Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mistake announcements

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2019, 5:34 pm

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Spire; Avis P+; Global Entry
Had a few liquid restrictions and security for connections on domestic flights!
Old Mar 23, 2019, 6:14 pm

“... or if you are seated near the overwing emergency exit in rows 11 or 12” on an A319 (where the exit row is #10)
Old Mar 23, 2019, 6:21 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Cw novice
Go around at Edinburgh last October. Nervous passengers not helped by First Officer coming on and announcing he had just aborted the landing in Glasgow.
Ringway sucks the soul out of everyone these days I think
Old Mar 23, 2019, 7:46 pm

just getting themselves in practice for the “hard border” at Hadrian’s wall
But NCL is several miles NORTH of the wall and almost 60 miles south of Scotland.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 9:05 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
On an EK flight a few years back GLA-DXB (with a British captain). Flight date was 30th November and during his PA, the captain wished us all a happy St. Patrick’s Day!!

S
Old Mar 23, 2019, 11:08 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
A few weeks ago. .. On TK... Purser screened ISL - new Istanbul Airport transit video, while we were landing at IST - old Ataturk Airport.
tedcruz likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 11:30 pm

Originally Posted by sigma421
Not BA but had an announcement about New Zealand customs played on a Jetstar flight from Melbourne to Hobart a few weeks ago.

Also had a member of cabin crew walking up the plane giving out landing card on a Heathrow-Edinburgh flight.
Originally Posted by RGS5526
But NCL is several miles NORTH of the wall and almost 60 miles south of Scotland.
depends on what the “withdrawal agreement” says haha
Old Mar 24, 2019, 3:55 am

Programs: BA Silver, AA Gold, A3 Gold, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
We had a hard landing at JFK on AA once and the flight attendant made an announcement pointing out that ‘all passengers, even those who WERE sleeping, will have noticed that we have arrived at New York’s JFK airport terminal 8’.

The captain also did an announcement as we were pulling up to the gate after the usual ‘stay seated until seatbelt signs are off spiel’ saying that ‘the first officer had landed the aircraft and will be sent out to the runway to pick up anything that fell off after that landing’.

At the time I thought it was pretty funny (and it was clear from the tone of the captain that it was a joke) but I guess it may have concerned anyone who didn’t realise that the captain was joking or who are a nervous flyer.
DaveS likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 4:41 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I hear the same "mistake" announcement almost every time I fly from LCY or LHR: "If you check your bags in at the gate they'll be the first on the belt at your destination". Ha ha ha.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 5:34 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
had an announcement pre-departure announcing the wrong destination - “welcome aboard this flight to New York” when we were going to Chicago...caused a few passengers to slightly panic until corrected

and one where the safety briefing had to be done manually as there was a fault with the IFE - “customers seated in our First cabin” on a 788 with no First (ok that’s a geeky error and I assume because the CAA won’t let you go off the pre-approved script!)

Old Mar 24, 2019, 8:22 am

Programs: Mucci, Diamond Status & on the Supreme Council des Conseillers, BA Ag, Bonvoy GFL/Plat, xVS Au
Talking

Originally Posted by Misco60
I hear the same "mistake" announcement almost every time I fly from LCY or LHR: "If you check your bags in at the gate they'll be the first on the belt at your destination". Ha ha ha.
Originally Posted by mrow
We had a hard landing at JFK on AA once and the flight attendant made an announcement pointing out that ‘all passengers, even those who WERE sleeping, will have noticed that we have arrived at New York’s JFK airport terminal 8’.

The captain also did an announcement as we were pulling up to the gate after the usual ‘stay seated until seatbelt signs are off spiel’ saying that ‘the first officer had landed the aircraft and will be sent out to the runway to pick up anything that fell off after that landing’.

At the time I thought it was pretty funny (and it was clear from the tone of the captain that it was a joke) but I guess it may have concerned anyone who didn’t realise that the captain was joking or who are a nervous flyer.
Reminds me of the classic tale of an experienced male Captain and a junior female FO landing in quite difficult conditions, the FO was handling and bounced the landing. The Captain announced 'ladies and gentleman this is your Captain speaking, i'd like to say I had nothing to do with that landing, it was handled by my female First Officer'. She was livid but nothing she could do. A few months later, they were flying again but this time it was the Captain landing in difficult conditions. He also bounced it. The FO announced to the passengers 'ladies and gentleman, this is your First Officer speaking, i'd like to say I had nothing to do with that landing, it was handled by my male Captain'. He was absolutely furious, 'why the %$Ł did you do that?!' he exclaimed. 'Well you did it to be the other month' she replied. Yes, but I didn't press transmit!!!'
Old Mar 24, 2019, 10:43 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
There is a fairly newish FO who has transferred to BA. He has admitted in twittebrto making a few errors in referencing U2.

On Saturday’s GIB bound 490 we were advised that we were delayed as we needed to be deiced. Apparently the inbound had come from a cold destination - BCN. There were many confused faces from the many FTers onboard. Needless to say we did not go off for deicing, although somebody did come to the aircraft but not sure what they did.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 12:50 am

Programs: BA Gold
Going to LIS last week in a NEO: “Please watch the safety briefing on the video screens” followed by a long silence while the rest of the crew waited to do the manual demo.

On landing “Welcome to Prague!”
Old Mar 27, 2019, 1:57 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Rewards Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by sigma421
Not BA but had an announcement about New Zealand customs played on a Jetstar flight from Melbourne to Hobart a few weeks ago.

Also had a member of cabin crew walking up the plane giving out landing card on a Heathrow-Edinburgh flight.
Sadly, that sort of thing isn't that uncommon (on LHR flights esp). I've even seen crew trying to hand out landing cards on a Glasgow - Heathrow, which makes even less sense than a Heathrow - Edinburgh given it's impossible to do an international/domestic transfer at Glasgow without landing. (They stopped, after it was pointed out to them by me and another passenger). I've also had a few occasions where crew put on a "landing at LHR" video on a flight from Glasgow to Heathrow which tells you that you need to arrive and go through immigration, which is even worse.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by Steve_ZA
Going to LIS last week in a NEO: “Please watch the safety briefing on the video screens” followed by a long silence while the rest of the crew waited to do the manual demo.

On landing “Welcome to Prague!”
Think I must have been on the same flight. Had the crew been to Prague twice in 24 hrs ??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.