Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Changes to Avios / TP credit for Gold Upgrades via travel agents

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Changes to Avios / TP credit for Gold Upgrades via travel agents

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2019, 1:42 am

Programs: BA GGL for a little while longer
As a data point, I have a JER-LGW LHR-AUH-LHR based on a revenue fare as follows:

JER-LGW in ET (don't know fare bucket)
LHR-AUH in WTP (don't know fare bucket)
AUH-LHR in WTP (don't know fare bucket)

Propeller then applied a GUF and it was booked as:

JER-LGW in CE (fare bucket I)
LHR-AUH in CW (fare bucket I)
AUH-LHR in CW (fare bucket I)

When I went into the booking this morning, the "More flight information link shows:

JER-LGW in CE (fare bucket T)
LHR-AUH in CW (fare bucket T)
AUH-LHR in CW (fare bucket T)

and a total forecast TP total of 205, which I can only assume is 25 for the first sector and 90 for each of the longhauls...

I had a look at the calculator but of course WTP isn't even listed for JER-LGW so who knows what's going on ?
Old Apr 4, 2019, 1:44 am

Programs: BA GGL for a little while longer
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
It's an odd one, for sure, but if Filthy Monkey says something has been going on then I 100% accept that's what's happening.

From BA's point of view, however, I could think of a lot of much easier ways of reducing the number of GGLs than this; if that's indeed what they're trying to do.
I don't see it as a GGL cull, which could be achieved pretty rapidly by increasing the requalification threshold...

Rather, it's much more likely to be (as someone suggested upthread) that it's a well-known issue which has finally reached the top of someone's to-do list in a continuous improvement team at Waterside...
danielbk likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 10:59 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by OverTheHorizon
JER-LGW in CE (fare bucket T)

I had a look at the calculator but of course WTP isn't even listed for JER-LGW so who knows what's going on ?
I'd imagine that the keyword for the JERLGW flight has been added incorrectly, and appears as "/WT JI/" instead of "/MK JI/" (assuming the JER flight booked into K class before the GUF was applied).

You'll probably have issues with the Avios/TPs being credited for that flight. Ask Propeller to check the SSR and request BA that it be corrected if necessary.

Originally Posted by rcs85551
The PNR now has SSRs added for each upgraded segment as follows, using the FFTJ keyword:
SSR FFTJ BA HK1 BA12345678......../JI FA/00000000/S1
Old Apr 4, 2019, 4:16 pm

Programs: BA GGL, BA LTG/GFL, Honors Diamond, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Silver
With the sad demise of myflights and the .JP and .TW Amadeus links no longer functional, is there any reliable way to access the full PNR data including these comments? The AY and QR MMB send email receipts don’t capture it (for me anyway).
Old Jun 8, 2019, 4:28 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold;BA GGL; hhonors lifetime diamond; Marriott lt Gold; IH Plat Amb; Amex Centurion
May I resurrect this thread to ask if anyone knows if this has an effect on availability? One of the other reasons for using a TA to book GUFs was that you could use (eg) A class availability whereas if doing it yourself you needed award availability (or the ability to force it if you were GGL). Has that changed too?
Old Jun 8, 2019, 4:31 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by hsmall
May I resurrect this thread to ask if anyone knows if this has an effect on availability? One of the other reasons for using a TA to book GUFs was that you could use (eg) A class availability whereas if doing it yourself you needed award availability (or the ability to force it if you were GGL). Has that changed too?
Other than the changes noted here BA removes A class on the BOS and DXB routes I don't think anything has changed.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 4:33 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold;BA GGL; hhonors lifetime diamond; Marriott lt Gold; IH Plat Amb; Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by KARFA
Other than the changes noted here BA removes A class on the BOS and DXB routes I don't think anything has changed.
Thank you as ever.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 9:48 am

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
In my new booking I got T selling class on BA.com for MOW-LON segments booked into K originally. Better than nothing and based on the above it seems the rule (or another smaller loophole).
Wasted USD 70 in extra fees per ticket compared to direct BA booking Well had no time to think and research - the voucher expires in 2 days.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 12:09 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
Sadly almost all my recent GUF'd flights booked with Amex have credited with the "correct" lower booking class avios and tier points. However, one didn't, which was where there was a schedule change and everything had to be re-ticketed. That one still came through "like the good old days"

Admittedly getting a GUF applied to a booking that includes an AA-operated BA-numbered connecting flight isn't easy, and sometimes more expensive, but given how often AA mess with their schedules it could be worth booking a very tight connection somewhere stateside on suitable routes. Even if you get the correct tier points, the extra 140 tier points from London-East Coast-West Coast vs a straight London-West Coast helps, at the cost of the connection + extra flight time...
Old Jan 16, 2020, 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by Gagravarr
Admittedly getting a GUF applied to a booking that includes an AA-operated BA-numbered connecting flight isn't easy, and sometimes more expensive, but given how often AA mess with their schedules it could be worth booking a very tight connection somewhere stateside on suitable routes. Even if you get the correct tier points, the extra 140 tier points from London-East Coast-West Coast vs a straight London-West Coast helps, at the cost of the connection + extra flight time...
Thanks for the tips re AA!
Old Jan 16, 2020, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by Keter
... Wasted USD 70 in extra fees per ticket compared to direct BA booking
I wanted to clarify that the correct loss would be USD 80 and not 70, however, actual extra charge was just USD 50 (I booked via Propeller) - from what i can see Propeller is exempt from BA agent surcharges (nice surprise!). USD 50 may be a reasonable cost if you need to book something you would have issued to book otherwise.

Praying for schedule changes due to AA now (or other reasons)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.