Club Europe - 'Fly in Luxury'

Old Mar 27, 19, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Leeski View Post
Also where's the apostrophe in Europe's?
I may be wrong, but from how I read it, Club Europe doesn't possess the flights, so why would there be an apostrophe? Isn't "Club Europe" just an adjective in this case?

You wouldn't say first class's flights would you?
navylad likes this.
Old Mar 27, 19, 6:40 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold; IHG Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by Dave Noble View Post
I may be wrong, but from how I read it, Club Europe doesn't possess the flights, so why would there be an apostrophe? Isn't "Club Europe" just an adjective in this case?

You wouldn't say first class's flights would you?
S/he means in the grey text I think
Old Mar 27, 19, 6:41 pm
LPQ

Programs: TG G 18 years
Adjective indeed - but just look at the line underneath. There is another Europe and it's possessive this time.
Old Mar 27, 19, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LPQ View Post
Adjective indeed - but just look at the line underneath. There is another Europe and it's possessive this time.
Ahh - yup , I see that one now
Old Mar 27, 19, 7:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Leeski View Post
Also where's the apostrophe in Europe's?
Correct grammar and punctuation (or careful proofreading) is the ultimate luxury.
Old Mar 27, 19, 7:34 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
Club Europe is nothing to do with luxurious seating or delicious food it just means that the flight attendants in your class of service don’t moan for the entire flight about how horrible it is to work for BA.
fotographer likes this.
Old Mar 27, 19, 9:11 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
This thread reminds me of the nonsense going on in Parliament at the moment. "We know it's a dreadful deal but it's marginally better than the alternative so I'm supporting it".
masmadrid and nancypants like this.
Old Mar 27, 19, 11:35 pm

Programs: BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Blueboys999 View Post
This thread reminds me of the nonsense going on in Parliament at the moment. "We know it's a dreadful deal but it's marginally better than the alternative so I'm supporting it".
Agreed. And as in Parliament, it depends on what you compare it to.
Old Mar 28, 19, 1:38 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Luxury. Well, on an ALC, not having to sit with someone flopping over into your seat is certainly a step in the right direction. I really donít get the legroom issue as my husband doesnít seem to worry about it. I had a very jolly lot on board, in fairness last Monday. There were 7 rows of Club, and in fairness, the meal service was just right for the time aloft. When they were changing plates and bringing our the main dish afterwards it was far too time consuming.

What it is not is First Class. Having just done a pnother round of AAnotherís domestic First - The seat being wider and a bit further from the one in front paled when the chow that calls itself First was dumped in front of you. Sorry, as far as catering is concerned BA is luxurious in comparison. For me, Luxury is not having to plan, shop, prepare and cook meals ( I actually enjoy cooking) and have someone else do it.
Sealink and PrimaVista like this.
Old Mar 28, 19, 2:06 am

Programs: BA Blue, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Starbucks Gold
Obviously the audience here knows very well what CE is, and isn’t. Think about once-a-year flyers considering a trip to Europe for a summer holiday, and faced with Ryanair taking them within 50 miles of where they want to be in a yellow tube with fighting stag parties, or in “luxury” with the far more refined British Airways. Maybe this is aimed at those guys rather than you?
Old Mar 28, 19, 2:29 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, VS Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
One day every Flyer Talker will check if the thread has been done before before starting a new one, innit.
Old Mar 28, 19, 7:54 am

Programs: A3*G, LH FTL, VS Red, Avis Preferred, Hertz President's Circle, (RIP Diamond Club)
The grammar, luxury and dining experience seem about on a par with what one should expect from BA.
JamieABZ likes this.
Old Mar 28, 19, 8:03 am
V10

Programs: MUCCI Gold
As a non-status pondlife, that would get me some time availing myself of BA's wine stocks in a galleries lounge and on the plane earlier as well. "Luxury" is probably partly to do with the marketing department getting a little carried away, but CE still has its positives for those of us that aren't jaded road warriors on corporate bookings.
nancypants and volar like this.
Old Mar 28, 19, 9:14 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Fonsini View Post
Club Europe is nothing to do with luxurious seating or delicious food it just means that the flight attendants in your class of service donít moan for the entire flight about how horrible it is to work for BA.
Have you witnessed BA crew behave so unprofessionally?
Old Mar 28, 19, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK View Post

Have you witnessed BA crew behave so unprofessionally?
Generally not while serving customers, but I have had chats at the back of the plane while stretching my legs, where staff air gripes about their employer. . . . .but then most big corporates have ups & downs for the employees.

Search this Thread