Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

GGL now allowed 5 guests in GF + TFW (same flight only)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GGL now allowed 5 guests in GF + TFW (same flight only)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2019, 11:26 am

Programs: BA Silver - hard drop from GGL :( SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, AC E50k
Same here... an actual improvement. However, assuming you give a gold card to your partner, which I did (and this is geared towards families, I assume), then we can already guest in 3 people combined, for a total of 5 people in, so essentially adding another person to what it was before?
ratypus likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 11:43 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Originally Posted by brentford77
In short, a nice touch that I expect will have no measurable effect on lounge numbers.
Except during the short school holidays. I expect it willl be very busy in the GF lounge at the next school half term week.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 12:12 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Web site updated:

Additional lounge benefits

Whenever you’re travelling with British Airways, either for business or leisure, you can invite up to five guests to join you in our relaxing departure lounges (excluding the Concorde room).

Additionally, you can take one guest into our owned arrivals lounges when you are travelling on a British Airways longhaul flight. General Terms and Conditions apply.

At 5,000 Tier Points, you will receive the Concorde Room Card — your key to the most luxurious and well-appointed lounges at London Heathrow Terminal 5 and New York JFK Terminal 7. You can also extend the invitation to one guest (provided they are also flying with British Airways) so they can relax or dine with you prior to take-off.

Discover more about our lounge locations
Old Mar 25, 2019, 12:14 pm

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
agreed--this is a nice gesture. sometimes for work when i travel with my team the few of us with any BA status have to cover those who do not when we are on the same LH flight and even then, end up in the CW lounge. this just makes things easier.

as noted upthread--i travel solo about 95% of the time so really has no impact but for the few times ive had 2 or 3 friends with me. you can be certain they ran the analysis of how many GGL either (1) travel with 2 or more people on the same PNR, (2) how many times a GGL with guest in 2 persons to the lounge and (3) how many GGL travel with 5 others on the same flight in F for access to the CCR

however for those rare instances, this is a welcome perk!
Old Mar 25, 2019, 12:41 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Krisz
Read the small print...

...to a maximum of five additional guests travelling with you on the same flight (in addition to any partner card...
That appears to me to be a very fair way of preventing guesting abuse.

Originally Posted by Lefly
English is not my 1st language. I prefer to clarify asking
Also because if I recall correctly, the previous 2 guests weren't limited by flying BA, only by using BA lounges...?
I don’t think that policy has changed, GGLs should still be allowed 2 guests under the existing policy.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 12:45 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by flatlander
Except during the short school holidays. I expect it willl be very busy in the GF lounge at the next school half term week.
although that is balanced out by the fact that there are fewer business travellers during school holidays...plus, BA already run 'promotional' lounge rules during school holidays even for us lowly GCH (allowing up to 5 guests, if I recall) and even that doesn't seem to have GF bursting at the seams any more than usual...

Also - I can drink champagne standing up quite happily.
TTmex likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 12:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Perhaps now this is in place they won't need to give out partner cards. If a GGL can bring their partner and their 3 kids and the nanny into the lounge when they travel for leisure then BA will probably think they don't need to extend Gold/Silver privileges to the partner/children for the rest of the year anymore.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 1:14 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OWS), OZ Diamond (*G), TK Elite (*G), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Airprox
Perhaps now this is in place they won't need to give out partner cards. If a GGL can bring their partner and their 3 kids and the nanny into the lounge when they travel for leisure then BA will probably think they don't need to extend Gold/Silver privileges to the partner/children for the rest of the year anymore.
Hopefully that is not the outcome of this. Now me and the Mrs. together could guest 10 relatives in but we tend to like travelling light and much rather gift the Golds/Silvers. And I think the feeling is mutual.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 1:58 pm

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
Great news. Occasionally I travel with numerous colleagues from work so this come in handy on those occasions.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 2:50 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Won't be of any use to me as I always travel solo.....not that BA have emailed me this anyway along with practically everything else over the last 4 months
madfish likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 5:22 pm

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Airprox

gosh i hope not since my partner card is for my PARTNER and it would be silly of them to assume that two partners are always traveling together!
Old Mar 25, 2019, 5:34 pm

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
cynical me wonders why they did this when they did not have to!
5 is a huge number - you can almost bring in the von trapp family with a partner card
Old Mar 25, 2019, 5:35 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by xenole
Won't be of any use to me as I always travel solo.....not that BA have emailed me this anyway along with practically everything else over the last 4 months
And the prize for the most Eyore quote of the thread goes to...
Old Mar 25, 2019, 5:48 pm

Programs: BA:Gold Amex:Green :IC Platinum Elite Amb
  • Guests traveling with the Gold Guest List Member from London Heathrow Terminal 5 may use The First Wing.
Is this to be read as GCH can no longer guest TFW?
Old Mar 25, 2019, 6:06 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by UKTony
  • Guests traveling with the Gold Guest List Member from London Heathrow Terminal 5 may use The First Wing.
Is this to be read as GCH can no longer guest TFW?
No
alex67500 and KARFA like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.