Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

2019 World Airport Survey : LHR T5 voted World’s Best Terminal

Old Mar 28, 2019, 12:55 pm
Original Poster

Heathrow Terminal 5 has been voted the best in the world for the 6th time at the global airport awards. Heathrow overall was voted 8th best in the world.

London's Heathrow Airport Terminal 5 is voted the World's Best Airport Terminal by customers in the 2019 World Airport Survey

Singapore's Changi Airport Terminal 3 takes 2nd place with Munich Airport Terminal 2 ranked 3rd.

https://www.worldairportawards.com/w...erminals-2019/

Old Mar 28, 2019, 1:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Who voted? Probably not incoming passengers waiting to clear BF.
orbitmic, downinit, HMPS and 7 others like this.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
skytrax - nuff said
dddc, Admiral Ackbar, NoY and 2 others like this.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 1:16 pm

Programs: BA (GGL/CCR)
Hmmm... IMHO T5 isn't even the best terminal at Heathrow (T2 is far better), let alone the world.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CCayley
Hmmm... IMHO T5 isn't even the best terminal at Heathrow (T2 is far better), let alone the world.
Indeed.

T5 isn’t a disaster zone, but to suggest it’s better than MUC, SIN, HKG is just odd.
ACYYZ/SD, orbitmic, Stez and 5 others like this.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 1:26 pm

Programs: BA GGLfL, WoH Lifetime Globalist, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
T5 is certainly better than MUC.

Doc Copper
aidy and Deltus like this.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 1:46 pm

compared to SIN and HKG i quite like it... if im in a lounge. Otherwise not so much.

Edit: thats not to say i think the lounges in T5 are better, just that if i didnt have lounge access SIN and HKG would be better than T5, but with a half decent lounge in T5 i think the rest of the experience is good.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 1:46 pm

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Originally Posted by LondonElite
Not sure who’s voting for these things but I’ve never had any issues at T-5. Im not a frequent flyer by any means but have probably been through 50-100 times over the years and never had more than a short wait.

I suspect volume wise (which you need if it’s a simple majority vote) there’s not too many ‘terminals’ that match it and it’s in no way horrendous

Last edited by Cap'n Benj; Mar 28, 2019 at 1:53 pm
Old Mar 28, 2019, 2:07 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
I think if you're looking just at T5 in isolation then it's not too bad, although I can probably count on the fingers of one hand how many times I have started or ended a journey at T5.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
World's best shopping galleria with occasional views of airplanes.
Cris L, dddc, TPJ and 2 others like this.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 2:50 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

I can see why T5 ranks so high. It's a massive terminal with about the same number of gates as HKIA, yet travel distances are deceptively short. There are numerous public facilities which are kept clean and are well maintained. The space is lofty and offers great views of the apron and runways. There is also a wide variety of cafes, restaurants, and retail. Personally, I feel the more cramped layout at T5C lets it down somewhat
Old Mar 28, 2019, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by LondonElite
Probably the same people who vote on those 'how was your security experience today' buttons. The staff.

T5 isn't too bad for a European airport and as the busiest in Europe it has an awful lot of passengers to vote for it.
nancypants likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 3:21 pm

Programs: BA GGL, UA Gold, Marriott Titanium
Tokyo Haneda is very well organised.

And Tom Bradley in LAX is also spectacular with some great lounges - Qantas
mradey likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 4:10 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hotels.com Gold
MUC? Eh????? Now, this is my company local so I'm in there a fair but (monday and Thurs next week). The lounge is great but the terminal is no where near a dozen I could mention. SIN is amazing and my favourite. Then HKG. T5 is also good. I also like PVG (not for lounge but in general for different shops).

BOM is a nice terminal as well.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 4:23 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by CCayley
You certainly have a point, and T2 seems to have benefited from the experience of operating T5. But the layout of T5 is better. If you arrive on one of the distant T2 gates, with quite a walk to the UK Border, there's no way you're going to be on your tube train within 10 minutes of doors open, which is perfectly possible at T5. And yet T5 handles twice the passengers of T2.
User Name and rockflyertalk like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.