Gatwick arrivals

Old Mar 23, 19, 9:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA silver, aeroplan
Gatwick arrivals

My daughter and I arrive at Gatwick two separate flights, she at 06.55 from USA me at 7:50 from YYZ
neither have even been to LGW: assuming no arrivals lounge for BA for her currently booked in a very full WT+ cabin, are we best meeting before we exit to the main hall and meet there or arrange to meet inside before clearing passport control. Both have UK passports and both with only hand luggage
Old Mar 23, 19, 9:41 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
There isn't an arrival lounge, but there are cafés and hotels around to do the next best thing. The e-gates at the UK Border is in one place, with 3 entrance channels. It's not that big but the passenger load is high. I would therefore suggest the Wetherspoons directly above arrivals after getting fully landside . There is a Regus lounge right by Arrivals, though it's more business people oriented. It is quiet there though and if coffee, Wi-Fi and a comfortable seat is required then it maybe worth paying for it.
aircrashsurvivor likes this.
Old Mar 23, 19, 9:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
There isn't an arrival lounge, but there are cafés and hotels around to do the next best thing. The e-gates at the UK Border is in one place, with 3 entrance channels. It's not that big but the passenger load is high. I would therefore suggest the Wetherspoons directly above arrivals after getting fully landside . There is a Regus lounge right by Arrivals, though it's more business people oriented. It is quiet there though and if coffee, Wi-Fi and a comfortable seat is required then it maybe worth paying for it.
Thank you C-W-S. I will let her know and it sounds like the best thing is for her to exit the e-gates and go the the Wetherspoons and I’ll just meet her there before we head into London. I’ll look at the Regus lounge and see if that’s worth the cost. Much appreciated Sir
Old Mar 23, 19, 9:46 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by aircrashsurvivor View Post
My daughter and I arrive at Gatwick two separate flights, she at 06.55 from USA me at 7:50 from YYZ
neither have even been to LGW: assuming no arrivals lounge for BA for her currently booked in a very full WT+ cabin, are we best meeting before we exit to the main hall and meet there or arrange to meet inside before clearing passport control. Both have UK passports and both with only hand luggage
First question is are you both coming into the same terminal? There are two, the north and the south ( where Ba fly in and out of )..
Assuming you are both at the south there is a coffee shop directly infront of where you exit after the bagage belts and customs.

Its simple to find and somewhere to sit and wait quite comfortably with or without a coffee..
Old Mar 23, 19, 10:08 am
Original Poster

Both flying BA yes. South terminal I believe
Old Mar 23, 19, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver / VS /IHG Spire & Ambassador
I don’t recall many places to sit in any comfort in the arrivals stream at LGW so landside would be the best option for coffee shop etc

I’d also have plan B ready in case either of your flights is delayed for any length of time.
Old Mar 23, 19, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by aircrashsurvivor View Post
Both flying BA yes. South terminal I believe
BA dont fly YYZ-LGW so I guess this is a connection through JFK. Beware of cancellations and re routes to LHR on this service.
Old Mar 23, 19, 1:07 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold, TK Elite, Dragonpass, HH Silver
BA do fly YYZ-LGW. Summer season only.
Old Mar 23, 19, 2:19 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club Blue
A nice benefit of Wetherspoons is unlimited tea/coffee refills, should the wait be a little longer than expected.
Old Mar 23, 19, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by davehammer View Post
Ah thanks, missed that.
Old Mar 23, 19, 3:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by davehammer View Post
yes. Exactly I’m on a BA 777 YYZ to LGW ....
Old Mar 23, 19, 4:05 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club - Bronze, SQ KrisFlyer
Originally Posted by sunshinebob View Post
Assuming you are both at the south there is a coffee shop directly infront of where you exit after the bagage belts
Costa Coffee will be directly in front of you as you exit arrivals.

Alternatively, on the mezzanine level, you have Caffè Nero, Giraffe, Joe’s Coffee or Wetherspoons pub.
Old Mar 24, 19, 8:12 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, VS Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by zappomatic View Post
A nice benefit of Wetherspoons is unlimited tea/coffee refills, should the wait be a little longer than expected.
Also worth using their app to order, in case you are there first, they dont have table service so saves queuing at bar and risk of losing your seat.
bisonrav and zappomatic like this.
Old Mar 24, 19, 8:24 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
You may find the Gatwick app/website gives you some free time in the arrivals lounge. It used to, but I never used it. The app is quite neat, and there are discounts on parking and have been on fast track etc so it's definitely worth the download. It's a lot more useful than Heathrow Rewards in my experience.

Also very easy to get from North Terminal to South on the shuttle train - I know that's not in play here but it was mentioned as a possible obstacle, so worth saying in case anyone comes across the thread in future.

Last edited by bisonrav; Mar 24, 19 at 8:30 am
Old Mar 24, 19, 8:29 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Yes indeed, Regus free 1 hour is available, though with some restrictions

Search this Thread
Search Engine: