Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mistake announcements

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2019, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by seat1C
I've also had a few occasions where crew put on a "landing at LHR" video on a flight from Glasgow to Heathrow which tells you that you need to arrive and go through immigration, which is even worse.
Huh? No passport control when entering England from Scotland? Did they check that everyone had English visas and not just Scottish visas? There's even a wall between England and Scotland, so isn't it like going from West Germany to East Germany?
nancypants likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 2:47 pm

Location: Almost exactly equally distant from LCY, LGW and LHR.
Programs: BA Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Just a slip of the tongue, but ...

"The cabin crew will shortly be passing through the cabin crew in order to hand out landing cards ..."

Which would be ... interesting.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 7:10 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Silver, Marriott Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
My story was landing in BOS with the announcement welcome to Lagos!

Caused a few startled expressions.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 2:37 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Steviemac

Think I must have been on the same flight. Had the crew been to Prague twice in 24 hrs ??
Yes the CSD said something along those lines during the correction announcement. Dodgy announcements from the rear galley aside, they were a great crew.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 3:53 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
Nothing major, but a 'Welcome to Heathrow' announcement which led to me staring our the window until 2 minutes later a further PA stating 'You may have noticed we are actually in Gatwick, where we are supposed to be'..

Easy mistake to make in your head I suppose - was a Virgin flight from Athens back in the days when they flew there from LHR & LGW.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 4:38 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Originally Posted by cutting42
My story was landing in BOS with the announcement welcome to Lagos!

Caused a few startled expressions.
Lagos, Logan, I hear the ground experience can be similar... especially the Logan bag handling.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 5:21 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Was once welcomed aboard an Airbus 767 aircraft. All those numbers get so confusing.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 5:24 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
I'm pretty sure on the first ever BA A380 flight to FRA a member of the crew announced it as being operated with codeshare partners including Air France. Someone will be able to confirm I'm sure.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 5:30 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
Waiting for a flight up to Leeds Bradford at T5 one afternoon the gate agent announced that today's flight to Munich was very busy and we were invited to check in our hand baggage. Cue lots of confused looks.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 6:18 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Silver, Marriott Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by flatlander
Lagos, Logan, I hear the ground experience can be similar... especially the Logan bag handling.
True, Logan was why I finally moved to hand baggage.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 6:30 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by flatlander
Lagos, Logan
The parents of one FTer I had the pleasure of meeting were concerned that the check-in desk agent seemed to think their trip to IAD would involve a visit to Texas.

Since JFD was of Scottish heritage the confusion is understandable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.