Wiki Posts
Search

Tier points collection year end

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2019, 12:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: British Airways
Tier points collection year end

My tier point collection date ends on Mon 8th April 2019 & I need 30 more points to retain Bronze. Now if I take flights on Sat 6th or Sun 7th that give me the necessary points, will they hit my account by 8th , to retain my bronze status ?
Thanks
Gerry
Old Mar 29, 2019, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by Gerardhoey
My tier point collection date ends on Mon 8th April 2019 & I need 30 more points to retain Bronze. Now if I take flights on Sat 6th or Sun 7th that give me the necessary points, will they hit my account by 8th , to retain my bronze status ?
Thanks
Gerry
No, but that will make no difference. Your flights will credit for the days you flew, not the days they hit your account, so you will sorted.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 12:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: British Airways
Brilliant. Thank you for your help
Old Mar 29, 2019, 12:13 pm
gms

Programs: BA Gold / GfL, Hilton Diamond
They don't need to hit your account by the 8th, as long as they are qualifying and reach your account at some point they will still count towards your status renewal. You can also phone up and request a two week 'extension' if you have flights coming up just after your renewal date (in reality it just means that flights taken in the two weeks following the end of your year will be added to your balance from the previous year to enable your renewal to happen) - I believe this is discretionary, but reports seem to indicate it is always granted.

Welcome to FT.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by gms
They don't need to hit your account by the 8th, as long as they are qualifying and reach your account at some point they will still count towards your status renewal. You can also phone up and request a two week 'extension' if you have flights coming up just after your renewal date (in reality it just means that flights taken in the two weeks following the end of your year will be added to your balance from the previous year to enable your renewal to happen) - I believe this is discretionary, but reports seem to indicate it is always granted.

Welcome to FT.
That is not the position the OP is in though. Their flights are still in their old year even if they post in the new year. BAs systems will handle this automatically and the OP does not need to phone and request anything.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.