Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

GGL now allowed 5 guests in GF + TFW (same flight only)

GGL now allowed 5 guests in GF + TFW (same flight only)

Old Mar 25, 2019, 6:06 pm

Programs: GGL
The lounge staff in Phila may not like this
Old Mar 25, 2019, 6:57 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Deltus
What does that bit mean? Aren't the T5 lounges operated by BaxterStorey?
Originally Posted by Lefly
Does it mean no multiple guests when travelling AA, AY, CX etc?
There are two conditions.

1. You must be flying on a BA flight and your guests must also be flying on that flight.

2. The lounge at the airport needs to be a BA branded lounge. So if you were departing SYD where you will either be directed to the QF lounge or The House lounge, you would only get your usual guest entitlement, not the up to 5 entitlement.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 7:05 pm

Programs: SK EBG, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by LondonCanuck
Same here... an actual improvement. However, assuming you give a gold card to your partner, which I did (and this is geared towards families, I assume), then we can already guest in 3 people combined, for a total of 5 people in, so essentially adding another person to what it was before?
Maybe I have lived abroad in a non-English speaking county for too long, but I interpret the wording to mean you can guest three people more than before (previously just two; now five), on the basis that "five additional guests travelling with you on the same flight (in addition to any partner card access)" was used rather than "five additional guests travelling with you on the same flight (including any partner card access)."

So with a partner card that would be (GGL + 5 additional guests) + (partner-card-holder+ guest) = 8 people. Not that I expect many will ever take advantage of that. And don't forget there some GLL couples ... Fair enough in that case that the additional access is subject to capacity.
LondonCanuck likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 1:20 am

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
Originally Posted by GinFizz
Maybe I have lived abroad in a non-English speaking county for too long, but I interpret the wording to mean you can guest three people more than before (previously just two; now five), on the basis that "five additional guests travelling with you on the same flight (in addition to any partner card access)" was used rather than "five additional guests travelling with you on the same flight (including any partner card access)."

So with a partner card that would be (GGL + 5 additional guests) + (partner-card-holder+ guest) = 8 people. Not that I expect many will ever take advantage of that. And don't forget there some GLL couples ... Fair enough in that case that the additional access is subject to capacity.
yes this is in addition / independent of partner card access which makes sense.

so at its extreme (assuming you gave all partner cards to people in your travelling party), you will get (in the Club lounges not First)
8 guest slots for 4 people travelling (1 x GGL 1 x Gold 2 x Silver)
Old Mar 26, 2019, 4:49 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
I can only see very very rare instances when I'll use this. Even when I travel with my family of 4, my OH has the Gold partner card so we are already covered for GF access. There may have been the odd occasion where 3 guests may have been useful over time, so unless BA is looking for us to share partner cards more widely (i.e. outside of our immediate families), then I can't really see why they have done this unprompted, unless there is some less welcome change on the horizon.
dylanks likes this.

Last edited by ThatT1Feeling; Mar 26, 2019 at 4:58 am
Old Mar 26, 2019, 5:09 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Maybe BA realized it doesn't change almost anything and it's easier to manage than the seasonal holiday "bonus" 3/4 times a year.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 5:37 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Well they're so proud of it, they've now sent me a second email to tell me all about it

Along with the email this week welcoming me to Gold for Life, entitled "Congratulations and Welcome to Gold Guest List", it seems that they're having some CRM fun as well as the website fun...
bermudasun likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 1:36 am

Programs: Aeroplan
I was really hoping for a repeat of last year's spring holidays relaxation of rules for Golds. I'm travelling with two companions next month, and am not sure who to leave outside!
Old Mar 27, 2019, 2:02 am

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Hmmm. Kids.

How often does the average FF (GGL) travel with multiple colleagues on a business trip? Suspect not often - so no particular increase in lounge or TFW loading.

However, 3 is the new 2 when it comes to kids so GGL city break, ski weekend, half term, summer holiday, visit farm house in Provence, winter sun breaks etc. will now result in extra kids in GF/TFW.

I predict a burst of kids behaving badly in the lounge threads in the near future...

Old Mar 27, 2019, 3:06 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by Dambus
Hmmm. Kids.

How often does the average FF (GGL) travel with multiple colleagues on a business trip? Suspect not often - so no particular increase in lounge or TFW loading.

However, 3 is the new 2 when it comes to kids so GGL city break, ski weekend, half term, summer holiday, visit farm house in Provence, winter sun breaks etc. will now result in extra kids in GF/TFW.

I predict a burst of kids behaving badly in the lounge threads in the near future...
It's usually "adults behaving badly in the lounge", and indeed usually on board too!

M
HMPS likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 6:17 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
It's usually "adults behaving badly in the lounge", and indeed usually on board too!
There were some kids running around at full speed while making noise at the CCR yesterday.

I haven't seen adults do that yet. Some of them make lots of noises and behave irritatingly (e.g. DYKWIA), but usually not run around
Old Mar 28, 2019, 2:34 pm

Programs: BA GGL, CR
Its a nice touch. I will probably only use it a few times a year, but used it on the day it came out: our office ski trip. We invite the finance teamas well as the secretarial and IT support staff. Three of us guested everyone in. Champagne was drunk and it was a nice start to the trip.

I occasionally travel with more than 2 junior colleagues in Europe, so its generally a nice to have but wont get abused.

I do do agree that it doesnt impact on family travel unless you have more than 3 kids, as I assume most GGLs gift their gold to ones spouse

Old Mar 28, 2019, 6:45 pm

Programs: BA Silver - hard drop from GGL :( SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, AC E50k
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
There were some kids running around at full speed while making noise at the CCR yesterday.

I haven't seen adults do that yet. Some of them make lots of noises and behave irritatingly (e.g. DYKWIA), but usually not run around
You just havent seen me chasing after my 3 year old...

She doesn't make noises, but she can run FAST!
LTN Phobia and msm2000uk like this.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 10:50 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by LondonCanuck

You just havent seen me chasing after my 3 year old...

She doesn't make noises, but she can run FAST!
I think ninja impersonation is OK - almost invisible, and silent
Old Mar 30, 2019, 3:21 am

Programs: AA, BA, NH, TP
When I was in the BA F Lounge earlier today a nice BA employee came up to me to acknowledge I am GGL but also to advise/check that I was aware of this new rule that I can invite 5 guests. Good stuff!
Before anyone says why I am not in the CX lounge I dont think too much of it, especially when I had a Eggs Benedict that was undercooked and had to be sent back the first time I went there.

Last edited by fatmac70; Mar 30, 2019 at 3:23 am Reason: Editing

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.