Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Stopping people crossing over in the bassinet row - 787 30D, 30E, 30F

Old Mar 28, 19, 7:18 am
Original Poster

So we were on a flight only ticket, and were randomly assigned to the bassinet row with extra leg room. Yah! However, from initial boarding, we had numerous people cross over. My quick solution? After take off, lay down the bassinet table. It doesn't really intrude. No FAs complained. It wasn't a safety issue. And still a lot of spare leg room. Plus it provided extra space for the random drink, blanket etc.

Just a suggestion to bring a wipe, or wipe it down. These things are filthy! I hope this helps people. If you don't want to do it, and don't mind people walking in front of you, you don't need to put it down.
Old Mar 28, 19, 7:56 am

We often sit in the bassinet row as we have a baby. We often see this behaviour but it's almost always crew, especially before and just after takeoff.
Old Mar 28, 19, 8:16 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
with the baby in tow - just get some baby stuff out on the floor / around the seat - stops anyone coming through - also; putting the screens up both sides ASAP tends to discourage passing traffic
Old Mar 28, 19, 12:58 pm

Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought to use the space between a bulkhead row and the bulkhead to cut from one side of the plane to the other.

35A/C on the A380 with our 10-month old are looking like a really good idea all of a sudden.
Old Mar 28, 19, 1:54 pm

Programs: AA, BA, B6, DL, D8, EI
Many people walk through that space. On my last flight a crew member put the tray table down himself to stop people doing it.
flygirl68 likes this.
Old Mar 28, 19, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC
/
Originally Posted by bmchris View Post
So we were on a flight only ticket
How is that relevant?
Old Mar 28, 19, 2:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by clubman View Post

Originally Posted by bmchris View Post
So we were on a flight only ticket.
How is that relevant?
No food ?
Old Mar 28, 19, 3:37 pm

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by cubedweller View Post
We often sit in the bassinet row as we have a baby. We often see this behaviour but it's almost always crew, especially before and just after takeoff.
Probably because they are cross-checking doors, assisting customers etc. They are allowed to do so.
Old Mar 28, 19, 3:54 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by BABenchley View Post
Probably because they are cross-checking doors, assisting customers etc. They are allowed to do so.
And it would normally be in the 10 minutes before departure and 10 minutes after "20 minutes to landing" where both periods are quite time sensitive. It would typically only be 1 or 2 traverses. During the main part of the flight I can see it would be irritating, particularly for WC-hoppers, so a few strategically placed items would normally discourage it.

CW also gets this too, and not just 787s.
BABenchley likes this.
Old Mar 29, 19, 8:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
so a few strategically placed items would normally discourage it.
Yes, that was also one consideration. Place a few items in the foot space to make it unappealing. The downside is that it cuts down on your own foot space. So we ended up putting down the bassinet table as soon as possible.
Old Mar 29, 19, 8:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by clubman View Post
/ How is that relevant?
Only to the extent that we were surprised to get "extra legroom" seats without paying extra for seat allocation. I guess you can say it's just background information.
WickedStepMother likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: