FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Latam adding BAEC info? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1962248-latam-adding-baec-info.html)

Slotski Mar 23, 2019 2:53 pm

Latam adding BAEC info?

I have booked a LATAM flight through Expedia. During the booking process I added my BAEC number.

Just checked on the LATAM website at manage my bookings and my account number isn't shown. Also the only option appears to be to add an LATAM number. Any idea if I can add my BAEC onto the itinerary?

Thanks

callum86 Mar 23, 2019 3:49 pm

Once online check in opens you can add it.

ringingup Mar 23, 2019 4:17 pm

Contact them on Twitter. They’re good and fast.

mickeyjaw Mar 23, 2019 4:45 pm

Never tried for LATAM, but you can put most Oneworld PNRs into the 'manage my booking' on the finnair.com site and then use that to add your BAEC number.

jplondon Mar 23, 2019 5:03 pm

Or Qatar web-site also works well.

Virazuno Mar 23, 2019 6:44 pm

You can also phone them. The US "toll-free" number (via Skype!) has always been answered quickly for me.

If you have status that gifts free seat selection - ask them to do it on the same call. Often their website still tries to charge for exit rows/LATAM+ seats, when it shouldn't .

TTmex Mar 23, 2019 11:23 pm

Yep. Twitter is a good option.

omk298 Mar 24, 2019 3:01 am

I contacted them via email and that worked fine. No problems selecting seats after that

strayersong Mar 24, 2019 3:05 am

Don't forget to check your BAEC number on your boarding pass. Mine showed a random LATAM membership number initially.

ens100 Mar 24, 2019 4:24 am

Originally Posted by mickeyjaw (Post 30921791)
Never tried for LATAM, but you can put most Oneworld PNRs into the 'manage my booking' on the finnair.com site and then use that to add your BAEC number.

Agreed - this worked very well for me and the misses on a LATAM flight - was thanks to the FT that i found out of the nifty little trick

melanddave Mar 24, 2019 5:10 am

Originally Posted by ens100 (Post 30923088)
Agreed - this worked very well for me and the misses on a LATAM flight - was thanks to the FT that i found out of the nifty little trick

I tried both Finnair and QATAR without success using my six digit PNRs, any other ideas or just add during check-in ?

email2markt Mar 24, 2019 6:03 am

Sometimes you'll get more than one PNR, and only one of them works with Oneworld websites. Often when you type in your PNR into the LATAM site it will present you with an alternative PNR that is different to your original email confirmations.

mzb00 Mar 24, 2019 7:07 am

Originally Posted by melanddave (Post 30923147)

I tried both Finnair and QATAR without success using my six digit PNRs, any other ideas or just add during check-in ?

Best advice is the one given upthread, to DM @LaTamUSA on twitter. They are quite efficient in my experience.

Im a new user Mar 24, 2019 7:10 am

Originally Posted by strayersong (Post 30922969)
Don't forget to check your BAEC number on your boarding pass. Mine showed a random LATAM membership number initially.

Are you saying that the membership number of some random stranger appeared on your boarding pass? Weird. I wonder what happens if you don't spot that and the random person gets your points and you then try to retroclaim the points.

JAXBA Mar 24, 2019 7:14 am

LATAM are in Sabre, not Amadeus like AY/QR. If the LA booking won't come up on the AY/QR sites then contacting LA is the way to go.