Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA98 YYZ-LHR aircraft change, downgrade

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2019, 9:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
YYZ is not a very premium market. Other than KE's crappy 789, I can't think of any other airline that offers First Class to YYZ. LH stopped a few years ago.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 1:12 am

Programs: Executive club Gold
We’ve not been bumped down at this point.

I’ve promised my daughter I’ll bring home matching new first pyjamas!
Old Mar 31, 2019, 1:59 am
formerly mattking2000

Programs: BA|AC|AZ|SPG|H|FPC
Originally Posted by SFO777
YYZ is not a very premium market. Other than KE's crappy 789, I can't think of any other airline that offers First Class to YYZ. LH stopped a few years ago.
It's not a daily service, but EK still has service from YYZ, and F isn't terrible once you're on the plane...

BA is doubly disappointing for me as my entire route (DXB-LHR-YYZ) has been relegated to Air Belgium.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 2:33 am

I’m on BA92 on 25th May in First. We’ve gone from a 773 to a 789 and now back to 773 but with the 17 seat First variant. Heard this is the least preferred aircraft in the fleet.

I just hope it’s not put on an Air Belgium plane
Old Mar 31, 2019, 2:48 am

Programs: Executive club Gold
We booked when it was the 787, currently the 777.

Booking toronto is a lucky dip dip these days
Old Mar 31, 2019, 5:30 am
Original Poster

Just stepped off the flight.

A number of people on the flight having been bumped down to CW visibly angry especially when most of them were sitting right behind a completely empty first cabin which they had paid for, seems everyone is in the same boat including paid tickets with no compensation or refunds yet.

The cabin crew were doing their best but had absolutely no idea what was going on, and kept saying that they didn’t have first on this route, which obviously angered people even further. The only thing they could say is that they would put in a request through the iPad.

They did mention that first doesn’t start until 31st March in line with the change of schedule, which seems like good news for anyone booked after this. If true, almost seems like a bit of a scheduling cock up perhaps they incorrectly sold first a day too early.
Honie likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 6:25 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, UA Premier Gold, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Various Rental Car Statuses
Originally Posted by DG55
Just stepped off the flight.

A number of people on the flight having been bumped down to CW visibly angry especially when most of them were sitting right behind a completely empty first cabin which they had paid for, seems everyone is in the same boat including paid tickets with no compensation or refunds yet.

The cabin crew were doing their best but had absolutely no idea what was going on, and kept saying that they didn’t have first on this route, which obviously angered people even further. The only thing they could say is that they would put in a request through the iPad.

They did mention that first doesn’t start until 31st March in line with the change of schedule, which seems like good news for anyone booked after this. If true, almost seems like a bit of a scheduling cock up perhaps they incorrectly sold first a day too early.
Wow. Just wow. Utter incompetence.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.