Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA460 [LHR - MAD] Club - Flub (777)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2019, 7:14 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by gcuk

C gate, so on shuttle I checked Expertflyer and only 2E left on the whole plane.
Hopefully refreshed app but still showing WTP seat on my boarding pass but at gate, the magic beep and a new boarding pass, 1A ��
As hinted above, I had a feeling this would happen. The cabin name for some reason never updates, the seat number can sometimes update, usually after 45 minutes to departure, but sometimes you will only see a new seat number not on the boarding pass, but on the flight details screen on the App. What happened here is that some time ago, given the full flight, someone decided that 1A would be right for you, hence it was blocked. They would normally PA you in the CCR too, if you were there.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 9:49 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
I’m very happy your thoughts were right c-w-s. I was in the CCR but didn’t hear a call. Great result and lovely crew as well.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 7:05 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
just had to book 461 MAD-LHR and it auto-booked me to 1K and when i looked at the seat map, it shows as up thread but starting with row 4 (in a 2-4-2 all forward facing) then resumed with row 10 in typical CW layout.

confused based on the info above, but it doesn't even show rows 1-3 online--so obviously a BA error--but am i better off leaving it alone as they booked me there OR should i just select the best remaining CW seat available?

thanks!
Old Jun 14, 2019, 7:43 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
There was a policy change and the Flub section can now be booked by phone from moment of booking (not just 2 daays before departure). There was a memo going to GGL team about this last week, guess you missed it
megaloman and george77300 like this.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 8:23 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
There was a policy change and the Flub section can now be booked by phone from moment of booking (not just 2 daays before departure). There was a memo going to GGL team about this last week, guess you missed it

ah so that must be why i was booked automatically into 1K at time of booking online then.

clears that up!
nufnuf77 likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 12:22 pm
Jed

Programs: BA Gold, AA 1MM lifetime gold, Starwood gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Is this policy new for just GGL or can anyone who has an entitlement to seat reservation book the Flub section?
I am just ordinary gold and moved myself to row 2 (as it was showing rows 2 and 4 for me). Hope it will stick
george77300 likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 5:24 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I (only Silver) can see Row 4 only. But 8 abreast like the business. Is this a map of both Rows 3-4 or something? Will seat selection there stick?

Also with regards to WTP being used as WT does this happen the same? Can select at check in or before? Or have to be at airport with the check in but don’t get boarding pass trick?

Many thanks to all you much more knowledgeable folk.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 5:52 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by george77300
I (only Silver) can see Row 4 only. But 8 abreast like the business. Is this a map of both Rows 3-4 or something? Will seat selection there stick?

Also with regards to WTP being used as WT does this happen the same? Can select at check in or before? Or have to be at airport with the check in but don’t get boarding pass trick?
Yes, the 8-a-breast is the way it comes over on Flub MMB. Selection is definitely not guaranteed to stick. I think I'm holding to my previous advice:
- select your preferred CW seat, OLCI for it, don't app/print the boarding pass
- keep an eye on seat selection / EF / ask here, in particular you need to consider what is happening in ET.
- when you are within a few hours of departure, and can see CW will fill up for sure, move to First and/or ask at check-in.
The above is the way to keep a good CW seat as well as staying in contention for Flub.

WTP is far more likely to be enabled, it doesn't have quite the same crew impact as First. It sometimes opens up earlier, notably T-72, but if showing at OLCI, and WT is filling up, G0 etc, then it's not a huge risk (if that's the right word, WT seats are much better than almost all shorthaul seating) to go for WTP.
george77300 likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 1:41 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Is anyone able to kindly help provide a view of the loading for BA460 in J this coming Thursday (20th June) - realise the chance of FLUB is low as a Silver cardholder but would be good to rule it out in my head if CE is 50% full anyway

Thanks in advance!
Old Jun 16, 2019, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by obduro
Is anyone able to kindly help provide a view of the loading for BA460 in J this coming Thursday (20th June) - realise the chance of FLUB is low as a Silver cardholder but would be good to rule it out in my head if CE is 50% full anyway

Thanks in advance!
Tomorrow (Monday) afternoon would be a better time to check this out, it's not under Flight Management yet.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 1:56 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Tomorrow (Monday) afternoon would be a better time to check this out, it's not under Flight Management yet.
Thanks as always CWS, will check in a bit later
Old Jun 17, 2019, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by obduro
Early days yet so this could change. I can see WT is quite busy but not yet full:
J9 C2 D1 R0 I0 Y9 B4 H0 K0 M0 L0 V0 N0 O0 Q0 S0 G5
G5 is suggestive of good ET seat availability. CW is nothing like full, First is blocked off. However they are using WTP in earnest, and that will definitely have to stick. At the moment CW doesn't look full, but if WT continues to fill then that's your best chance. At the moment Flub is a no go.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 10:43 am

Thanks v much CWS, the CW experience will have to suffice...
Old Jun 20, 2019, 2:42 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Just a datapoint from a relative booked on the MAD - LHR 777 in a couple of weeks time : the row 2 & 4 seats, which had been on the seatmap since booking several weeks ago, have just disappeared.

Row 10 is now the front.

He’d resisted the temptation to plonk himself in one of these seats, so I can’t report what’s happened to those who had.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 5:10 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
A good result

Flew on Friday and followed the guidance on this thread, checking into my previously reserved 10A but not downloading the BP. Arrived quite late at the First Wing so imagined it might be too late to bag a row 1 to 4 but was pleasantly surprised to be told I’d been upgraded to 4A already when I inquired. An especially comfortable flight ensued with a great cabin crew (complete with a v charming CC with most impressive handlebar moustache!). Quiet First Wing, clean GF and given takeaway cup for my coffee, no queue at checkin, little delay and first class seat for a few thousand Avios - when it works it works! Hoping for a similar experience on my return tomorrow.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.