Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

GGL now allowed 5 guests in GF + TFW (same flight only)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GGL now allowed 5 guests in GF + TFW (same flight only)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2019, 10:40 am

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
I would guess that it may be a result of there being less GGLs than there used to be due to the elimination of qualification by earning 3000 TPs for 2 years running. The 5000 barrier must have gradually reduced the numbers.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 10:42 am

Programs: BA (GGL/CCR)
Thank God this doesn't apply to the CCR! F Wing and FLounge will become permanent zoos, I suspect.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 10:44 am

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by CCayley
Thank God this doesn't apply to the CCR! F Wing and FLounge will become permanent zoos, I suspect.
I doubt it. That's why I think it is a result of there being significantly less GGLs than there used to be.

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, BA LTG, Hilton Diamond, FB Platinum, EK Gold
Just got the email as well but wonder how much extra traffic will be coming through TFW and into GF.

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
This is a marketing ploy....get more people exposed to the lounge in hopes they will aspire to it and translate that into more $$$. The flip side of this is overcrowding where the lone member maybe asked to a step down to J lounge. Can you see a commotion then ?
Old Mar 25, 2019, 10:48 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Lefly
English is not my 1st language. I prefer to clarify asking
Also because if I recall correctly, the previous 2 guests weren't limited by flying BA, only by using BA lounges...?
The existing rule for GGLs is two guests in to a BA lounge (exception is CCR unless also in F) with one guest on any BA operated flight, and the other on any oneworld flight.

I see this as operating in tandem with the existing rule rather than replacing it tho, so you can guest as normal using the existing rule or guest 5 if they are all on the same flight in line with the new additional rule.
Lefly likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 10:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Could "with you" be interpreted to mean in the same cabin? The phrase "on the same flight" would suggest not.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 11:03 am

Programs: BAEC Gold/GGL, IHG Diamond AMB
This is most welcome for me - nice one BA
Old Mar 25, 2019, 11:03 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Really not sure this will make much difference to crowding in real life - for the most part, those earning GGL (at 5,000 TPs a year) are travelling on business and alone 90% of the time - so OK they have up to 5 guests for 2-3 family holidays a year? Big deal...given most people in that position would be able to get their entire family of 5 into GF anyway (one GGL plus two guests, plus presumably their spouse as a GCH on the partner card plus one guest...) - it's not that big an increase in real life

I won't benefit personally, but I see this as a very sensible move from BA - it's annoying to earn status and not be able to use it once/twice a year on a family holiday!
our_kid, PETER01, T8191 and 7 others like this.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 11:06 am

Programs: ExecutiveClub GGL/CCR MileagePlus 1K FLyingBlue GOld
Originally Posted by willphillipson
Just got the same thing... impressive... Now, what's the catch - what's getting taken away..? (Maybe I'm just too cynical!)
Well well they did took something, now they are not giving TP's for GOld upgrade vocers, now you get for what you pay or even lower in my case. SOmebody added a new thread but don't know how to quote it here
Old Mar 25, 2019, 11:09 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Perfect for me. Traveling with 5 members of my family on Saturday and Sunday. I do wonder what reaction I will get.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 11:11 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Originally Posted by farcaster
I'm afraid that the small print adds:

"Whilst we will make every endeavour to accommodate your guests, additional lounge access is subject to capacity and limited to a maximum of five additional guests travelling with you on the same flight (in addition to any partner card access). Should your first choice of lounge not be available you may be asked to use the business (Club World) lounge."

Nothing about the same PNR though that I can see unless they take have a very strict meaning of "travelling with you on the same flight."
Originally Posted by Krisz
Read the small print...

...to a maximum of five additional guests travelling with you on the same flight (in addition to any partner card...

Thanks!
Old Mar 25, 2019, 11:11 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Important information for extra guests:

"Guests are not permitted to use the outside terrace in the Galleries First Lounge at London Heathrow Terminal 5 as that's where PETER01 likes to sit in relative peace and tranquility"

Joking aside, I think that's a good analysis from ratypus
cjb666, alex67500, KARFA and 2 others like this.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 11:18 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR, LTG
Originally Posted by Upupintheair
Just got the email as well but wonder how much extra traffic will be coming through TFW and into GF.
I suspect incremental numbers will be tiny. Most ggl’s that I know rarely travel with an entourage. In my case if I travel with colleagues they invariably have access in their own right. I will use this one or two times a year max and that will only be when flying with my family (4 people) and if we are on Y redemption tickets to visit mother in law. So I will take 3 guests on two occasions a year rather than only being allowed 2 guests (before today).

In short, a nice touch that I expect will have no measurable effect on lounge numbers.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 11:20 am

Programs: BA GGL
Agreed with most, this is a useful benefit and will by and large have no measurable impact I expect. I infrequently travel with more than one or two others (and frequently they're GGL as well). Last year I travelled with family twice, which in itself is rare, so I don't see this being much of an issue. Plus if travelling with a wider entourage frequently the rest of the group are not unlikely to have some form of status as well.
ratypus likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.