Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Using T5 arrivals lounge when just hitting gold

Old Mar 25, 19, 2:59 pm
Original Poster

So I'm something like 15 tier points from hitting gold and will be arriving into T5 on a long-haul flight that will add 90 tier points to my account. Is there any chance explaining this would allow me to use the arrivals lounge on arrival? Or am I going to have to wait for them to post? Thanks
Old Mar 25, 19, 3:03 pm

Programs: Former BA/AA/CP/LY employee, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Platinum, Samsung Platinum
Originally Posted by martian View Post
am I going to have to wait for them to post?
Yes.
Old Mar 25, 19, 4:12 pm

Programs: BA Ag, Avis Pres Club, Ex VS Au, Best Western Au, Ex Marriott Pt, HHonors Silver, Priority Club Au
No harm in asking, you never know. You've got the evidence of a flight in the boarding pass so have a go and let us know what happens.
Old Mar 25, 19, 5:49 pm

I didn't have to wait to use the first lounge. I was 5 tier points off (the out flight hadn't credited yet either). I just showed them my silver app with 1495 and explained that I had hoped to have access on the inbound (connecting) as they the outbound flight would usually have credited and they let us in.