BA boarding music!

Old Mar 29, 2019, 3:42 pm

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Delta had Billie Eilish the other day, so super on trend yet inoffensive enough to not even bug the elderly
Old Mar 29, 2019, 3:54 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by zappomatic
On the CityFlyer Embraers just hope you don’t get G-LCYV/W/X/Y as these have a more basic PBS which holds a shorter music loop than the rest of the fleet, and restarts from the beginning every time the PA is used!

I flew Vueling a few years ago and was amused by the inappropriateness of No Surprises by Radiohead as one of the songs. “I’ll take a quiet life, a handshake of carbon monoxide”
Exit (Row) Music
Old Mar 29, 2019, 4:06 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AF/KL Gold, Hilton Gold, Nordic Choice Gold
The AY boarding music is totally dreadful and feels like it is never ending.

Old Jun 1, 2019, 12:15 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold
Sitting on todays BA31 to HKG on a A388 I find the music quite stressful. Far too energetic to relax you as you board. I can’t believe anybody at BA has thought about how stressful flying can be, and i speak as a regular traveller who generally enjoy the experience.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 12:21 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by pennineuk
Sitting on todays BA31 to HKG on a A388 I find the music quite stressful. Far too energetic to relax you as you board...
I've not stepped foot on a BA aircraft for a month, has the music changed? It is usually Antonín Dvořák: Serenade for Strings in E major, Op. 22:

Was it not this?:

Old Jun 1, 2019, 12:47 pm

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
I like the classical music - it feels very BA. BA is a quintessential British brand and in my view doesn’t need to try to be all modern and on point. If you want pop bugger off to Jet2!
Old Jun 1, 2019, 12:53 pm

Programs: BA Silver, VS Silver
Originally Posted by Cap'n Benj
Delta had Billie Eilish the other day, so super on trend yet inoffensive enough to not even bug the elderly
I can’t remember exactly what DL were playing on my last flights but it was giving a fairly chilled West coast vibe (we were in LAX). I recall that I really liked it. Same with VS on the way home.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Originally Posted by pennineuk
Sitting on todays BA31 to HKG on a A388 I find the music quite stressful. Far too energetic to relax you as you board. I can’t believe anybody at BA has thought about how stressful flying can be, and i speak as a regular traveller who generally enjoy the experience.
Stressful, it’s funeral music but I have to say do like it, I do wish we had other music to play for disembarkation?
pennineuk likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by IAMORGAN
I like the classical music - it feels very BA. BA is a quintessential British brand and in my view doesn’t need to try to be all modern and on point. If you want pop bugger off to Jet2!
Yeah, but Britain isn't famous for its classical music (das land ohne musik!), but is famous around the world for its pop output.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by Can I help you

Stressful, it’s funeral music but I have to say do like it, I do wish we had other music to play for disembarkation?
We had a trial of some up tempo disembarkation music on the 767 luxury liner a couple of years ago to try and speed up people getting off. It had absolutely no effect whatsoever, and we quickly reverted back to the Eurofleet norm of no music whatsoever!
IAMORGAN likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 8:07 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Can I help you

Like this?

S_W_S likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 2:43 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum, ALL Gold, Bonvoy Gold Elite, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by tigertanaka
The AY boarding music is totally dreadful and feels like it is never ending.
Which makes it all the more ironic/sad that the boarding music AY had before switching to that one, is still one of my favourite pieces of boarding/elevator music I've heard:

tigertanaka likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 2:52 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold
Yes the Finnair one really gets annoying after about 2 minutes on loop... make it end!
tigertanaka likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 3:06 am

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by Skimo
Yeah, but Britain isn't famous for its classical music (das land ohne musik!), but is famous around the world for its pop output.
Very true, but pop music doesn’t fit with BA’s brand.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 3:11 am

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Originally Posted by IAMORGAN

Very true, but pop music doesn’t fit with BA’s brand.
Really? They like to have pop stars in the safety video!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.