Wiki Posts
Search

Latam adding BAEC info?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2019, 2:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond
Latam adding BAEC info?

I have booked a LATAM flight through Expedia. During the booking process I added my BAEC number.

Just checked on the LATAM website at manage my bookings and my account number isn't shown. Also the only option appears to be to add an LATAM number. Any idea if I can add my BAEC onto the itinerary?

Thanks
Old Mar 23, 2019, 3:49 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Once online check in opens you can add it.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 4:17 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Contact them on Twitter. They’re good and fast.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 4:45 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Avis Preferred, Hilton Gold
Never tried for LATAM, but you can put most Oneworld PNRs into the 'manage my booking' on the finnair.com site and then use that to add your BAEC number.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 5:03 pm

Programs: GGL
Or Qatar web-site also works well.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 6:44 pm

You can also phone them. The US "toll-free" number (via Skype!) has always been answered quickly for me.

If you have status that gifts free seat selection - ask them to do it on the same call. Often their website still tries to charge for exit rows/LATAM+ seats, when it shouldn't .
Old Mar 23, 2019, 11:23 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Yep. Twitter is a good option.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 3:01 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, UA Mileage Plus, Hotels.com Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Pizza Express Gold
I contacted them via email and that worked fine. No problems selecting seats after that
Old Mar 24, 2019, 3:05 am

Don't forget to check your BAEC number on your boarding pass. Mine showed a random LATAM membership number initially.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 4:24 am

Programs: BA Gold, AF/KL Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by mickeyjaw
Never tried for LATAM, but you can put most Oneworld PNRs into the 'manage my booking' on the finnair.com site and then use that to add your BAEC number.
Agreed - this worked very well for me and the misses on a LATAM flight - was thanks to the FT that i found out of the nifty little trick
Old Mar 24, 2019, 5:10 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by ens100
Agreed - this worked very well for me and the misses on a LATAM flight - was thanks to the FT that i found out of the nifty little trick
I tried both Finnair and QATAR without success using my six digit PNRs, any other ideas or just add during check-in ?
Old Mar 24, 2019, 6:03 am

Programs: BAEC Blue/Bronze, Krisflyer, Qantas
Sometimes you'll get more than one PNR, and only one of them works with Oneworld websites. Often when you type in your PNR into the LATAM site it will present you with an alternative PNR that is different to your original email confirmations.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 7:07 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by melanddave

I tried both Finnair and QATAR without success using my six digit PNRs, any other ideas or just add during check-in ?
Best advice is the one given upthread, to DM @LaTamUSA on twitter. They are quite efficient in my experience.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 7:10 am

Originally Posted by strayersong
Don't forget to check your BAEC number on your boarding pass. Mine showed a random LATAM membership number initially.
Are you saying that the membership number of some random stranger appeared on your boarding pass? Weird. I wonder what happens if you don't spot that and the random person gets your points and you then try to retroclaim the points.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 7:14 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
LATAM are in Sabre, not Amadeus like AY/QR. If the LA booking won't come up on the AY/QR sites then contacting LA is the way to go.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.