Community
Wiki Posts
Search

F comparison.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2019, 5:48 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Flexible preferences
Corrected that for you 'Climb' is quite an exaggeration don't you think?

There is a big difference between easily stepping over someone's lower legs (only whilst they are in bed mode) and needing to disturb your neighbour to exit your seat.
If you're over 6 foot then maybe it's an easy step, I'm 5 foot 6, which is 3 inches taller than the average UK female, and I don't find it easy to get out across my neighbour on BA. Describing it as a climb is not an exaggeration and I'm sure for anyone shorter it's really rather difficult.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 6:33 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
Originally Posted by thatflyer

3. Why is it the crew never say that food can be ordered at anytime. They try and always serve you altogether right after you have taken off.

My one F flight on BA was from SFO to LHR. Took off about 5pm local time. Was asked what time I wanted to eat at. I said in 2 hours (roughly 7pm local time of departure) and the crew member could not have made his disappointment more clear. He checked his watch dramatically and said "OK, so at 3am". I guess he was on UK time. He then ended up coming to me about 6.30pm local time asking if I wanted to start the meal now and then I had a very rushed meal experience with him practically hovering over me as it became obvious my meal service was delaying his getting to crew rest. He disappeared right after dessert and was not seen again until breakfast.

Ideas like "dine on demand" sound great on paper but if the crew make it obvious that they are unhappy when you use them, then what is the point.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 6:51 am

Programs: BA Gold, Star Alliance Silver
What I don't understand is that so many of the issues with BA First are so easy to fix.
And largely seem due to the crew not delivering the service at the right standard.
Surely this is a "quick fix"?

How hard is it to hand out a hot towel or a pair of slippers? It's not rocket science...
Old Mar 27, 2019, 6:56 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Originally Posted by m3red

i think this is really poor - it can’t be that hard. Ek do an amazing job at this - F bags 99% come off first.

saves a lot of time I arrival.

Is there not a distinction to be made here - BA do give F bags separate priority tags and they have always come out first on the belt in my experience..? The poster may be referring to something different but they definitely try to get them out first (noting that outstations occasionally ignore them)
Old Mar 27, 2019, 7:12 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Though I have to say the quality of the actual suite on BA is much nicer than others.

All the trims are solid milled aluminium. Very nice.

I dislike the fake fake wood and gold bling on EK.
I think you may like the SQ A380 new suite. No bling in sight, spacious, and very nice service.

1. Why is it they never offer slippers? On both occasions I had to ask for them.
Please allow me to comment from experiencing what must be over 100 BA F sectors:

I believe the slippers have been on request for a couple of years.

2. On the return no medium sized PJs? Only large. Can’t be that difficult to ensure stock?
A known problem on the inbound to LHR, I find. Please have sympathies for those who take a Small but end up with a Large Having said that, it's often the Small and Large that seem to run out, rather than Medium.

3. Why is it the crew never say that food can be ordered at anytime. They try and always serve you altogether right after you have taken off.
Just ask to have it at a specific time. That's what I do. I have never had a negative response.

4. Never get offered chocolates or a hot towel
Chocolate do seem to be ignored if I don't have a tea/coffee after the meal. Hot towel is almost invariably offered though. I am not sure what the logic is but it does seem to happen rather often.

5. The toilet is always run out of something.
I can't say I recall having had that problem in F, but I tend to mention it if something seems close to running out. They should replenish things better, really. But it happens on all airlines. Even JL and SQ etc.

6. They should really allow the first passengers to disembark first.
They normally do, certainly did on most of the flights I've taken in F.

7. Does BA actually do priority baggage?
Not really. One of my major gripes with BA. It works at SIN/TYO/HKG in my experience though.
TonyHancock, Tobias-UK and Hilde like this.

Last edited by LTN Phobia; Mar 27, 2019 at 7:57 am
Old Mar 27, 2019, 7:20 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by WingsAroundtheWorld
What I don't understand is that so many of the issues with BA First are so easy to fix.
And largely seem due to the crew not delivering the service at the right standard.
Surely this is a "quick fix"?

How hard is it to hand out a hot towel or a pair of slippers? It's not rocket science...
Slippers are on request only from a couple of years ago. I like them so I ask... and politely asking it's not rocket science either

P.S.
I know that I'm usually a low maintenance passenger, but I like BA F.
flygirl68 and LTN Phobia like this.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 7:28 am

Programs: AA Plat, various hotels
For the price you can sometimes get BA F for there really isn't much to complain about. Sure its not as good as EK F but its still a comfortable seat, and generally with good crew.

Ive only ever managed to get a real bargain fare on EK once.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 7:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Only flown EK 5 times in Y and J and found them to be good.

I'd probably fly them again if it suited me. What's the big deal?
Old Mar 27, 2019, 7:42 am
Suspended

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by Gatwick Alan
For the price you can sometimes get BA F for there really isn't much to complain about. Sure its not as good as EK F but its still a comfortable seat
Sure, it's not a problem per se that BA F isn't as good as EK F. But it's more of a problem if the product isn't even consistently better than some C products (e.g., Qsuites).

Originally Posted by HIDDY
What's the big deal?
The quality of the F product seems to be very important even for people who rarely fly it. (I guess I have to include myself there haha.) At least that's my impression from another FF forum where I've been more active than here.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 7:56 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Originally Posted by NYLON Boy
You must have been lucky to avoid the mid-J 747s then. They routinely disembark from door 2, so WTP and Club get out before F.
I have actually and on that occasion WTP did get out first, Club was held though
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 8:18 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by Cap'n Benj

In 20ish BA F segments, they’ve never not held back other pax for F pax.

Similarly in on all my J experiences I can’t remember not not having to wait for F.
On my EDI-LHR in J operated by QR during industrial disputes, as soon a as we came to a stand the curtain was drawn and no ET passengers were allowed to alight before the J cabin had. A nice touch had it been standard Euro-business where there’s little to differentiate once the wheels are back on the ground but seemed standard protocol for the QR cabin crew.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by cosmo74
If you're over 6 foot then maybe it's an easy step, I'm 5 foot 6, which is 3 inches taller than the average UK female, and I don't find it easy to get out across my neighbour on BA. Describing it as a climb is not an exaggeration and I'm sure for anyone shorter it's really rather difficult.
I can see how it may be more difficult if you are shorter, that's a fair point. However, it is unclear what you mean by 'climb'. Are you saying you don't take a step over your neighbour's legs to exit your seat then? Are you asking your neighbour to move for you? Or are you scrambling over their resting legs?
Old Mar 27, 2019, 9:06 am

Programs: Newbie BA Gold
For a premium service, most things should be offered or at least mentioned that they are available, instead of having to be asked for, as most people wouldn't know what's available to ask for in the first place. Like champagne in galleries J. Otherwise they might as well just take everything away and say you can ask for things. It just gives the impression of being mean/lazy.
SirToby likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 9:11 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Ronin - churn and burn

well didn't happen today and we all left in the central door at LHR.

And actually strangely by the by the time I got down the tunnel everyone from economy was already there! So they must have got their door opened first!

Exactly what happened on my last BA F flight on the A380 coming in from JNB.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 9:50 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Jermyn
Exactly what happened on my last BA F flight on the A380 coming in from JNB.
That’s because the jetty needs to be attached to the upper deck first.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.