn't help but I have been able to do a 2-4-1 booking for May 2020 and was pleasantly surprised that both legs were off peak as the same week as our inbound for 2019 was peak. Reward flight finder was showing it as available but points required unknown.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by bakera
I have no problem viewing te 2020 Peak/Off-peak calendar on BA.com. This is clearly visible on both Reward Flight Calculator and when doing a dummy booking for May 2020.
The full calendar runs forward well beyond the existing booking window, so you would know for example which dates over October 2020 half-term would be peak.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 9:26 pm

Programs: BA Silver, AmEx Platinum, AVIS Presidents Club, Marriott Titanium Elite
15 April

Why is 15 April randomly an off peak day but all other days around it peak?
Old Feb 10, 2020, 8:54 pm

maybe a silly question but can someone confirm the following. I am looking to use BA Avios to book an Aer Lingus award. Do i follow the BA or Aer Lingus peak/off peak calendar? They both differ slightly in dates. thanks.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 1:00 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by sxc234
maybe a silly question but can someone confirm the following. I am looking to use BA Avios to book an Aer Lingus award. Do i follow the BA or Aer Lingus peak/off peak calendar? They both differ slightly in dates. thanks.
BA's calendar applies if using Avios, however Aer Lingus would always be peak.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.