Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

GGL now allowed 5 guests in GF + TFW (same flight only)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2019, 10:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps

Just had a nice e-mail from BA:

As one of our most valued Executive Club Members, we know it's important for you and your loved ones to share the experience of our luxurious lounges whenever you travel.That's why we're delighted to let you know that you can now invite up to five guests travelling with you to use our lounges, whenever you travel together. Not just on your next trip - but on all of your future trips. It's now a permanent advantage of being a Gold Guest List Member. We look forward to welcoming you and your guests on your next flight with us.
  • This benefit is only available to Gold Guest List and Gold Guest List for Life Members. It is linked to your individual Executive Club membership, is not transferable, and is subject to the standard conditions of your membership.
  • Whilst we will make every endeavour to accommodate your guests, additional lounge access is subject to capacity and limited to a maximum of five additional guests travelling with you on the same flight (in addition to any partner card access). Should your first choice of lounge not be available you may be asked to use the business (Club World) lounge.
  • This extended access does not apply to The Concorde Room
  • Guests travelling with the Gold Guest List Member from London Heathrow Terminal 5 may use The First Wing.
  • Due to limited capacity at London Heathrow Terminal 3 and all other worldwide airports, additional guests will be asked to use standard security lanes.
  • This offer is limited to British Airways flights only at all British Airways owned and operated lounges worldwide.
  • For all other flights and lounges, including oneworld carriers, standard Guest Access Policy applies.
An actual improvement it seems!
Old Mar 25, 2019, 10:29 am

Programs: BA GGL, Bonvoy lt Titanium, UA lt Gld MM, HHonors Diamond, Starbucks Gold!
Just got the same thing... impressive... Now, what's the catch - what's getting taken away..? (Maybe I'm just too cynical!)
Markie likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 10:29 am

Programs: GGL/CCR
GGL now gets 5 guests?

Odd move by BA.....

As one of our most valued Executive Club Members, we know it's important for you and your loved ones to share the experience of our luxurious lounges whenever you travel.

That's why we're delighted to let you know that you can now invite up to five guests travelling with you to use our lounges, whenever you travel together. Not just on your next trip - but on all of your future trips. It's now a permanent advantage of being a Gold Guest List Member.

We look forward to welcoming you and your guests on your next flight with us.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 10:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by willphillipson
Just got the same thing... impressive... Now, what's the catch - what's getting taken away..? (Maybe I'm just too cynical!)
Don't worry it's not just you, this is the first thing that came to my mind too.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 10:30 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, *A Silver, OW Emerald, HH Diamond, Karahi Express
Just got the email... I’m impressed 🤗
Old Mar 25, 2019, 10:32 am

Programs: BA GGL, Bonvoy lt Titanium, UA lt Gld MM, HHonors Diamond, Starbucks Gold!
Originally Posted by Airprox
Don't worry it's not just you, this is the first thing that came to my mind too.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 10:33 am

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
This offer is limited to British Airways flights only at all British Airways owned and operated lounges worldwide.
What does that bit mean? Aren't the T5 lounges operated by BaxterStorey?
Old Mar 25, 2019, 10:33 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
I received the same email. Nice new perk, but let's see what they take away.

Also, in the terms it doesn't specifically say that all must be in the same pnr, or did I miss that?

"That's why we're delighted to let you know that you can now invite up to five guests travelling with you to use our lounges, whenever you travel together."

​​​​​​It also doesn't say that all must be on the same flight...
Old Mar 25, 2019, 10:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jason8612

Also, in the terms it doesn't specifically say that all must be in the same pnr, or did I miss that?

"That's why we're delighted to let you know that you can now invite up to five guests travelling with you to use our lounges, whenever you travel together."

It does say they must be on the same flight, it does not say they must be on the same PNR.
watersign and george77300 like this.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 10:34 am

Programs: "Only" 50,000 TPs until BA GGLfL
The Cruz giveth, The Cruz taketh away. Where can I go put money down on avios redemptions being linked to cash ticket prices (a la AF/KLM) in the next two weeks?

PS: Also I don't recognize the lounge in the photo in the email?
Old Mar 25, 2019, 10:35 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
  • This offer is limited to British Airways flights only at all British Airways owned and operated lounges worldwide.
Does it mean no multiple guests when travelling AA, AY, CX etc?
Old Mar 25, 2019, 10:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Lefly
Does it mean no multiple guests when travelling AA,AY, CX etc?
Seems quite clear, no?
Old Mar 25, 2019, 10:36 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR

I'm afraid that the small print adds:

"Whilst we will make every endeavour to accommodate your guests, additional lounge access is subject to capacity and limited to a maximum of five additional guests travelling with you on the same flight (in addition to any partner card access). Should your first choice of lounge not be available you may be asked to use the business (Club World) lounge."

Nothing about the same PNR though that I can see unless they take have a very strict meaning of "travelling with you on the same flight."
Old Mar 25, 2019, 10:37 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire

Read the small print...

...to a maximum of five additional guests travelling with you on the same flight (in addition to any partner card...
Old Mar 25, 2019, 10:38 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Seems quite clear, no?
English is not my 1st language. I prefer to clarify asking
Also because if I recall correctly, the previous 2 guests weren't limited by flying BA, only by using BA lounges...?

Last edited by Lefly; Mar 25, 2019 at 10:39 am Reason: addition

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.